Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/1 (Very Late Friday Night). Model X Ultra Red 7 Seats.
VIN assigned 9/19 (Today). Estimated Delivery 9/22 - 9/27
Received an email from Tesla later this afternoon to schedule the delivery date. Delivery date will be September 23rd at the Buena Park Center. This will be my third Tesla (second Model X). Can't wait to play with new horizonal screen and the rear screen :).

Well, I gave in today and opted for a plaid that was available. It has the same specs as mine, just a different color. So, at least I'm good on my FSD transfer. After talking to several people from Tesla, it looks like if you don't take delivery by the 30th, your opportunity is gone. So, I hope that's not the case for a lot of you guys. I take delivery this Friday, the 22nd, and can't wait to get it! Flight booked, and bags are packed!

Well, I gave in today and opted for a plaid that was available. It has the same specs as mine, just a different color. So, at least I'm good on my FSD transfer. After talking to several people from Tesla, it looks like if you don't take delivery by the 30th, your opportunity is gone. So, I hope that's not the case for a lot of you guys. I take delivery this Friday, the 22nd, and can't wait to get it! Flight booked, and bags are packed!
Congrats! Did the same thing. I hope they honor orders that arrive after 9/30 but I didn’t want to risk it so I picked up a discounted demo.

Reactions: bk300800
Ordered 9/1 (Very Late Friday Night). Model X Ultra Red 7 Seats.
VIN assigned 9/19 (Today). Estimated Delivery 9/22 - 9/27
Received an email from Tesla later this afternoon to schedule the delivery date. Delivery date will be September 23rd at the Buena Park Center. This will be my third Tesla (second Model X). Can't wait to play with new horizonal screen and the rear screen :).
Is your VIN range 415xxx or 416xxx?

I found an inventory 7 seater in Riverside and contacted Tesla to assign that X to me instead of waiting for the 5 seater I ordered on 9/1. Aside from the number of seats, the specs are the same as my original order (white exterior/black interior/20" wheels/steering wheel). I read on these forums that the rear seat cooling is better on the 6 and 7 seat configurations due to a larger AC compressor and additional fan so that swayed me a bit to the 7 seat configuration. I am waiting for Tesla to assign me a delivery date.

Yeah even Tesla made a post on X about the time running out. Really curious on the churn if it’s not extended (which based on delivery dates slipping, doesn’t look like it will happen)

Reactions: bk300800
Tesla delivery text.jpg

LOL, inquiry to Tesla delivery

I found one in Texas (I'm in FL) that is same as my order, but not Plaid. I used online chat and they told me to text the # from my order confirmation. I text them, and no response. They also haven't responded to 2 messages from last week. Do I use a local TX zip code so I can order it online and have them delete my original order and I fly to TX and pick it up? I don't have a SA and am 4 hours from any sales center, so I have absolutely no way to contact anyone at Tesla. This is the most crazy $100k transaction I've ever been involved in.

I found one in Texas (I'm in FL) that is same as my order, but not Plaid. I used online chat and they told me to text the # from my order confirmation. I text them, and no response. They also haven't responded to 2 messages from last week. Do I use a local TX zip code so I can order it online and have them delete my original order and I fly to TX and pick it up? I don't have a SA and am 4 hours from any sales center, so I have absolutely no way to contact anyone at Tesla. This is the most crazy $100k transaction I've ever been involved in.
I might be wrong but Tesla has moved to a “register where you buy” model. You’d have to register it I think in Texas. I could be wrong though

I found one in Texas (I'm in FL) that is the same as my order, but not Plaid. I used online chat, and they told me to text the # from my order confirmation. I text them, and no response. They also haven't responded to 2 messages from last week. Do I use a local TX zip code to order it online and have them delete my original order, and I fly to TX and pick it up? I don't have a SA and am 4 hours from any sales center, so I have absolutely no way to contact anyone at Tesla. This is the most crazy $100k transaction I've ever been involved in.
I just texted the number that text me when I placed my order earlier this month. And told them I found a plaid in Kansas City and he asked if would I be willing to go. I said yes. I'm equal distance to KC or St Louis which is where my initial order was going. He matched the car to my account and BAM I was on my way Vin showed up in the app immediately. Allowed me to proceed with the delivery and that was that.

Curious, if you change configurations after placing your order, does that result in a completely new order (e.g. new order number in your Order Agreement)? And do you keep your "place in the order queue" for EDD (not factoring in existing inventory though)? For example if you switch between MXP and MXLR, or vice versa

Curious, if you change configurations after placing your order, does that result in a completely new order (e.g. new order number in your Order Agreement)? And do you keep your "place in the order queue" for EDD (not factoring in existing inventory though)? For example if you switch between MXP and MXLR, or vice versa
Same order number but most likely lose your order queue unless you can match with any current deliverable inventory.

For example if there's an inventory MXLR that I might be okay to "settle" for to do a 9/30 date delivery. But if they extend the FSD transfer, then I can ditch it and go back to the original plan of an MXP order and my place in line? And if not, then I can also just cancel the order entirely. lol

The sales centers have direct phone numbers if you need to reach a live human being. You can find them on Google maps by searching the sales center location.