Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well i hope the Model X never qualifies for tax credits again and prices go to $150K. It would be nice 5 years from now as I sell it to find out I was paid to drive it. Kind of like anyone that bought a house prior to 2020… you got paid to live in your house! AWESOME!!!!!

Ehh, that party is over. It was once in a lifetime opportunity.

Honestly, it doesn't even matter for housing because you still have to buy another place to live in once you sold yours...at inflated prices. The real winners are the ones who owned multiple houses and did not need those extra ones and sold them.

The high interest rates will be here to stay for a while- which will likely drive down the prices again.

The next big opportunity is when there is a huge recession.

Well i hope the Model X never qualifies for tax credits again and prices go to $150K. It would be nice 5 years from now as I sell it to find out I was paid to drive it. Kind of like anyone that bought a house prior to 2020… you got paid to live in your house! AWESOME!!!!!
Yea, I wouldn’t mind if the Plaid went back up to 120k after I took delivery 😝

what real competition? rivian is the closest and they are losing 33k per car lol.
Have you driven any of the legacy automakers’ EV offerings? I was quite impressed with the BMW iX and it’s a compelling rival to the Model X. Of course Tesla still has the software (I received two minor updates in course of owning my previous BMW for the last three years) and charging infrastructure advantage — but they seem to have been removing that moat themselves by encouraging NACS adoption.

Have you driven any of the legacy automakers’ EV offerings? I was quite impressed with the BMW iX and it’s a compelling rival to the Model X. Of course Tesla still has the software (I received two minor updates in course of owning my previous BMW for the last three years) and charging infrastructure advantage — but they seem to have been removing that moat themselves by encouraging NACS adoption.
I've also noticed that the leasing deals for the BMW iX, while still way cheaper than the Model X, have been slowly getting more expensive... The BMW iX was a real contender for me, but it was hard to locate one around me in the configuration/price I want. I've asked leasehackr but unfortunately, I don't live in the northeast or California. Slim pickings in the PNW.

Last edited:
Reactions: snorlax
Ehh, that party is over. It was once in a lifetime opportunity.

Honestly, it doesn't even matter for housing because you still have to buy another place to live in once you sold yours...at inflated prices. The real winners are the ones who owned multiple houses and did not need those extra ones and sold them.

The high interest rates will be here to stay for a while- which will likely drive down the prices again.

The next big opportunity is when there is a huge recession.

Really? It’s happened to me twice in 20 years. :D Guess i’m just lucky.

Interesting point. However, why does Tesla need to cut prices if there is literally no competition? Other manufacturers are already in the red. There's no need to cut prices if they're the only 'compelling' EV now.

Because Tesla’s competition is not other EVs. It’s ICE cars. They want to replace every ICE car with an EV and hence they would be relentless unless they have a price below ICE cars.

So I’m scheduled for pickup tomorrow and just received a call from the delivery center stating during my inspection, the horn is not working. They think it’s firmware related and will let me know by 6pm if it’s fixed or if the tech needs to look further into it which may postpone the delivery 😩😩. I have a steering wheel. Just my luck lol. So much stuff planned for tomorrow after pickup and now I may need to make calls to delay services. Bummed out to say the least! I really hope it’s a simple firmware update.

So I’m scheduled for pickup tomorrow and just received a call from the delivery center stating during my inspection, the horn is not working. They think it’s firmware related and will let me know by 6pm if it’s fixed or if the tech needs to look further into it which may postpone the delivery 😩😩. I have a steering wheel. Just my luck lol. So much stuff planned for tomorrow after pickup and now I may need to make calls to delay services. Bummed out to say the least! I really hope it’s a simple firmware update.
Look at the sunny side, you get a Model X ;)

No dice, Tesla stated they will need to diagnose it further and may require replacing the entire computer which also requires them to pull up the floor boards to access. “It’s a lengthy process to access/replace and reprogram which may take up to 2-3 weeks”. I may end up rejecting if that’s the case. I got bumped to 5pm tomorrow to give the tech time to rule out wiring or firmware issues. Fingers crossed it’s as simple as programming.

Reactions: Carlitos
2-3 weeks? Uhh… nothing takes 2-3 weeks in a car. That’s a very concerning statement by them.
I have a feeling the person I talked to had NO IDEA what was going on and falsely stated the time frame for repair. I feel this should be a couple of days tops for a replacement. 2-3 weeks doesn’t make any sense. I will know more tomorrow.