Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most likely. I can't verify now since my credit report is not updated for this loan which I applied 10/13. However, when I applied for the Telsa loan back in 9/5, they did a hard pool as shown in my credit report.
Sorry to hound you about this, but is the 1% apr discount documented anywhere online? I've gone over their website pretty well but can't seem to find it. I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth joining yet another CU for a 0.4% APR difference from NFCU, but if I can get that 3.99...

Sorry to hound you about this, but is the 1% apr discount documented anywhere online? I've gone over their website pretty well but can't seem to find it. I'm on the fence as to whether it's worth joining yet another CU for a 0.4% APR difference from NFCU, but if I can get that 3.99...
No worries at all. I first read about the "1% discount" from other thread when I was hunting. So I called fedchoice to verify whether the rates on their website is up-to-date, and the "new member 1% discount" promotion. The lady confirmed all and let me know the floor rate was 3.99%. They pick up the pretty quick so give them a call tomorrow if you would like to verify. (They close at 4 PM EST)

The 3.99% for 72 months was during September at USSFCU. I noticed that all the rates have "bumped up" since September. He probably locked it in in September during then. The application process is easy, but I'm not sure if it was only valid for 30 days or 60 days after locking the rate. Either way, VIN assignments from now on, will probably not take delivery until November.

DCU also bumped up their rates, (now 65 month loan for 6.5%). The rates are pretty atrocious now compared to last month.

Thanks for the update. Yeah auto loan rates are high and likely going higher as another fed rate high is anticipated in November.

I was able to lock in a rate with Navy Fed for 5.44% @ 72 months but it expires on 1/4 and my current EDD is 12/21 - 2/15. I originally locked in because Tesla was (and still is) advertising a delivery date of Nov - December 2023 when I ordered. I figured with a 90-day lock that would be more than enough but now I see that might not be true.

Picked it up this afternoon. Exterior of the car was pretty close to perfect. Only issue is a small tear in the front passenger seat that will hopefully be fixed next week with a mobile service appointment.

Good luck to all those still in the queue waiting on their cars.
I ordered one day after which was on 9/5 but still no VIN, and my EDD is 10/23-11/13. Congrats!

Reactions: Storksb and snorlax
Yeah I don't know the inner workings of Tesla. It does seem they're going somewhat sequentially, as recent builds have been 419XXX. It was 417XXX towards the end of September. It's quite possible someone with yours cancelled just before it was shipped from factory so they gave you theirs?
Hmm, you could be right. I do see another that breaks the pattern on the spreadsheet. It's a 10/9 VIN that's PF418XXX.

Oh well. After the year long fiasco of trying to scry their early Model S refresh delivery priority logic, I've given up bothering. I waited 357 days for that car and I ordered it 4 days after they started taking orders on Jan 27 (with initial EDD March 15).

Your SA needs to ask up the chain and give you a FSD transfer agreement in PDF to sign then update that form into their system. After that, in the Tesla App, it should show the FSD transfer like the following pic took as of today.

View attachment 983196
@gaubong053
Does your Tesla App STILL show the above Screenshot on your app. I think mine showed that on September 30th when I ordered and completed my registration, but disappeared on October 1st and no longer visible.

However my SA said my transfer is in the System, although I have no proof of that.

Would you mind educating me on the tax rebate? If the delivery happens in 2024, what happens? Much appreciated.
I wish I could but I dont have specifics.

From what I do understand, there will likely be a reduction in the $7,500 in how much the X qualifies for based on the battery composition. Also, starting 1/1, the rebate comes off the price at the dealership rather than having to wait until tax time to get it off your taxes. Then the rebate transfers the the dealer. Not sure how Tesla will make this work, but it will be interesting to see.

If anyone has a better understanding, please let us know because there are are a dozen or more buyers in this thread that are in threat of not taking delivery in 2023.

I wish I could but I dont have specifics.

From what I do understand, there will likely be a reduction in the $7,500 in how much the X qualifies for based on the battery composition. Also, starting 1/1, the rebate comes off the price at the dealership rather than having to wait until tax time to get it off your taxes. Then the rebate transfers the the dealer. Not sure how Tesla will make this work, but it will be interesting to see.

If anyone has a better understanding, please let us know because there are are a dozen or more buyers in this thread that are in threat of not taking delivery in 2023.
Thanks for your reply.

Picked up my MXP today. Overall, good unit for a Saturn…I mean a Tesla. 😅

I’m outta here suckers! You’ll find me in the issues thread j/k *knock on wood 😬

May the panel gap gods smile upon all of you who’s still waiting for delivery 🤞

Also FSD transferred immediately at the delivery center once I completed the final acceptance of the vehicle.

Congrats! I just noticed you are also in SoCal. Do you have any recommendation for car insurance? And any shop that are good at tint job?

@gaubong053
Does your Tesla App STILL show the above Screenshot on your app. I think mine showed that on September 30th when I ordered and completed my registration, but disappeared on October 1st and no longer visible.

However my SA said my transfer is in the System, although I have no proof of that.
Yes, it still shows the FSD transfer info on my app. It disappeared on Oct/01 but I had my SA updated the new signed form and it shows up that line again.

Reactions: Saxman
Congrats! I just noticed you are also in SoCal. Do you have any recommendation for car insurance? And any shop that are good at tint job?
I'm currently on Tesla insurance (switched from Farmers earlier this year because their premium for Tesla almost doubled). For Tesla's insurance, I'm paying $170/mo with $500,000 coverage and $1,000 deductible. Calling in to talk to a live person (e.g. adding my MXP to my existing policy), can be a pain being on hold waiting to speak to someone can be anywhere from 20-40mins. lol

Regarding tint, depending on what tint film you're looking for. I'm taking my MXP to G5 Tint in Alhambra (they also have a location in Pasadena). It's a bit of a drive for me from OC, but I wanted to go with a 3M Crystalline and not too many shops with a lot of experience doing Teslas.

Geico has way better rates than Farmers/Allstate/State Farm. Even with a multiple policy discount state farm was almost double. Costco (American Family) is even better than Geico but they stopped underwriting new california policies for some strange reason.

Will be taking the incoming MX to G5 like @awd_rails as well. For the MY I did Photosync IRD at Extreme Autowerks and didn't think it was worth the premium over 3M Crystalline. G5 has done 6 flawless cars for us. I had to have Extreme Autowerks redo my front windshield because of haziness right in my line of vision and they left my MY a mess after tinting in with shoeprints all over the carpet and interior floor trim pieces.

"We do install the windshield tint in one full piece.
3M Ceramic IR on front doors + 3M Crystalline on windshield $1,075
3M Crystalline on the front half $1,100
3M Ceramic IR on the sides, back glass, sunroof + Crystalline on the windshield $1,660
3M Crystalline on all windows $1,910"