Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you so much for gathering all these datapoints!

You can add me to your data points as I haven't post anything to this particular thread.

9/5 Placed Order, Still no VIN, Current window showing 10/23-11/13 (FYI, my order detail is in the tracking spreadsheet which I entered for the first time 30 minutes ago)

I have a very good feeling that we are almost there. Delay was no fun at all but thanks to extended waiting period, I was able to find much better deal for selling my old car (instead of using Tesla trade-in from $6,800 to $9,000), and auto loan (instead of using Tesla loan from '6.57% for 36 months' to thrid party financing '3,99% for 72 months'). I was in a super lazy mode when I placed the order. After my 'Tesla trade-in value' of $8,100 on my old car got expired, Tesla gave a new off for my trade-in $6,800. Thank you, Tesla for encouraging me to go out there for hunting!
Are you able to share where you got 3.99% for 72 months?

Are you able to share where you got 3.99% for 72 months?
The 3.99% for 72 months was during September at USSFCU. I noticed that all the rates have "bumped up" since September. He probably locked it in in September during then. The application process is easy, but I'm not sure if it was only valid for 30 days or 60 days after locking the rate. Either way, VIN assignments from now on, will probably not take delivery until November.

DCU also bumped up their rates, (now 65 month loan for 6.5%). The rates are pretty atrocious now compared to last month.

Last edited:
I’ve been talking to my CU and their rates are only valid for 60 days. The beginning of my EDD is barely in that range, so I am going to have to just hold off and either wait until I get a VIN, or just refinance after I take delivery.

Thank you so much for gathering all these datapoints!

You can add me to your data points as I haven't post anything to this particular thread.

9/5 Placed Order, Still no VIN, Current window showing 10/23-11/13 (FYI, my order detail is in the tracking spreadsheet which I entered for the first time 30 minutes ago)

I have a very good feeling that we are almost there. Delay was no fun at all but thanks to extended waiting period, I was able to find much better deal for selling my old car (instead of using Tesla trade-in from $6,800 to $9,000), and auto loan (instead of using Tesla loan from '6.57% for 36 months' to thrid party financing '3,99% for 72 months'). I was in a super lazy mode when I placed the order. After my 'Tesla trade-in value' of $8,100 on my old car got expired, Tesla gave a new off for my trade-in $6,800. Thank you, Tesla for encouraging me to go out there for hunting!
I have you added in, just keep us posted!

Reactions: Breakthrough
The 3.99% for 72 months was during September at USSFCU. I noticed that all the rates have "bumped up" since September. He probably locked it in in September during then. The application process is easy, but I'm not sure if it was only valid for 30 days or 60 days after locking the rate. Either way, VIN assignments from now on, will probably not take delivery until November.

DCU also bumped up their rates, (now 65 month loan for 6.5%). The rates are pretty atrocious now compared to last month.
Good for 60 days got mine at 5.49% for 72 months

Reactions: Visvism
Hmm interesting...so they only made like 500 Model X's in the past 11 days? I could've sworn I saw someone having a VIN of PF4190XX on 10/7.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem they're going sequentially. I got my VIN on 10/15 and it was PF4182XX. Kinda ticks me off that I have to wait longer for an older build, but all that really matters is when it gets delivered (for warranty purposes)

Unfortunately it doesn't seem they're going sequentially. I got my VIN on 10/15 and it was PF4182XX. Kinda ticks me off that I have to wait longer for an older build, but all that really matters is when it gets delivered (for warranty purposes)

Yeah I don't know the inner workings of Tesla. It does seem they're going somewhat sequentially, as recent builds have been 419XXX. It was 417XXX towards the end of September. It's quite possible someone with yours cancelled just before it was shipped from factory so they gave you theirs?

Can you share details on this? Best I can find for 72 month is 5.04% at Navy Fed.
Absolutely. I got it from fedchoice FSU. The lowest rate on their table is 4.49% but they give 1% additional discount for the new members. Then you may ask, why I coudln't get 3.49% instead of 3.99%. It is because their floor rate was 3.99% when I applied.

My apologies for not disclosing the date of my auto loan application. I applied for this loan on 10/13 last Friday. It got approved on 10/15 this Monday at 3.99% for 72 months. And yes, I got really surprised as the rate was better than any other lenders that I researched.

Absolutely. I got it from fedchoice FSU. The lowest rate on their table is 4.49% but they give 1% additional discount for the new members. Then you may ask, why I coudln't get 3.49% instead of 3.99%. It is because their floor rate was 3.99% when I applied.
Awesome, thanks. Fed employee here so this is perfect. I'm seeing 4.64% for 72 months, but that would still give the 3.99% with the discount. 👍