Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no UMC included as well.
Can confirm the same, it is an option you can check when ordering. I remember because it was default checked for me and I removed it when ordering.

1700397230518.png

I had a 50A/240v circuit with NEMA 14-50 outlet installed for my 2016 MS, my new MXLR seems to be charging faster (at 40A) vs 30A of 2016 MS. I use the mobile charger I bought for my MS.

Question: I am very used to my MS 2016 showing range in miles rather than as a % battery that my MXLR is doing now. Miles is more intuitive (though it may be less accurate). Is there a setting or someplace I can look if I wanted to see the range in miles? % Battery is not very useful to estimate range especially if I plan to make multiple stops and know if I will have to charge.

Reactions: cktemp
Can confirm the same, it is an option you can check when ordering. I remember because it was default checked for me and I removed it when ordering.

View attachment 991973

I had a 50A/240v circuit with NEMA 14-50 outlet installed for my 2016 MS, my new MXLR seems to be charging faster (at 40A) vs 30A of 2016 MS. I use the mobile charger I bought for my MS.

Question: I am very used to my MS 2016 showing range in miles rather than as a % battery that my MXLR is doing now. Miles is more intuitive (though it may be less accurate). Is there a setting or someplace I can look if I want3ed to see the range in miles? % Battery is not very useful to estimate range especially if I plan to make multiple stops and know if I will have to charge.
if you tap on percentage it shows miles I think but I am 10hours old owner :D

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Are the folks with Ultra-red still ultra-happy? Not tooooooo red? I have a blue on order, but when I see reds on the road, I'm like hmmmmm...

Also, how's live with stalk-less driving?

And if one had to guess, are lane changes safer with the X due to the screen in from of the wheel?

TIA!

Are the folks with Ultra-red still ultra-happy? Not tooooooo red? I have a blue on order, but when I see reds on the road, I'm like hmmmmm...

And if one had to guess, are lane changes safer with the X due to the screen in from of the wheel?

TIA!

Took delivery of our ultra red yesterday, and it is just the kind of red I love. Not too bright, and not too dull either. This is coming from someone who likes burgundy as a color though.

Reactions: eeee-meeee

Honestly very easily adaptable but awkward at first. The gear shifter you get used to the fastest — other than the “direction” being opposite of a classic gear shift (flick forward for drive backward for reverse), the overall usage is very intuitive. Also worth noting that BMW joystick shifters have already tried the reverse direction thing claiming that it’s more natural so this isn’t new.

Turn signals take a little longer to get used to but it’s actually not bad at all. After a week those feel normal too. At first it feels like signaling while turning the wheel would be hard but it’s actually not. Turns out in my old car I’ve been pretty damn good at skipping songs or changing radio stations while turning the wheel and it’s not that hard.

The wipers and headlights honestly are better on the steering wheel compared to being unlabeled / poorly labeled stalk buttons. My partner always accidentally confuses the park button and the wiper button on the stalk and thank goodness the car ignores the park button at highway speeds but it still makes me scream NOOOOOOOO

The horn is kind of ridiculous though. You will always reach for the airbag cover during an emergency. That’s just too universally ingrained and too much of a split second thing.

Overall IMO the stalkless is very easy to get used to compared to a yoke.

TIA!
actually I don’t ever use the IC as a blind spot sensor. I always either look, use the repeater camera view, or engage Autosteer and let autopilot do the change while I monitor. The latter I find the safest.

One thing the dual screen does offer is larger repeater cam views on the infotainment screen which I think is a safety improvement. But the biggest improvement is HW4. The new repeater cam is such a step up in quality like from an original iPhone to an iPhone 11 sort of step up, especially that it’s glare free at night. I’ve seen a developer build where the blind spot cam itself has a thick red border when a car is there. I hope they ship that feature as that would be a major improvement.

My scouring of inventory 10x a day has finally paid off. Found an almost identical build MXP, blue, cream (wanted white), steering wheel, 20s. As soon as I saw it I jumped on it. Got the vin PF424 and EDD is Dec 3 to Dec 10! Finally I can stop refreshing my app and going to the inventory site!
Apparently I’ll be losing my $250 for my order that I have to cancel. Oh well wish they could just transfer it

Same thing in the app.
The touch toggle works on the app but not on the infotainment screen. But I found that you can change it by going to Display settings.

Are the folks with Ultra-red still ultra-happy?
The Ultra red is likely less polarizing and closer to most other reds I have seen on cars. Personally, I like the red of my 2016 Model S, felt it was unique, it is not as dark and i like to call it the Dexter Red :)

Agree with @chillaban, though we only have a days experience. Got used to the turn signals fast and previously I have accidently activated TACC instead of turn signal and also tried to park on a highway trying to squirt water on my windshield! so, I think it is safer for me when I find it hard to context switch between my ICE and the X.

One thing I would like is with TACC, the ability to jump by 5 miles like the stalk allowed me, else itis a lot of scrolling! Is there a way to do that? I like that it starts at speed limit + 5 (which is what I have set).

I did not realize how huge the X is till I parked it in the garage, we really need those parking sensors or the camera to work right because, the space behind the car is very tight. I need to figure out a way to mark so I park far enough into my garage without hitting anything.

It learnt my garage remote without a fuss (compared to my 2016 MS) and also appreciate I can just put the toll tag behind my rear-view mirror, while I could not on my MS.

This morning I found a biggish puddle of clear liquid and when I looked under it, I can see it dripping on both sides from the front, it is colorless and was not viscous, it is clear and feels like water is this normal? I am hoping it is just condensation as it has been humid here.

This morning I found a biggish puddle of clear liquid and when I looked under it, I can see it dripping on both sides from the front, it is colorless and was not viscous, it is clear and feels like water is this normal? I am hoping it is just condensation as it has been humid here.

Probably water dripping from your AC. All cars do that.

One thing I would like is with TACC, the ability to jump by 5 miles like the stalk allowed me, else itis a lot of scrolling! Is there a way to do that? I like that it starts at speed limit + 5 (which is what I have set).
Similar to the 3/Y, rapidly flicking the wheel up or down will move in 5mph intervals. It takes a little practice to flick it at the right speed so that it registers and also moves by 5.

Reactions: aiorbroke
Never tried it myself, but would have thought the $250 would transfer if you select an existing inventory vehicle. Assuming you did it through the same order reservation
That’s what I thought too. Apparently just a whole new order with new reservation number. I didn’t try to have the rep do it bc by the time they got back to me the car would prob be gone