Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does that even pass QC? - must be nonexistent
It's like they just don't care. I understand there's a year end rush, but I had an almost 200-mile drive back home and randomly tried to clean the windshield. Guess what? No windshield washer fluid in the car I just picked up. That's like basic stuff even the cheapest manufacturers/dealerships won't overlook.

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
Yeah I don’t know about people saying quality has gotten better on these Model X’s. Totally not true and wrong. There’s always going to be something wrong with them. Only 90 miles on mine and already had to replace trim pieces, rubber seals, headlight, and a blown speaker on the front right driver door.

They’re also adjusting my doors since they’re misaligned. Even the tech was like… it’s because it’s the end of q4 pushes and they’re just trying to get cars out as fast as they can.

They gave me a pretty beat up Model Y with over 30k miles with someone else’s prescription pills from Costco inside as a loaner…didn’t even bother cleaning out the loaner before giving it to me.

I really regret not getting a mb eqs 580 suv or
Man that sucks. We know tesla quality so well and here we are still giving them our money. I’m waiting for mine to come but hopefully for a better experience.

Once they start taking things apart, you almost always end up with rattles and squeaks that become a major pain in the butt to diagnose and resolve.

Oh of course. Since they're already taking my door apart to fix the trim, I'm looking to see what happens if the rattling and squeaking starts happening, then put in another service ticket until they fix all of it.

Otherwise, I'm going to lemon my Model X. I'm probably going to end up selling it within a year at this point or trade it in for the 2024 Model X or some other vehicle.

I don't even know why I spent $80k on this vehicle. Not really worth it. To me it feels more like a $60k vehicle. The ONLY thing advantage (although this comes with a huge CON) is the FWD which are prone to problems. That, and the road mapping with the outline of all the vehicles. Even the FSD I've tried turned me into the wrong lane on a 50mph highway....

I had a feeling this was going to happen a couple months ago, and voiced my concerns about quality of the Tesla but people shot me down and kept convincing me that the Tesla Model X is BETTER than MB EQS580 SUV or BMW iX. Well, I've never had this many problems from a vehicle driven off the dealership.

Last edited:
Oh of course. Since they're already taking my door apart to fix the trim, I'm looking to see what happens if the rattling and squeaking starts happening, then put in another service ticket until they fix all of it.

Otherwise, I'm going to lemon my Model X. I'm probably going to end up selling it within a year at this point or trade it in for the 2024 Model X or some other vehicle.

I don't even know why I spent $80k on this vehicle. Not really worth it. To me it feels more like a $60k vehicle. The ONLY thing advantage (although this comes with a huge CON) is the FWD which are prone to problems. That, and the road mapping with the outline of all the vehicles. Even the FSD I've tried turned me into the wrong lane on a 50mph highway....

I had a feeling this was going to happen a couple months ago, and voiced my concerns about quality of the Tesla but people shot me down and kept convincing me that the Tesla Model X is BETTER than MB EQS580 SUV or BMW iX. Well, I've never had this many problems from a vehicle driven off the dealership.

I have no doubt you are frustrated, and you have every right to be. Just know that no car or manufacturer is perfect.

Hi All,
I have actually done the Lemon Law on BMW X3 PHEV last year successfully. Now Im am just approved for LL on my 2022 IX. Just look for my profile and follow the threads for detailed explanation, now the I have the unfortunate (or fortunate) experience of having done this twice in less than three years

My EQS has been nothing but trouble since purchase it's been for service and returned back to me with same issues, but two weeks after service it's back in the shop. I really don't know how to start the conversation regarding all safety issues, but this car has given me more stress and anxiety from purchase date.

Again nothing excuses poor quality, and I hope the service department gets your car in order, and this negative experience is forgotten and you are able to find yourself enjoying the car (even if it's only for a year).

Yah German cars are sh#+ basically built to make mechanics money BUT build quality will be superior and lot less to go wrong with them making EV's now. Had a Bmw i3 way back in the day no range but nothing like the problematic euro money trap high maintenance gas cars painfully had to see my dad deal with growing up those euro cars are problems tried to warn many friends and it always ended with "I told you so" or "I tried to tell you" when they start breaking down & needing maintenance & parts replaced.

It's like they just don't care. I understand there's a year end rush, but I had an almost 200-mile drive back home and randomly tried to clean the windshield. Guess what? No windshield washer fluid in the car I just picked up. That's like basic stuff even the cheapest manufacturers/dealerships won't overlook.
They didn’t connect the hose to the windshield washer fluid and the sprayer on the hood on my model y. Worked fine after I connected it

I have no doubt you are frustrated, and you have every right to be. Just know that no car or manufacturer is perfect.

Again nothing excuses poor quality, and I hope the service department gets your car in order, and this negative experience is forgotten and you are able to find yourself enjoying the car (even if it's only for a year).

I agree that there will be problems with other manufacturers, but given the AMOUNT of problems I had on not even first week of ownership, really sours this whole experience. Other vehicles will take like months for problems to show up. However, Tesla just takes the cake in terms of poor build quality and worse, poor QC. These things shouldn't be missed. Heck, my Toyota Rav4 I bought in 2020 had no issues like this whatsoever. It was less than half the cost of the Model X!

Also, what you're posting isn't a common problem for the BMW, or the Mercedes Benz. You're just posting one particular user. However, there are mutliple reports of issues with Tesla Model X in terms of build quality, issues with the FWD, QC issues, which has been even documented on Youtube...Like all of these issues are in masse from Tesla and people have gotten as far as to say "it's expected." MB EQS 580 SUV has only been out for about a year..so bugs are expected.

What's worse is that the Model X has been out for like 7 years? Most car manufacturers after 7 years of a product will get it completely right and the bugs/QC issues are fixed. Most car manufacturers are already retiring the product and releasing a whole new redesign after 7 years.

Last edited:
Also, what you're posting isn't a common problem for the BMW, or the Mercedes Benz. You're just posting one particular user. However, there are mutliple reports of issues with Tesla Model X in terms of build quality, issues with the FWD, QC issues, which has been even documented on Youtube...Like all of these issues are in masse from Tesla and people have gotten as far as to say "it's expected." MB EQS 580 SUV has only been out for about a year..so bugs are expected.

Like I said, you have a right to be upset. But I was simply sharing there are no guarantees. You SHOULDN'T have had to deal with the problems you are. And Tesla should be taking more pride in their work. You may jump over to BMW or Merc, and not have a single issue. Just like some have gotten into their X's and not run into the problems you have. And common or not, I doubt the people I posted take comfort in knowing "most" other same models were just fine.

Like I said, you have a right to be upset. But I was simply sharing there are no guarantees. You SHOULDN'T have had to deal with the problems you are. And Tesla should be taking more pride in their work. You may jump over to BMW or Merc, and not have a single issue. Just like some have gotten into their X's and not run into the problems you have. And common or not, I doubt the people I posted take comfort in knowing "most" other same models were just fine.

Yeah never a guarantee with any vehicle. I was pretty peeved when they gave me a dirty Model Y as a loaner with interior filled with leaves and someone else's prescription pills in the center console....

I've gotten loaners at many other dealerships before, but Tesla really needs to do better here.

Yeah never a guarantee with any vehicle. I was pretty peeved when they gave me a dirty Model Y as a loaner with interior filled with leaves and someone else's prescription pills in the center console....

I've gotten loaners at many other dealerships before, but Tesla really needs to do better here.

I agree with you. One Model S demo that I got for a test drive was actually a loaner that didn't get washed for many months(white interior) and the interior is beat up.