Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t ask for an inventory car. So it’s possible someone at my delivery location canceled and I was next with that config. This is my 3rd X and 3 weeks from order date is unheard of.

I have a 7-seater on order as well and had a similar experience; ordered around the same day in November and also got assigned a vin within a couple of weeks. My vin was a 421 so I think may have been a cancel or reject, but they did just seem to come out with more 7-seaters in the past week, so maybe some folks ordered before realizing the tax break wouldn't apply to their order.

I put mine on vacation hold and am torn whether to take it or try to wait in case the price drops again before year end (unlikely I suppose to be able to get a 7-seater for <80k, and not sure when they'll let us transfer FUSC again).

I have a 7-seater on order as well and had a similar experience; ordered around the same day in November and also got assigned a vin within a couple of weeks. My vin was a 421 so I think may have been a cancel or reject, but they did just seem to come out with more 7-seaters in the past week, so maybe some folks ordered before realizing the tax break wouldn't apply to their order.

I put mine on vacation hold and am torn whether to take it or try to wait in case the price drops again before year end (unlikely I suppose to be able to get a 7-seater for <80k, and not sure when they'll let us transfer FUSC again).
I’m only doing this for the FUSC transfer and we really like our family/dog hauler to have 7 seats so it was an easy choice for us. FSD transfer wasn’t even worth it since we get $4-5k in gas savings a year from CA crazy utility prices

Reactions: nicedrum
I just spent an hour with Tesla getting this sorted out. They needed me to resign the transfer agreement and then have another team update my purchase agreement to reflect the change before I could send this to my lender for payment release
Glad to hear (they’re trying to sort it out now). They won’t do a thing to help after the deal is done; they’re quite good at following the rules after the fact.

where did you hear this from. I was told the opposite. That I could only take the loyalty credit and not the referral credit. I signed a FUSC agreement document that had no reference to any credit requirement or limitations.
One of the conditions has to do with discounts. Loyalty bonus is considered as such. Some of our members here have succeeded in getting the transfer; all saw the $250 removed.

Thanks so much for doing these. Fun to see what's going on.

What is that one area that looks like a trash heap of twisted vehicle frames?
Oh, it is not me taking the videos. I am just posting the links on here so we can all hope and wait in anticipation together.

The trash heap looks to be vehicles/parts that did not pass QC in various stages of production. There was a partial Cybertruck a few weeks ago in the pile.

• Informative
Reactions: Saxman
Argh failed delivery,
I fount out that one of the FWD roof window was replaced and installed incorrectly . It was about 1/8 of an inch off towards front and was not flushed

FedChoice already funded the account , what happened until Tesla assigns me a new VIN

Picked up the new X. Left them my old one. What a difference. Car was probably just fine for most, I had them fix 3-4 small scratches. Nothing major. Now a laundry list of work and it won't be outside again for days!

I am... very happy with the car so far. Someone remind me of that when the payment comes due, but so far so good.

1700864397731.png

Picked up the new X. Left them my old one. What a difference. Car was probably just fine for most, I had them fix 3-4 small scratches. Nothing major. Now a laundry list of work and it won't be outside again for days!

I am... very happy with the car so far. Someone remind me of that when the payment comes due, but so far so good.

View attachment 993574
What work will you do / have done to it?

View attachment 993574
Color? If SG can you post some pics?

What work will you do / have done to it?
ohh man.. (all myself)

wash it, by hand. I built a RO/DI system at home years ago. ZERO TDS.
Then I used a clay bar on the areas I plan to PPF (I'd like to do whole car, but it's 45 out)
Then rinsed that off, then meguiars dual action correction compound, followed by their finishing wax (just in PPF areas). I'd do the whole car, but I'm only one man! (I'll do whole car in sections this spring).
Then it has to sit overnight in a heated garage so I can apply the PPF. I'll use the detailer spray and new cloth, then do the side flares, then front bumper, then finally hood.

Also on the todo list is RAIN-X for the windows/rear/mirrors. (NOT the windshield has it's caused wiper issues for me before).

Mud flaps are on. Floor mats and real key fob ordered.
my 2019, the rockers and rear wheel flares looked sand-blasted. so they went on first on the new one.

I'm hungry and need a shower.

1700865389500.png1700865424170.png1700865460930.png
Once it's done I'll get more photos / etc of the Razorback

thanks to all who waited with me! this is a HUGE step up from my 2019.
Dare I say, this FEELS like a $80k car.

Last edited:
ohh man.. (all myself)

wash it, by hand. I built a RO/DI system at home years ago. ZERO TDS.
Then I used a clay bar on the areas I plan to PPF (I'd like to do whole car, but it's 45 out)
Then rinsed that off, then meguiars dual action correction compound, followed by their finishing wax (just in PPF areas). I'd do the whole car, but I'm only one man! (I'll do whole car in sections this spring).
Then it has to sit overnight in a heated garage so I can apply the PPF. I'll use the detailer spray and new cloth, then do the side flares, then front bumper, then finally hood.

Also on the todo list is RAIN-X for the windows/rear/mirrors. (NOT the windshield has it's caused wiper issues for me before).

Mud flaps are on. Floor mats and real key fob ordered.
my 2019, the rockers and rear wheel flares looked sand-blasted. so they went on first on the new one.

I'm hungry and need a shower.

View attachment 993578View attachment 993579View attachment 993580
Once it's done I'll get more photos / etc of the Razorback

thanks to all who waited with me! this is a HUGE step up from my 2019.
Dare I say, this FEELS like a $80k car.
That’s an impressive to-do list. Love to see in-progress pictures as well if you don’t mind sharing.

I think the X delivers the lowest margin if any to Tesla (not counting the CT)…and one no other manufacturer can make. With the X, I believe we get a lot more car than the money paid; for me, it’ll amount to ~$67.5K after federal and state credits. With FUSC to boot, I think the price is more than right.