Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you find it the window had been replaced?
When I was inspecting the car, I saw the corner of the window seal on the roof was little bit bumpy
Then the essay took it to their pre delivery center to take care of couple things like a small panel misalignment, which I was amazed. actually did a good job and completely aligned the front quarter.
Any case sales rep said, the bump was due to the glue settling as apparently they replaced that glass due to scratch or maybe a crack .
Sad thing was besides the glass. Everything was almost perfect.

ohh man.. (all myself)

wash it, by hand. I built a RO/DI system at home years ago. ZERO TDS.
Then I used a clay bar on the areas I plan to PPF (I'd like to do whole car, but it's 45 out)
Then rinsed that off, then meguiars dual action correction compound, followed by their finishing wax (just in PPF areas). I'd do the whole car, but I'm only one man! (I'll do whole car in sections this spring).
Then it has to sit overnight in a heated garage so I can apply the PPF. I'll use the detailer spray and new cloth, then do the side flares, then front bumper, then finally hood.

Also on the todo list is RAIN-X for the windows/rear/mirrors. (NOT the windshield has it's caused wiper issues for me before).

Mud flaps are on. Floor mats and real key fob ordered.
my 2019, the rockers and rear wheel flares looked sand-blasted. so they went on first on the new one.

I'm hungry and need a shower.

View attachment 993578View attachment 993579View attachment 993580
Once it's done I'll get more photos / etc of the Razorback

thanks to all who waited with me! this is a HUGE step up from my 2019.
Dare I say, this FEELS like a $80k car.
Link to those flaps

@dmk712 @domonas
I was just quoted for my 2016 MX & wife's 2021 Cadillac XT5, from SAFECO, $3000 12 months! It started at $2200 in 2021, then $2550 in 2022, and now $3000 for December 2023-2024...without ever filing a claim.

I'm afraid to see what will happen when I switch from 2016 MX to 2023???????
You gotta shop around every few years, every insurance is like that, you can count on 10% per year , then switch after 2-3 years

Reactions: Saxman
@dmk712 @domonas
I was just quoted for my 2016 MX & wife's 2021 Cadillac XT5, from SAFECO, $3000 12 months! It started at $2200 in 2021, then $2550 in 2022, and now $3000 for December 2023-2024...without ever filing a claim.

I'm afraid to see what will happen when I switch from 2016 MX to 2023???????

If you're not filing claims much or can afford the occasional deductible on a claim, I would suggest maximizing the deductible. I think mine is $2000 or something rather high, but I'm insuring against large losses, and don't mind chipping in a little if it happens.

We're planning on selling an older Tesla and an older vehicle, and getting a 2023, and the insurance will actually be going down a little bit. So about $300 extra on top of the existing 2016 Tesla, if we weren't also dropping the older vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: Saxman
Just in case Tesla would not deliver to me in time before the end of the year, I went to test drive an Audi Q8 Sport Back e-Tron today and was impressed with the fit and finish but disappointed with the power and pickup. Also there were too many menu buttons and stuff going on with the three small screens. I have gotten used to the minimalist design of the Tesla.

Tesla must have been tracking my Model Y at the Audi dealer because a few hours later we got our VIN assigned!

Here is the history:

MXLR (Tax Edition) - Black/Black/5 Seater/Steering Wheel/20" Wheels
No FSD, No FSD Transfer, No Supercharging Transfer
Ordered through Sales Person: 9/27
Initial EDD: Nov - Dec
EDD Update 10/10: Nov 29 - Jan 24
EDD Update 10/22: Nov 26 - Jan 7
EDD Update 11/13: Nov 29 - Jan 3
VIN Assigned: 11/25
VIN Year: 2023 (PF424)
Pick Up Date: TBD

Just in case Tesla would not deliver to me in time before the end of the year, I went to test drive an Audi Q8 Sport Back e-Tron today and was impressed with the fit and finish but disappointed with the power and pickup. Also there were too many menu buttons and stuff going on with the three small screens. I have gotten used to the minimalist design of the Tesla.

Tesla must have been tracking my Model Y at the Audi dealer because a few hours later we got our VIN assigned!

Here is the history:

MXLR (Tax Edition) - Black/Black/5 Seater/Steering Wheel/20" Wheels
No FSD, No FSD Transfer, No Supercharging Transfer
Ordered through Sales Person: 9/27
Initial EDD: Nov - Dec
EDD Update 10/10: Nov 29 - Jan 24
EDD Update 10/22: Nov 26 - Jan 7
EDD Update 11/13: Nov 29 - Jan 3
VIN Assigned: 11/25
VIN Year: 2023 (PF424)
Pick Up Date: TBD
@davenlei
Congrats! You are 2 days short of the 60+/- VIN Club. My OD was 9/30. I'm going to test drive an Audi Q8 e-Tron on Monday :) 👌🤞

Reactions: davenlei