Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice car. I'm a latecomer with a 2024 EDD so I'm still able to edit; can't decide between blue and the ultra red. Is the red that dark? I like the more Burgundy red tones. I really like the cherry red in German builds. I'm generally an under the radar gal. My Y which I just sold was a MSM.
I ordered the red. It's not quite that dark in person and also not a cherry red. Kind of hard to describe with words but I would say it's some meld of red with a hint of orange and a metallic glimmer that slightly shifts with angle.
I never thought I would order a red car but the color was so beautiful i could not resist...

Reactions: eeee-meeee
It changes with the light. Much darker than the Y red when there's less light around.

Mine is starting to do the 1-day dance

9/19 OD; Blue/Black MXP 20 SoCal
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2 9/27: Nov 8-Dec 20
EDD3 11/7: Nov 22-Dec 27
EDD4 11/21: Nov 27-Dec 18
EDD5 11/28: Nov 30-Dec 21
EDD6 12/1: Dec 1-Dec 21
Welcome to the party pal ;).

9/17 MXP bay area. Been dancing for a week after a short dance early November. About the same dates as you currently.

Reactions: Daniel L
Stopped by my local service center to talk with a SA on my VIN. They tracked it to its current location in Charlotte, NC as of yesterday. Said I should expect an update around the 3rd or 4th to schedule delivery.

Online EDD still shows 12/1 - 12/10.
@Visvism
Did you mean you asked SA... when you will get a VIN, or status of you delivery based on the VIN you were already assigned?

Nice car. I'm a latecomer with a 2024 EDD so I'm still able to edit; can't decide between blue and the ultra red. Is the red that dark? I like the more Burgundy red tones. I really like the cherry red in German builds. I'm generally an under the radar gal. My Y which I just sold was a MSM.
It was an overcast day so that may have played a role in how dark it looks?!? But it's not a "bright" red in my opinion regardless of lighting. Probably the darkest red I've owned, and I too have had red German cars.

My Brilliant Red Audi
48806036748_26a25b8437_b.jpg

My Red Jetta TDI Sportswagen
ajK7CXG.jpg

Red BMW 328d
JGZVzy0h.jpg

The BMW is probably closest in color to my MX.

@Visvism
Did you mean you asked SA... when you will get a VIN, or status of you delivery based on the VIN you were already assigned?
Status of my delivery based on the VIN I was assigned. They plugged the VIN in and it showed where it was currently at on a map based on last GPS coordinates. Kind of cool how much details they could pull up on my order. It's likely that the truck with my car will arrive to the service center this weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: Saxman
It was an overcast day so that may have played a role in how dark it looks?!? But it's not a "bright" red in my opinion regardless of lighting. Probably the darkest red I've owned, and I too have had red German cars.

My Brilliant Red Audi
48806036748_26a25b8437_b.jpg

My Red Jetta TDI Sportswagen
ajK7CXG.jpg

Red BMW 328d
JGZVzy0h.jpg

The BMW is probably closest in color to my MX.
So I'm guessing red is your favorite color for cars?

Hey All. I have not forgotten about you all even though I picked up my X already and enjoying it every minute I get to drive it.

Here is the latest Fremont Factory flyover from the person that lives up in NorCal. Looks like the X/S staging area is sparse this week with a lot of dark colored cars. Probably due to Thanksgiving....

Fremont Flyover 11/30/24
Nice to see that they take the cars for a test run! But yes very sparse staging area compared to the last flyover posted! (Red looks nice from high above!)

@Daniel L
Any clue as to what that "dance" is all about? My 9/30 OD has had only 3 updates and the last one was maybe 10 days ago.

Are you still waiting for your VIN?
It'll start the dance as your window tightens. I'm not sure why it does it on their end but it was like this with my previous orders too and I got my VIN when my window tightened to about 2 weeks (this is geographic dependent)

Still waiting on VIN

• Informative
Reactions: Saxman
Hi All,

My pickup is tomorrow morning and FedChoice has not wired the loan amount to Tesla yet. How to get this sorted out?

I uploaded signed mvpa (8th page) and payment instructions doc. Anything else needed?

Appreciate any inputs.
I too was trying to frantically get a hold of them the morning of my delivery, and I had sent them a message through their secure mail page and they had sent the wire first thing in the morning before getting back to me. Also, call them if you haven’t, they were very responsive on the phone. They also sent me a screenshot of the confirmation info for the wire that Tesla needed, albeit a bit later in the day as apparently they didn’t have it right away. Had to move my appointment from 12pm to 5:15pm and spent over 2 hours during delivery to get things sorted out, but made it in the end!

Reactions: Fight_Club
I too was trying to frantically get a hold of them the morning of my delivery, and I had sent them a message through their secure mail page and they had sent the wire first thing in the morning before getting back to me. Also, call them if you haven’t, they were very responsive on the phone. They also sent me a screenshot of the confirmation info for the wire that Tesla needed, albeit a bit later in the day as apparently they didn’t have it right away. Had to move my appointment from 12pm to 5:15pm and spent over 2 hours during delivery to get things sorted out, but made it in the end!
My delivery was out of town and I flew out with the plan of driving back same night. Delivery was scheduled for 6pm and although FedChoice sent the proof that they had wired he funds in the morning, Tesla claimed they hadn't received it, and I was forced into getting a hotel to stay overnight. After checking into the hotel right after Tesla closed for the day, status in the app changed to show that Tesla had received the funds.

It was a nasty experience for me, and they almost made it seem like I was trying to swindle them out of a car without paying for it when I showed them proof that FedChoice had wired the funds. Of course, they gave me a half-assed apology the following morning, and I made sure my survey reflected my experience.

Last edited: