Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love Tuxmats. Had them in my Telluride and after two years they still looked new. I already purchased them for my Model X..

Which is actually scheduled to be delivered to the Tesla center on the 8th IF everything goes as planned. 😬😬 I'm excited and nervous. Hoping quality is good since we have an almost 4 hour drive to go pick it up and would hate to come empty handed.

What other accessories have you purchased for your MX that I need to order? 😂
I ordered the ceramic coating stuff from Amazon.
Neck pillows and armrest cover.
View attachment 996294
Bought front and rear screen protectors. I don't like the matte look on the screen so I just got clear/glossy and looks great. Can't even tell there are screen protectors on there.

I know the accessories are so off topic for this thread but it is research/shopping therapy for everyone anxiously waiting for their X to be delivered.

Front:

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR EZ FIT] Designed for Tesla Model S (2021,2022,2023,2024) / Tesla Model X (2021,2022,2023,2024) 17 inch Dashboard Touchscreen - Crystal Clear​

Rear:

HATUFU Rear Screen Protector for 2024 2023 2022 Tesla Model X/S (9.4 Inch) Tempered Glass Touch Display Screen Accessories Anti-Scratch High Clear Shock Resistant​

Do you have a link to these items? I can see I have negative camber in the back and need to add these.

Reactions: davenlei
I had to ask my SA to change it. He initially sent me a link, came from Tesla but still didn't work.) (BTW, when I bought my Y, I did it online, and when I needed help, had to text random Tesla number , but this time I went to a local show room and found a SA to order my X and he's been my go to guy!)
same for me, i actually just released my hold and now my app doesn't even show an EDD - the number I've been texting is absolutely useless and keeps saying I'll get an EDD only after a VIN has been assigned.

Reactions: SistaBigBones
thank you! this was so helpful! what was your new EDD after the hold? like 2 weeks out? 1 week? I just want to be prepared for it
First when to the generic Dec-Jan and then a week or so after that I got a date range that was like a month away. Basically once you go off hold, you return to your previous position in line I think (you don't go back to the end of the cue).

after releasing from 10 day hold, my edd shifter +1week from original edd. And i got VIN on the first date of new EDD. (released on 11/14, vin on 12/1)
So your EDD prior to going on hold on 11/4 was showing around 11/24 but once you removed your hold on the 14th the EDD eventually updated to 12/1. Which is the same day you were VIN’d.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Same thing happened to my Model X order(Placed on 10/10 and EDD Dec 13-Jan 14). It began after the Cybertruck delivery event and I still cannot access the manage order page today. It sends me back to the same page everytime I click on "Manage".

I hope it's because Tesla is adding something like ambient light/front bumper camera to keep up with Cybertruck :p
Yeah - I can’t get to the manage order page either - I get a too many redirects error eventually - today I tried it again hoping they had figured out the issue and got redirected to the login screen - and then after re-logging in - got the too many redirects. Browser choice does not seem to matter; incognito mode doesn’t help either.

So your EDD prior to going on hold on 11/4 was showing around 11/24 but once you removed your hold on the 14th the EDD eventually updated to 12/1. Which is the same day you were VIN’d.

Am I understanding that correctly?

~yes

my edd was - 11/27 - 01/08
then i got randomly assigned vin(pf417) on 11/06, i was out of country for 2 weeks
i released it and put on hold until 11/14
got off hold and new edd was 12/1-1/5
then on 12/1 i got new vin (pf426)

• Informative
Reactions: Visvism
I have same thing since late last week. And I'm supposed to be getting car in Jan - feb
interesting its happened to a few
Yeah - I can’t get to the manage order page either - I get a too many redirects error eventually - today I tried it again hoping they had figured out the issue and got redirected to the login screen - and then after re-logging in - got the too many redirects. Browser choice does not seem to matter; incognito mode doesn’t help either.
yes I rebooted my computer and cleared out the cache and everything I could think of! kept getting the too many redirect error. I was changing my color so I was like oooooh is it fate? I am meant to drive the ultra red? (Good to know it wasn't a sign from above and rather just a technical glitch!

Hello, my MX is finally here. But one issue.. the delivery got pulled in earlier to this afternoon, but my Tesla insurance policy was purchased and set to start on my original delivery date, which starts at a later date. Does this need to be resolved before delivery this afternoon? Tesla insurance call wait time is over an hour..

Hello, my MX is finally here. But one issue.. the delivery got pulled in earlier to this afternoon, but my Tesla insurance policy was purchased and set to start on my original delivery date, which starts at a later date. Does this need to be resolved before delivery this afternoon? Tesla insurance call wait time is over an hour..
Yes. Your insurance has to be resolved BEFORE you take delivery. Last century my Dad was an insurance agent. As a kid I would go with him to car dealerships so he could write a "binder" insuring the car before they would drive it off the lot. Today most people with car insurance are automatically covered if they are buying a replacement vehicle (at least in California). But you need to be insured one way or the other before you take possession.

Yes. Your insurance has to be resolved BEFORE you take delivery. Last century my Dad was an insurance agent. As a kid I would go with him to car dealerships so he could write a "binder" insuring the car before they would drive it off the lot. Today most people with car insurance are automatically covered if they are buying a replacement vehicle (at least in California). But you need to be insured one way or the other before you take possession.
It would have been nice if the Tesla app allowed the policy start date change to today's date when their delivery date is pulled in the day of, instead of having you call to be on hold for hours.. No other options are available to make the change that is effective on today's date, other than calling them.. Hopefully someone picks up the call soon..🤞

It would have been nice if the Tesla app allowed the policy start date change to today's date when their delivery date is pulled in the day of, instead of having you call to be on hold for hours.. No other options are available to make the change that is effective on today's date, other than calling them.. Hopefully someone picks up the call soon..🤞
As long as you have insurance, you have 30 days (in CA) to add your new vehicle to your existing policy. No need to have it reflect the new VIN at time of pickup, just provide proof of your existing insurance policy.

Reactions: falconwing_MX