Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! Since you are on the east coast, yours takes several days to make it to your destination and maybe the reason why your VIN is in the 7's?
Either way, I would not stress about it. The worst I have seen is some trim lifting issues which is actually a very easy fix. Just check to make sure the things that would bother you is good (for me it is the door 'handles' lining up and the FWD/Rear Hatch lining up to look right from behind and the operation of the FWD's working good. Nothing is ever perfect. Even my well built BMW with perfect gaps had major problems. The body looked perfect but the electrical system was a nightmare.
Regarding your comment on the BMW that “looks” to be well built, apparently it’s all about looks all of a sudden. Horse buggy builders would do well in this modern time.

At what point do you pass? Once they give you the delivery date window or when you get VIN'd. Also is a hold for a few days an option once I get my actual delivery date? I will also will be on vacation during most of the EDD window.
The updated EDD range came at the same time I saw the VIN. Falling within my planned vacation dates, I replied to the text within the app. and got the hold the next day. Although it expires in 2 weeks, we’re given the option to release the hold at any time.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Regarding your comment on the BMW that “looks” to be well built, apparently it’s all about looks all of a sudden. Horse buggy builders would do well in this modern time.
Not quite sure what that means or the inference. I was just stating that cosmetic things can be pretty minor and systems in a car can be pretty problematic so not to worry too much. I was using my experience with a BMW I had. The cosmetics looked great but the electrical system was a constant source of trouble.

Dang I ordered thinking to transfer my free supercharging. Sales guy said as long as it was in a window of Dec 23 when I ordered I should get it but going through this thread people who have ordered in Sep/Oct are still waiting 😥 thats a real bummer. Fwiw if I can't get it 12/31 and transfer the free supercharging I might just wait to see if they refresh it next fall hopefully putting back the USS, we are already 3rd year of the refresh cycle.

Can anyone recommend good rubber floor mats? I'm not interested in liners that go all the way up, or plasticy stuff. I just want standard rubber mats that most OEMs sell at the dealer.
I bought the Tesla ones for $350 or whatever it was. They feel good to me, wife got them for her Y too. Feels more like rubber than plastic to me. but not like a tire. somewhat between the two, but more on the rubber side.

What does this mean? You can't exceed 80k on price? I assume because you're claiming the 7500 for personal order (business orders don't have cap)
Correct, base X is at $79,990 (must be less than $80k) so you can't add any options like interior color or seating to stay qualified..... Luckily all colors are still "free" as well.

Destination fees do not count towards MSRP, and also inventory or Demo deals do not qualify if the original MSRP was above $80k.

There are also income limits in place as well that many will not meet... Plaid order folks more likely.

Attachments

• Tesla IRS 9.5.23.jpg
    Tesla IRS 9.5.23.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: _panda
Dang I ordered thinking to transfer my free supercharging. Sales guy said as long as it was in a window of Dec 23 when I ordered I should get it but going through this thread people who have ordered in Sep/Oct are still waiting 😥 thats a real bummer. Fwiw if I can't get it 12/31 and transfer the free supercharging I might just wait to see if they refresh it next fall hopefully putting back the USS, we are already 3rd year of the refresh cycle.
You should check but Since you have a time frame with December included, I think you qualify. Take a screen shot of that date range and your reservation number in it though for proof!

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
seems lot of last minute vehicles are showing up occasionally, keep checking the local inventory. Sometimes you might be able to get your 2nd color choice, or similar to get it right away. Also there might be influx of cars for people that cant pickup during holidays. I would say you have good chance to get a car

• Love
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24