Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You got to remember that Tesla ain't making much money (as a percentage of their entire revenue) on the S/X. They have the S/X sharing a production line, as long as that production line can be 100% busy, that's all that they care about.

That's what people said when the price was $120k. What are they going to do with the surplus inventory? They will sell it, as Elon has said, so hold your horses. Currently the Tax and FSD transfer edition is the major selling point. Those will dry out soon and they will need to pull more demand levers.

Reactions: Bob2C
That's what people said when the price was $120k. What are they going to do with the surplus inventory? They will sell it, as Elon has said, so hold your horses. Currently the Tax and FSD transfer edition is the major selling point. Those will dry out soon and they will need to pull more demand levers.
The price isn't going down to 70k until the next refresh is imminent and they need to move old inventory.

Ordered on 10/25 MXLR in white, poor man’s edition and changed it to SG on 10/30.

Original EDD was November - December
EDD 2 December - January
EDD 3 December 28 - February 22 (11/8)
*Now have a documents tab*
EDD 4 December 24 - February 4 (11/21)
Changed from Tesla financing to FedChoice - 5.14% (12/7)

EDD 5 December 22 - January 26 (12/11)

Now I’ll have to wait till I get my back surgery so I’m not in a hurry like I used to be. I was annoying try to get the wife to agree since the ride was much smoother for me on the X vs S. Now with the CT reservations are open, wife suggested I get the CT instead, her reasoning was at least I’d be okay from any impact standpoint.
We got a CT Foundation series invite last week. Still unsure if we want to caugh up the 100k for much lesser range and fluff we don't need. The standard editions will come much later, perhaps starting months from now.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
We got a CT Foundation series invite last week. Still unsure if we want to caugh up the 100k for much lesser range and fluff we don't need. The standard editions will come much later, perhaps starting months from now.
Would you mind sharing what you consider to be fluff? There must have been recognized design trade-offs as well as consequences to “more range” that the team had to negotiate. As I don’t value “range” above ~320 miles much (a nice-to-have for sure as I never thought about range at all the entire time I owned ICE vehicles), I’m glad the AWD CT wasn’t designed to meet needs of outliers; I would stand to gain all these other features in its place. Total ownership experience and design toward efficiency remain the theme. If the name of the game is simply “large battery”, you’d do better looking elsewhere.

Just curious: Were you also waving the flag of larger hard drive that Sandisk MP3 had over that of the iPod and more RAM with HTC smartphone over that of the iPhone?

Would you mind sharing what you consider to be fluff? There must have been recognized design trade-offs as well as consequences to “more range” that the team had to negotiate. As I don’t value “range” above ~320 miles much (a nice-to-have for sure as I never thought about range at all the entire time I owned ICE vehicles), I’m glad the AWD CT wasn’t designed to meet needs of outliers; I would stand to gain all these other features in its place. Total ownership experience and design toward efficiency remain the theme. If the name of the game is simply “large battery”, you’d do better looking elsewhere.

Just curious: Were you also waving the flag of larger hard drive that Sandisk MP3 had over that of the iPod and more RAM with HTC smartphone over that of the iPhone?
Tesla Foundation series includes:

$295 1. All-Weather interior liners
$115 2. glass roof sunshade
$40 3. Center console tray
$45 4. Gear locker dividers
$40 5. Vault D-rings
$25 6. L-track hooks
$25 7. L-track bottle opener
$1,000 8. White decor (current Tesla upcharge from black to white interior)
$600 9. Powershare charger
$1,000 10. Powershare/Powerwall v3 gateway plus installation up to $4,000
$3,000 11. 20 inch Cyberwheels with 35 inch tires (based on Rivian upcharge and cost of one Cyberwheel spare $1,200)
$7,000 12. FSD if configured on order
$1,000 13. Lifetime premium connectivity ($100 per year)
-------------------------------------------------------------
$14,185 plus Powershare gateway installation - up to $4,000

All good points and it might be the perfect vehicle for you. I on the other hand made a reservation in 2019 for a Tri with 500 mile range and 14K towing capacity in order to replace my business truck and RV tow vehicle and or motorhome.
Now fast forward to 2023 : all this came with a substantial price hike AND lower towing and range and IF you want a higher range add another 16K but don't expect it before end of 2024.
As some other poster pointed out to me in another forum whining won't get you anywhere. So i will probably pass on my FS invite and be hopeful the larger battery will someday be available. But I am still excited that the CT is finally out

Reactions: Operator
$40 5. Vault D-rings
$25 6. L-track hooks
They probably supply at least 2 sets of those. (Not that it makes much difference.)

$1,000 10. Powershare/Powerwall v3 gateway plus installation up to $4,000
You only value it at $1,000, when it includes $4,000 of installation labor? It will probably be a $6,000 option. (The V3 Gateway is going to cost more than the V1/V2 did since it has an auto-transformer inside that the old versions do not.)

How did you manage that, did you have a reservation? I just wary or the 12k FSD included but yet not fully functional. I was hoping for the 20k foundation version they would throw in the extended range battery option vs FSD. FSD is software, but to me the hardware is worth more.

yeah, but ~320 miles when not towing will be ~160 when towing, which is for most not enough. This is main reason people wanted 500, so they get to 250 when towing.

yeah, but ~320 miles when not towing will be ~160 when towing, which is for most not enough. This is main reason people wanted 500, so they get to 250 when towing.
Actually 320 miles when not towing will be @250 real world. Except that is assuming you actually start at 100% charge and go to 0%. In reality you will rarely go below 20% so subtract the last 50 miles, gives you @200 miles real world usable range or less since you also rarely start off at 100%.

Actually 320 miles when not towing will be @250 real world. Except that is assuming you actually start at 100% charge and go to 0%. In reality you will rarely go below 20% so subtract the last 50 miles, gives you @200 miles real world usable range or less since you also rarely start off at 100%.
true, forgot that you only charge up to 80% (per Tesla recommendation).