Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'd like to hear more about deliveries: Tax editions vs. non tax editions. Getting worried our MXLR SG poverty won't come in in time. ordered 10/20
Deliveries? I thought this turned into a FB Rants & Raves page. I’d like to see more about deliveries as well.

MXLR SG poverty edition ordered 10/18 in East Bay, CA. Current EDD (12/10) Dec 17-Jan 7.

Deliveries? I thought this turned into a FB Rants & Raves page. I’d like to see more about deliveries as well.

MXLR SG poverty edition ordered 10/18 in East Bay, CA. Current EDD (12/10) Dec 17-Jan 7.
I ordered on 10/20 and got exact same delivery window on 12/10. I ordered MXP, SG, 20 inch, steering wheel in Oregon. My advisor said they would prioritize FUSC deliveries at quarter end, but that was way back when I ordered.

Reactions: Szzz and EvoL
Sorry I don't want to distract this thread from deliveries topic but for those of who took deliveries in past week or this week, does FSD work out of the box after initial camera calibration if you chose to buy it or are getting the trial? I self referred myself so I'm getting 3 months of FSD but not sure how they do the FSD enrollment these days. I'd to had to wait 5 years to get FSD on my 2017 MX :rolleyes: (2years after I paid for the upgrade) so was curious. I can take it to a separate thread if its distracting 🙏

Sorry I don't want to distract this thread from deliveries topic but for those of who took deliveries in past week or this week, does FSD work out of the box after initial camera calibration if you chose to buy it or are getting the trial? I self referred myself so I'm getting 3 months of FSD but not sure how they do the FSD enrollment these days. I'd to had to wait 5 years to get FSD on my 2017 MX :rolleyes: (2years after I paid for the upgrade) so was curious. I can take it to a separate thread if its distracting 🙏
@tezlaMXRed2017
I can't definitely answer you question since I haven't taken delivery on my MXLR yet. I also have a 2016 MX that has been on FSD BETA since December 2021. However, my understanding is that the current FSD BETA software is for HW3 and not compatible with the HW4 on our new 2023 models.

I hope I'm wrong but don't think so.

Thoughts?

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
@tezlaMXRed2017
I can't definitely answer you question since I haven't taken delivery on my MXLR yet. I also have a 2016 MX that has been on FSD BETA since December 2021. However, my understanding is that the current FSD BETA software is for HW3 and not compatible with the HW4 on our new 2023 models.

I hope I'm wrong but don't think so.

Thoughts?
eh? I'm confused. I've been watching few FSD Beta review YT videos which claim it works for HW4 now, like this one here:
and
. Also aren't all MS/MX refreshes since 2021 HW4? May be thats an incorrect assumption.

My 2023 MX is HW4. I have taken delivery two weeks ago and also self referred so I have three months of free FSD. After the camera self calibrates in the first several miles then you need to go into the menus and select the FSD option and agree to the Beta limitation of liability, etc. Once you do that, it is active and useable.
I have used it several times and I have to be honest, they still have a ways to go before you can set it and forget it. Don't get me wrong, it is amazing how it can drive, make turns and take you where you want to go. When passing bicyclists on the shoulder, the car scoots farther to the left to give max room to the cyclist and shifts back to the middle of the lane after passing.
Now if it has to deal with somewhat unique scenarios such as a right turn into a road with two lanes that merge into one 30-40 feet from the intersection, it sometimes decides to turn and maintain the inner lane in the turn and sometimes it turns into the outer lane. Going into my neighborhood there is a fairly sharp 'S' turn and the car tries to cut the 'S' too tight and scares me that it will curb the back wheel. Another scenario where I had to take control is where there was construction and cones blocking a lane so you are diverted from two lanes to one. Approaching the intersection, the cones split to allow you to take a path left or right and the car got confused and slowed down and the wheel started twitching as if it was second guessing itself over and over on which way to go. When driving on the freeway, it self drives and changes lanes fantastically. Driving in well defined roads with typical patterns, it does great.

eh? I'm confused. I've been watching few FSD Beta review YT videos which claim it works for HW4 now, like this one here: Also aren't all MS/MX refreshes since 2021 HW4? May be thats an incorrect assumption.
I took delivery of a MX yesterday evening. During the 20 min drive home the cameras calibrated. The 3 month FSD trial starts when you take delivery. I was able to enable FSD this morning and it works surprisingly well in normal well marked driving situations.

HW4 came on the S/X around March of this year.

Tesla's FSD TRANSFER PROMO was the incentive that got me to pull the trigger and order my 2023 MXLR.

For those of you who have already taken deliveries and also transferred your FSD, how do you know when FSD has been TRANSFERRED rather than the 3 month FSD TRIAL?
on my MX, there's an expiration date listed for the FSD trial feature. Maybe the the folks who transferred FSD has no date?

This explains the hold on deliveries from last week 🤷‍♂️
just saw this as well and posted in the "Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?" chat

This explains the hold on deliveries from last week 🤷‍♂️
ugh!! Canceling my order, selling my stock before it crashes!! It’s over for Tesla! Oh wait it’s an over the air recall fix. I’m good. (Feel like a mix between a “Tesla time news” skit and the Dr Pepper first play of the season commercial.) 😂😂

• Funny
just saw this as well and posted in the "Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?" chat

So basically these deadly crashes per the NHTSA are because Tesla was not being aggressive enough to be a nanny for people to pay attention to the car even though the user agreed to pay attention and was given warnings? Is that really a defect of the car or the person?

When I was using the auto drive feature in the Ford Expedition, it had no where near the monitoring or nanny reminders that Tesla has. My MX monitors my steering input as well as where my eyes are looking. The other day when I was using FSD on the open freeway I dropped something on the floor, when I was reaching down and looking down to pick up the item, the car gave me warnings and beeping and making a big fuss since I was not looking forward at that time. I still had my hand on the steering wheel.

So basically these deadly crashes per the NHTSA are because Tesla was not being aggressive enough to be a nanny for people to pay attention to the car even though the user agreed to pay attention and was given warnings? Is that really a defect of the car or the person?

When I was using the auto drive feature in the Ford Expedition, it had no where near the monitoring or nanny reminders that Tesla has. My MX monitors my steering input as well as where my eyes are looking. The other day when I was using FSD on the open freeway I dropped something on the floor, when I was reaching down and looking down to pick up the item, the car gave me warnings and beeping and making a big fuss since I was not looking forward at that time. I still had my hand on the steering wheel.

Autopilot will also disable for the rest of the trip if you don't keep your eyes on the road too as well. It definitely keeps people from looking at their phones while driving.

Yeah, my opinions of the Model X has definitely changed after several weeks of owning it. It does some things fairly well, like one pedal driving, but yet, does other things poorly- (definitely makes it harder to park than other large vehicles due to lack of cameras and a large A pillar with a sloped frunk that makes it hard to see where your hood ends. Also Tesla Vision still sucks pretty bad.) I'm coming to live with it. The initial excitement definitely has died down for sure.

I'm looking to replace those crappy Continental Tires for Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActives. The Michelin CrossClimate 2's seem to have no rim protector so they're off my list.

Another thing I wish the Model X has is 5G connectivity instead of the 4G LTE. Would make loading Spotify much faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmk712
When Tesla first released the auto pilot, there was this guy who sat in the back seat and made videos of him pretending to sleep while the car drove him to school or wherever with no one else in the car. I cringed every time and thought “this guy will be the reason Tesla will get a ton of crap or end up in a body bag.” Thankfully, the cops got to him first. Another idiot saved.