Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this happening on the 2nd week of December must be such a cluster for Tesla. Definitely puts a damper on new deliveries. We can all kiss the 2024 cars in December good bye. As a matter of fact, many can kiss the tax credit car good bye too. Unless Tesla provides an instant rebate if your car doesn’t get delivered by 12/31. Given the small volume for the S and X that seems unlikely.

When Tesla first released the auto pilot, there was this guy who sat in the back seat and made videos of him pretending to sleep while the car drove him to school or wherever with no one else in the car. I cringed every time and thought “this guy will be the reason Tesla will get a ton of crap or end up in a body bag.” Thankfully, the cops got to him first. Another idiot saved.

Yes, they finally arrested him. Seems to me that they confiscated his Tesla, but he bought another one.

Then there was the video on Twitter a few years ago that a couple were having sex in the back seat with AP engaged. Elon remarked something like, "well, it was bound to happen sooner or later".

Yes, they finally arrested him. Seems to me that they confiscated his Tesla, but he bought another one.

Then there was the video on Twitter a few years ago that a couple were having sex in the back seat with AP engaged. Elon remarked something like, "well, it was bound to happen sooner or later".
Wow, Just WOW lol. I guess the mile high club is old news....Now we have people chasing to get a membership to the "FSD Hoe In One. No L's needed" club.

Wonder if this is true and will it impact the other models as well in 2024….

1702490951642.png

"Notably, the Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD) and Long Range variants, priced at $38,990 and $45,990, qualify for the $7,500 IRA tax credit only until December 31, 2023. On January 1, 2024, the $7,500 disappears. The Model 3 Performance variant, starting at $50,990, remains eligible for the full credit, and at current prices, will be cheaper than the AWD variant."

"Notably, the Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD) and Long Range variants, priced at $38,990 and $45,990, qualify for the $7,500 IRA tax credit only until December 31, 2023. On January 1, 2024, the $7,500 disappears. The Model 3 Performance variant, starting at $50,990, remains eligible for the full credit, and at current prices, will be cheaper than the AWD variant."
Ah I wonder once the demand is gone for the RWD variant, will it also be dropped?

Ok, so I had created a service ticket for the minor issues I found for my X and here is the lowdown:

1) Chipped paint (that was touched up) on the top edge of the rear bumper (size of a sushi grain of rice) - He saw it and offered to repaint or order a new factory painted bumper and replace. He said their paint services there are very good but it will require removal of the bumper and of course either a respray or new bumper which some people may see as a negative. I told him that I am not interested in either of those options and I knew going in that those would probably be the only choices so it is soooo minor that we will just leave it alone.

2) Tiny ding in the leading edge of the passenger door (very minor and have to be at the right angle to see it) - He said his PDR guy can get that out easy and should not be any issues but did want me to understand the risk that any manipulation of the metal at the edge has a very small chance it could chip and require a respray of the door. I told him to leave it alone because I don't want to introduce that risk for something I don't see at all unless I bend down and look at that angle.

3) Depression of the long strip at the passenger side roof between the rear FWD and the back hatch which is exposing a small gap in the outer weatherstripping. - He said he sees it and they can work on it. It will require replacing the FWD top glass on that side and possibly the trip that goes across the top between the rear hatch and FWD. He said the gasket with the gap is more cosmetic and does not affect wind noise or watertightness (we had rain and no leakage so that looks to be true) since there are other gaskets with that job. I told him I don't want the FWD doors taken apart to replace the glass, etc. and honestly after two weeks the gap seems to be getting much smaller now that the parts are settling in. So I told him to skip that.

4) Small ticking noise from rear passenger side area when driving. - He admitted he hears it and can have it looked at.

So overall a good experience at the service center and he said I have a year to have them address any of those other issues I brought up under warranty and with no hassle since it was documented early and he confirmed he sees my concerns. Very happy he gave me all the info I needed to make an educated risk analysis so I could determine what I wanted to do.

Ok, so I had created a service ticket for the minor issues I found for my X and here is the lowdown:

1) Chipped paint (that was touched up) on the top edge of the rear bumper (size of a sushi grain of rice) - He saw it and offered to repaint or order a new factory painted bumper and replace. He said their paint services there are very good but it will require removal of the bumper and of course either a respray or new bumper which some people may see as a negative. I told him that I am not interested in either of those options and I knew going in that those would probably be the only choices so it is soooo minor that we will just leave it alone.

2) Tiny ding in the leading edge of the passenger door (very minor and have to be at the right angle to see it) - He said his PDR guy can get that out easy and should not be any issues but did want me to understand the risk that any manipulation of the metal at the edge has a very small chance it could chip and require a respray of the door. I told him to leave it alone because I don't want to introduce that risk for something I don't see at all unless I bend down and look at that angle.

3) Depression of the long strip at the passenger side roof between the rear FWD and the back hatch which is exposing a small gap in the outer weatherstripping. - He said he sees it and they can work on it. It will require replacing the FWD top glass on that side and possibly the trip that goes across the top between the rear hatch and FWD. He said the gasket with the gap is more cosmetic and does not affect wind noise or watertightness (we had rain and no leakage so that looks to be true) since there are other gaskets with that job. I told him I don't want the FWD doors taken apart to replace the glass, etc. and honestly after two weeks the gap seems to be getting much smaller now that the parts are settling in. So I told him to skip that.

4) Small ticking noise from rear passenger side area when driving. - He admitted he hears it and can have it looked at.

So overall a good experience at the service center and he said I have a year to have them address any of those other issues I brought up under warranty and with no hassle since it was documented early and he confirmed he sees my concerns. Very happy he gave me all the info I needed to make an educated risk analysis so I could determine what I wanted to do.
I have the same problem you mentioned 3rd. Thanks for sharing , I would not want anything to be done on FWD either . Maybe we can attach a narrow strip on to the rear hatch lip to underlay the strip on the Fwd

Reactions: davenlei
Ya, see? non tax editions get prioritized at the moment.
Yeah, it certainly feels that way. Makes sense from a business standpoint. Any option other than color means additional profit for Tesla. And those who are impulsive might grab an upgraded model from inventory instead of waiting. Unfortunately, it leaves those with “base” models feeling left out. I know that’s how I feel seeing all these inventory models with yoke and white or cream interiors popping up but still not receiving my VIN. This is my 4th Tesla, however, and played the same game with two others, whereas our first was an end of the quarter inventory grab.