Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MXP ordered 9/18 to be picked up 12/16. Finally!
Any recommendations for PPF/CC individual in the bay area?
Edit: Most likely to only do ceramic coating given cost
I've had two Tesla's done at OCDetailing.

Reactions: Potterton
Picking up my MXP Friday 🎉🎉🎉
@SOBX MX
How long after you got VIN were you able to schedule delivery?

I got my VIN December 9th and still no message to schedule delivery. I even had my SA determine that my vehicle was shipped to Denver by rail and is now in Denver.

Also my App says my trade in offer is still pending, but no offer yet.

My EDD got updated yesterday to December 16 to December 23...but nothing to schedule specific appointment as of now.

Reactions: WiseShepherd
@SOBX MX

I got my VIN December 9th and still no message to schedule delivery. I even had my SA determine that my vehicle was shipped to Denver by rail and is now in Denver.

My EDD got updated yesterday to December 16 to December 23...but nothing to schedule specific appointment as of now.
I'm in the same boat. Might be that they need to flash the new software before they can release the cars and so that is causing delays.

• Informative
Reactions: Saxman
@SOBX MX

Usually after transport it has to go to detailing. Depending on how many other deliveries are being detailed, it could take an additional 2-3 days. Once it’s back at the SC, you’ll get a text demanding you schedule delivery ASAP or they’re assigning it to someone else. 😂

• Informative
Reactions: Saxman
Is it even legal to manufacture a 2023 car after 12/31/23 lol
Yes. There is no law saying when you have to stop manufacturing a specific model year. The only law is when you can start a model year. The 2024 Model year could have started production as early as 1/2/2023 and can start as late as 12/31/2024. But they could skip the 2024 model year all together and start making 2025 models some time in 2024.

Personally, I think the whole model year stuff is stupid, and the year in the VIN should just be the year it was manufactured. (Like Tesla used to do, and may have started doing again.)

Like promised

Attachments

• 20231213_113444.jpg
    20231213_113444.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 25