Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my vin PF427. I am in AZ and wondering if I should reject this one due to there are PF429s and maybe it gets pushed to next year and I get a 2024? What are the risks of me doing this?
Unless 100% confirmed it qualifies, you risk losing at least partial tax rebate if the order is delivered in 2024. If you are buying it for business and want to leverage the bonus depreciation, you risk losing that for this years taxes.
You also risk losing a smile on your face before the end of the year when you drive it. ;)

Reactions: Saxman and msm859
Unless 100% confirmed it qualifies, you risk losing at least partial tax rebate if the order is delivered in 2024. If you are buying it for business and want to leverage the bonus depreciation, you risk losing that for this years taxes.
You also risk losing a smile on your face before the end of the year when you drive it. ;)
Got it. Now it’s time for the scramble with FedChoice to release funds for pickup tomorrow then.

A paid for CR-V and I ❤️ it, no payments, no worrying about door dings, curbing the rims, cheap insurance etc.... Mode X is awesome but the high payments, insurance and dealing with service, after 10 years I have had enough......for now anyway.
I hear ya, I'm more at peace driving my old gen 2 Prius or dinged up Volvo XC90.... Model Y ownership was fun but stressful, 2 separate dings, two separate not my fault "mini car scrape accidents" a little stressed about my stress levels driving the X...😣 ... hoping joy of x'ing outweighs the headaches...I go back and forth as my EDD approaches... (I guess even getting a pretty well priced LRM3 will be a pain? at least less $$$ out of the bank account)😕

Would I be able to buy the ambient lighting and camera after?
Depends on if Tesla provides a pathway for it like they did for the HEPA filter retrofit they did for older model 3/Y. The camera seems easier since the cars have HW4 which is compatible and 'may' have the wiring there in preparation. It would take installation with a bracket likely and software activation.
The ambient lighting for a retrofit I think is a pipe dream unless they provide a 'half solution'. The dash lighting would likely not be possible unless it is between the hard dash and the fabric/screen separation point with a new piece and new door wood trim inserts with the lighting (if wiring is already there) and of course software activation.

Personally I don't care about the ambient lighting but do care about the front bumper camera. I think Tesla should offer that at a minimum as a retrofit because it can be considered a safety device especially with the current state of Vision.

Technically it is possible for it but will Tesla offer it....

Depends on if Tesla provides a pathway for it like they did for the HEPA filter retrofit they did for older model 3/Y. The camera seems easier since the cars have HW4 which is compatible and 'may' have the wiring there in preparation. It would take installation with a bracket likely and software activation.
The ambient lighting for a retrofit I think is a pipe dream unless they provide a 'half solution'. The dash lighting would likely not be possible unless it is between the hard dash and the fabric/screen separation point with a new piece and new door wood trim inserts with the lighting (if wiring is already there) and of course software activation.

Personally I don't care about the ambient lighting but do care about the front bumper camera. I think Tesla should offer that at a minimum as a retrofit because it can be considered a safety device especially with the current state of Vision.

Technically it is possible for it but will Tesla offer it....
This is great information thank you. I wish that Tesla was not so secretive with all of this.

Do I review and accept this prior to a delivery date?

Attachments

• IMG_7194.png
    IMG_7194.png
    399 KB · Views: 36
I happily got the message, this morning, to schedule my delivery. This was about 6 days from my VIN assignment on December 9th.

I'm scheduled to take delivery on December 20th.

It seems weird that on my App it STILL shows that "Trade-in Offer Pending" and it says that "we'll reach out to you when offer is ready."

I'm not concerned since I'm planning on selling my 2016 Privately. But isn't it strange that from OD of September 30th, I've never had a Trade in offer, only that above message.

I'm a little nervous about my FSD TRANSFER from my 2016 MX to my 2023 MXLR. I have multiple documentations from my SA that FSD TRANSFER shows on my Account, from what he sees on his Back End, but nothing on my App specifies this.

For anyone who has taken delivery recently and qualified for the FSD TRANSFER, what has your experience been? I would Appreciate some incite from you all.