Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our MXLR SG tax edition is doing the same thing. Five days of shifting to the right, once a day, and currently sitting at 12/19-1/7. May go test drive the BMW iX and X5 50e today. I heard that test driving another brand caused someone else’s VIN to appear. 😂
Yep, that was me. VIN appeared a couple hours after test driving an Audi Q8 eTron with a limited edition paint option ($7,500 paint upcharge --- Yea right).

So if the BMW test drive does not score you a VIN then rush over to Audi and test drive! LOL

Picked it up today, 0 complaints. As an extra bonus the holiday update was already installed.

Attachments

• IMG_4846.jpeg
    IMG_4846.jpeg
    562.6 KB · Views: 34
🤣
I still drive the MY to work. The X does make it feel cheap though. I usually don’t care about luxurious features but the X is definitely more roomy, comfortable, and quiet and much faster than my MYP.

I don't really get that feeling. Our Y seems to be actually quieter than our X and that was one of the surprising things. Plus, I like the way the Y handles better. It' just more nimble and agile. Smaller to park in the city. I love the glass roof. I don't know. I like a lot about it. The X has its strengths as well, of course.

I have Liberty and had the same problem getting a quote. I just got a VIN from a similar MX and did the online quote and it was outrageous. So I went with progressive instead. Progressive you can get a quote without a VIN.
Is Tesla insurance offered in your state? Tesla insurance was much cheaper than traditional insurance for us when we checked. After the first year with Tesla insurance, our rates dropped more.

I don't really get that feeling. Our Y seems to be actually quieter than our X and that was one of the surprising things. Plus, I like the way the Y handles better. It' just more nimble and agile. Smaller to park in the city. I love the glass roof. I don't know. I like a lot about it. The X has its strengths as well, of course.
My second Y has always been loud. I gave up after 3 visits to the service center. I agree the Y does handle better/feel nimbler.