Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could see that happening here in ND/MN, but not in CA.
They know they can keep pushing CA orders back until the last week of the quarter because transport time is so low. It's actually worse to be close to the factory because your order priority is the lowest for the country. I'm about 40 miles from Fremont. This is our fourth Tesla and each order was like this except one inventory purchase. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but it's still frustrating.

They know they can keep pushing CA orders back until the last week of the quarter because transport time is so low. It's actually worse to be close to the factory because your order priority is the lowest for the country. I'm about 40 miles from Fremont. This is our fourth Tesla and each order was like this except one inventory purchase. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but it's still frustrating.
Exactly. My car finished production 12/19, they assigned me the vin 12/20, and said I can take delivery as early as 12/22

I own a 2022 (late 2021 made) M3P (currently selling as I replaced with an MXP). I put the UP front and rear sway bars and links in place of the stock - medium front and stiff back setting as recommended by UP. Dramatic difference. I wouldn't say the car didn't handle good before, it just that it would get more easily unsettled on rough pavement or potholes, and now it just feels so planted, it always puts a smile driving it. I would say that if handling was 8/10 before it is 10/10 for the weight, by far the most fun of all Teslas to drive. (never tried Roadster or CT). Both the MS and MX feel like (very fast) boats in comparison and the M3P is a go-kart. I purchased the rear sway bar for my MXP immediately upon ordering the car and installed yesterday. The difference feels less dramatic than the M3P. These sway bars are easily the best suspension upgrade for the cost. Never felt the ride was harsh to require coilovers.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
I own a 2022 (late 2021 made) M3P (currently selling as I replaced with an MXP). I put the UP front and rear sway bars and links in place of the stock - medium front and stiff back setting as recommended by UP. Dramatic difference. I wouldn't say the car didn't handle good before, it just that it would get more easily unsettled on rough pavement or potholes, and now it just feels so planted, it always puts a smile driving it. I would say that if handling was 8/10 before it is 10/10 for the weight, by far the most fun of all Teslas to drive. (never tried Roadster or CT). Both the MS and MX feel like (very fast) boats in comparison and the M3P is a go-kart. I purchased the rear sway bar for my MXP immediately upon ordering the car and installed yesterday. The difference feels less dramatic than the M3P. These sway bars are easily the best suspension upgrade for the cost. Never felt the ride was harsh to require coilovers.
Can you provide the details of the rear sway bar you bought for your X? I want to give my X some additional improvement in the steering feel.

It's just a beefier version of the stock sway bar. I didn't drive my X enough to really compare A/B, just went by my M3P experience. I've read people here swear by this sway bar being a great upgrade for the X. There are 3 settings, I put it at the stiffest.

These go on sale occasionally, There was a big deal on black Friday, I ordered a few days too early. Add about $200 for installation if you don't have a lift.

Edit: I just read the review in this link for the 1st time. I agree 100% with the reviewer that the comfort level increased on my M3P due to the car being almost 0 unsettled on rough pavement. Probably some of this carries over for the X.

Reactions: davenlei
Can you provide the details of the rear sway bar you bought for your X? I want to give my X some additional improvement in the steering feel.
Along with the UP rear sway bar for the MX mentioned above, you might want to consider these bearings for the front as well to improve steering feel when cornering if that's what you're after. These MPP bearings mostly addresses the front steering feel (I'm looking to add these to my MYLR after the holidays, and possibly to the MX later...only because my wife drives the MX the majority of time and probably wouldn't appreciate/be able to tell the difference 😂)

It says for MSP on them but they are also listed under MPP's MXP suspension upgrades as well, so they probably haven't updated their page description (worth confirming with MPP).

Reactions: davenlei
It's just a beefier version of the stock sway bar. I didn't drive my X enough to really compare A/B, just went by my M3P experience. I've read people here swear by this sway bar being a great upgrade for the X. There are 3 settings, I put it at the stiffest.

These go on sale occasionally, There was a big deal on black Friday, I ordered a few days too early. Add about $200 for installation if you don't have a lift.

Edit: I just read the review in this link for the 1st time. I agree 100% with the reviewer that the comfort level increased on my M3P due to the car being almost 0 unsettled on rough pavement. Probably some of this carries over for the X.
Ooohhhh. Randy Pobst was involved with the development of this? Nice!

I just spoke an advisor about the delays. I told him even if they assign me a VIN now, I've travel plans and can only pickup the car in Jan. So I want to make sure they don't refuse to transfer the free SC. He asked me to take the screenshot of the app when VIN gets assigned showing the pickup date availability. When I inquired about the delays in VIN assignment he said that I'm soft matched meaning the specs that match my configuration has gone into the build on the factory floor. So I take that as an positive. Eitherways he said they will honor the transfer because when I originally ordered the EDD was Dec 2023.

Reactions: davenlei and EvoL