Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black interior?
Yes. Even as a fan of white interior in 2 previous Teslas. I really like this black interior w the darker wood.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    593.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1687.jpeg
    IMG_1687.jpeg
    483.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1685.jpeg
    IMG_1685.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: JBT66 and NeuroRad
Yes. Even as a fan of white interior in 2 previous Teslas. I really like this black interior w the darker wood.

I liked carbon fiber on my (rare) '18 Silver Metallic Model 3, even added some mirror caps and rear spoiler. I'm not so sure I want it for my PX tho. But I only spent about 20 minutes checking out a PX with black interior at a SC that's 200 miles away. TBH, I spent more time checking out the ultra red and trying to sell my wife on it than to check it out for myself.

Need to find an excuse to go visit them again, stop at our favorite pizza place a few blocks from the SC, then come home. That would be a day adventure that I'm sure my wife would not volunteer to attend.

Reactions: N2B8
Order date was sept 18
I took my delivery on Thursday in Richmond. Process took just a few minutes looked over car and found nothing wrong. Was it as perfect as Mercedes no but there was nothing I saw that looked bad. We did a short inspection before I handed over my check. When I did he said our inspection revealed passenger window was a little slow so we will send mobile tech out to replace. I’ll post some better pics once I get back next week from ppf and ceramic We did find plastic over the rear seat posts and three screens but my guess is that’s intentional. Sure takes a while to figure everything out. I did get the seat dependent fart sounds down yesterday. Figured out dad today. Thanks all for the feedback here guys. I’ll be staying around to learn.

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    709.7 KB · Views: 20
Car was perfect and everything works! 12mi on odometer, AP calibrated after 1.5 mi, super smooth and quiet. Felt much more sporty than the previous X hence I got the Y at that time. This is going to be a keeper.
Congrats! Which Service Center is this? You seem to have gotten a royal treatment if they placed the bow and all 😂 My friend told me they were just given the keycard and told the car was parked outside and off you go. :rolleyes:

Congrats! Which Service Center is this? You seem to have gotten a royal treatment if they placed the bow and all 😂 My friend told me they were just given the keycard and told the car was parked outside and off you go. :rolleyes:

My last delivery (during covid) we had no human contact until my key cards refused to work so walked in the nearest open door and inquired and were given a new set, which worked. Otherwise it would have all happened via the app. Luckily there weren't a lot of MSM PY's in that area so found it quite quickly.

Haha this was the Irvine/Barranca Tesla in So Cal. One of the employees offered me a bow and took some pictures for me. My wife couldn't come because she has to work so I was there by myself. Maybe he felt sorry for me since everyone else was there with their family lol. So be sure to ask for a bow they'll probably have it but most people don't know about it.

I think if you're picking up your first Tesla I'm sure they'll spend more time with you. Overall I had a great experience. Drove the car for about 100 miles already and it's so much better than I expected.
Congrats! Also ordered an UR MX Tax Edition and I am very excited for it to come within the next month :)

I really like that partial sun protector you have in the photos, it looks excellent, where did you get it and do you recommend it?
The glass roof shade is on the Tesla website below for $95. There's a thread on here where people said it doesn't fit but mine seems to fit fine. At first it didn't fit well but after an afternoon drive it fits pretty good now. But I can tell from the construction that it can be a hit or miss. If that happens just return and get another one to try. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

I've been lurking for 2 months straight and finally made an account today, which I guess that gave me some good luck:

Just got VIN today: 12/23/23
Order Date: 10/10/23
VIN: 2023 PF430
MXLR - Ultra Red - Tax Edition

Hoping for pick up before the end of the year
The VIN number mystery got me googling and I landed here, https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/home/displayfile/ea70bdbf-c54d-4c5f-b426-85a8dd90890d hoping someone else finds it useful. VIN needs to be in R for 2024 model. Sorry if it has been discussed on this thread already 😂

There's also this VIN Decoder: VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Reactions: towndrunk
This may be a little off topic, but I've searched everywhere to no avail.

I'm trying to to drive with ONLY the rear-view camera on the Touch Screen. But when I press camera app, both left & right cameras appear underneath the rear view camera window.

The manual says to swipe up or down the windows of the side Cameras to remove from Touch screen, but that's not working for me.

Anyone else experiencing this? What's the solution I'm missing?

How does rejecting a VIN hoping the next one will be a '24 work?

I have an FSD transfer because I ordered before 9/30. And when I ordered in Sept my Plaid price was $5k lower than the current price. Also I'm getting the $1k discount for being a Cybertruck reservation holder and $500 referral credit. Would I lose any/all of those if I reject the VIN I have or would they rebuild me a new car (probably a 2024) and still keep my lower price, discounts and FSD transfer?

I own a 2022 (late 2021 made) M3P (currently selling as I replaced with an MXP). I put the UP front and rear sway bars and links in place of the stock - medium front and stiff back setting as recommended by UP. Dramatic difference. I wouldn't say the car didn't handle good before, it just that it would get more easily unsettled on rough pavement or potholes, and now it just feels so planted, it always puts a smile driving it. I would say that if handling was 8/10 before it is 10/10 for the weight, by far the most fun of all Teslas to drive. (never tried Roadster or CT). Both the MS and MX feel like (very fast) boats in comparison and the M3P is a go-kart. I purchased the rear sway bar for my MXP immediately upon ordering the car and installed yesterday. The difference feels less dramatic than the M3P. These sway bars are easily the best suspension upgrade for the cost. Never felt the ride was harsh to require coilovers.

Have you tried the UP sway bars for the MXP? It has been said to improve the ride quality there as well.

This may be a little off topic, but I've searched everywhere to no avail.

I'm trying to to drive with ONLY the rear-view camera on the Touch Screen. But when I press camera app, both left & right cameras appear underneath the rear view camera window.

The manual says to swipe up or down the windows of the side Cameras to remove from Touch screen, but that's not working for me.

Anyone else experiencing this? What's the solution I'm missing?

Swipe down in the middle by the bottom edge of the rear camera. Sounds like you're trying to swipe down the side cameras.

How does rejecting a VIN hoping the next one will be a '24 work?

I have an FSD transfer because I ordered before 9/30. And when I ordered in Sept my Plaid price was $5k lower than the current price. Also I'm getting the $1k discount for being a Cybertruck reservation holder and $500 referral credit. Would I lose any/all of those if I reject the VIN I have or would they rebuild me a new car (probably a 2024) and still keep my lower price, discounts and FSD transfer?
Wait, are you getting a 1k discount for being a CT reservation holder or because you ORDERED a Foundation??? We also have been invited to order a foundation but it doesn't mean anything until we actually ORDER.

Wait, are you getting a 1k discount for being a CT reservation holder or because you ORDERED a Foundation??? We also have been invited to order a foundation but it doesn't mean anything until we actually ORDER.

Anyone who RESERVED a CT prior to some date.. pretty much all the early reservations (not sure what the cutoff is) is eligible for a $1k discount on any other Tesla you order by year end. Some people got texts/emails, some didn't (I didnt) but as long as you call/email Tesla they will add the $1k discount to your new non-CT order.

Anyone who RESERVED a CT prior to some date.. pretty much all the early reservations (not sure what the cutoff is) is eligible for a $1k discount on any other Tesla you order by year end. Some people got texts/emails, some didn't (I didnt) but as long as you call/email Tesla they will add the $1k discount to your new non-CT order.
We even have an invitation to order a Founders CT on our app (haven't decided yet), so if I call Carlsbad (where we are picking up our tax edition X today), they should aknowledge the discount?