Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 10/22
EDD1: Nov 23
EDD2: Dec 31 - Jan 7th
EDD3: Jan 7th - Jan 14th
Blue/Black/5 seater (Plebeian Tax Model)

Got VIN on 12/22 PF4307XX (2023)

Got approved financing from Tesla yesterday 6.69% @ 72, checking credit union for better rate. Forwarded the FUSC agreement in app and provided my current plates to transfer as well.

They must really be trying to wrap up as many deliveries as possible at this last week and moving on if it looks like there is any chance of a slip into the new year.
So Tesla came through. Received a text this morning that VIN was assigned. 30 minutes later received a text that the MXLR was on route to Scottsdale and would be ready for delivery on 12/30. Scheduled for 12/31.
PF430xxx

If I want to sell my old X to CarMax instead of Tesla but keep my old license plate, does anyone know what I should do?
I recently sold my Camry and the dealer said unless its a custom license plate it stays with the car. But I've also heard from my friends who sold privately that they just kept the license plate so ymmv.

Also if you are planning to transfer FSD or FUSC please read the fine print, it says you need to be in possession of your old Tesla when you take your delivery for the transfer to happen successfully. Meaning if you sell before you take the delivery they might not transfer. Confirm with your advisor but I'm sure I read that in the transfer t&c somewhere.

Last edited:
OD: 10/22
EDD1: Nov 23
EDD2: Dec 31 - Jan 7th
EDD3: Jan 7th - Jan 14th
Blue/Black/5 seater (Plebeian Tax Model)

Got VIN on 12/22 PF4307XX (2023)

Got approved financing from Tesla yesterday 6.69% @ 72, checking credit union for better rate. Forwarded the FUSC agreement in app and provided my current plates to transfer as well.

Does anyone know when the factory shuts down or does it run through the holidays? Still producing '23's so late in December seems strange. Would they keep producing '23's after the New Year?

Reactions: TespaceX
I recently sold my Camry and the dealer said unless its a custom license plate it stays with the car. But I've also heard from my friends who sold privately that they just kept the license plate so ymmv.

Also if you are planning to transfer FSD or FUSC please read the fine print, it says you need to be in possession of your old Tesla when you take your delivery for the transfer to happen successfully. Meaning if you sell before you take the delivery they might not transfer. Confirm with your advisor but I'm sure I read that in the transfer t&c somewhere.
That dealer was correct. In California, technically, the plates stay with the car unless it is custom.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24

Yes. Mine is cutome. I read that too. I don’t mind to keep the old car while I am taking the delivery of the new one.

If I want to sell my old X to CarMax instead of Tesla but keep my old license plate, does anyone know what I should do?

Depends on state laws. Is it a custom plate? In my state, I keep my custom plate.
Do you know what to do if I want it transfer my custom to the new car?

Bolt the plate(s) on? You still need to register the sale with your state to finish the process.

I received the invite to order Foundation series for CT, so I cancelled my MX order. I will now jump over to CT forum. I wish you all Happy New Year! Enjoy your MX, now I will wait for my CT order, hopefully receiving it by March 2024.

Make sure to enter your CT order details in the cybertruckownersclub database:

I'm waiting on the MXP for wifey and have an order in for the CT AWD due Jan-Mar for myself

Ordered at Oct 22 | white, black tax edition | SoCal, Irvine

1st EDD: Nov-Dec
2nd EDD: Dec-Jan (after 7 days)
3rd EDD: Dec 12- Feb 16 (after 9 days)
4th EDD: Dec 22 - Feb 16
5th EDD: Dec 26 - Feb 6
6th EDD: Dec 21 - Jan 25
7th EDD: Dec 24- Jan 14
8th EDD: Dec 25 - Jan 15
9th EDD: Dec 26 - Jan 15
10th EDD: Dec 27 - Jan 15
11th EDD: Jan 11 - Jan 15 (today)

Delivery advisor told me that they don’t have any white X scheduled ship to SoCal until mid Jan, looks like it’s true.

Ordered at Oct 22 | white, black tax edition | SoCal, Irvine

1st EDD: Nov-Dec
2nd EDD: Dec-Jan (after 7 days)
3rd EDD: Dec 12- Feb 16 (after 9 days)
4th EDD: Dec 22 - Feb 16
5th EDD: Dec 26 - Feb 6
6th EDD: Dec 21 - Jan 25
7th EDD: Dec 24- Jan 14
8th EDD: Dec 25 - Jan 15
9th EDD: Dec 26 - Jan 15
10th EDD: Dec 27 - Jan 15
11th EDD: Jan 11 - Jan 15 (today)

Delivery advisor told me that they don’t have any white X scheduled ship to SoCal until mid Jan, looks like it’s true.
i ordered on 12/14, I got a VIN on 12/26, said i wanted delivery 1/2, was told vehicle would be at dealer afternoon of 12/30 and if i did not take delivery i would lose the vehicle. I chose to wait, now i lost VIN and am on hold. On top of that they are ghosting me................

i ordered on 12/14, I got a VIN on 12/26, said i wanted delivery 1/2, was told vehicle would be at dealer afternoon of 12/30 and if i did not take delivery i would lose the vehicle. I chose to wait, now i lost VIN and am on hold. On top of that they are ghosting me................
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It seems like they're constantly ghosting people. Reflecting on six years ago when I was picking up my old X, they would go above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. However, Tesla, now a big company, doesn't prioritize the same level of attention they used to provide.

• Love