Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are definitely discounting remainning 2023 inventory. This 2023 X with a yoke and white interior has been in inventory at the Boise SC for a couple of months. Now discounted $2000, and will not qualify for the $7500 tax credit.

1705064605580.png

I ordered on 12/18 and have my order on hold in hopes of getting a 2024…if I get off my hold and they give me a 2023 VIN I’m just going to cancel and place a new order.

Question is, if I make a new order today, what’s to stop Tesla from attaching me to one of their 2023 models that matches my configuration? Is there anything?

I ordered on 12/18 and have my order on hold in hopes of getting a 2024…if I get off my hold and they give me a 2023 VIN I’m just going to cancel and place a new order.

Question is, if I make a new order today, what’s to stop Tesla from attaching me to one of their 2023 models that matches my configuration? Is there anything?
I’ve seen people cancel orders and immediately get matched with the same VIN on a completely different order under the same account.

Maybe you could create a burner Tesla account and then transfer it to your main account?

I’ve seen people cancel orders and immediately get matched with the same VIN on a completely different order under the same account.

Maybe you could create a burner Tesla account and then transfer it to your main account?
Wouldn't placing a new order with the new EPA ranges on the order page guarantee that you would get matched with a 2024 model instead of a 2023 model that carries the old EPA ranges? I don't know but that would make sense to me. I know the older 2023 carry a higher EPA range due to the older calculation method, but Tesla should confirm with the customer if they will be matching them with a car showing a different range calculation (albeit more range instead of lower range) the same way they needed the customers to update their configuration when the 2024 calculation took effect.

Wouldn't placing a new order with the new EPA ranges on the order page guarantee that you would get matched with a 2024 model instead of a 2023 model that carries the old EPA ranges? I don't know but that would make sense to me. I know the older 2023 carry a higher EPA range due to the older calculation method, but Tesla should confirm with the customer if they will be matching them with a car showing a different range calculation (albeit more range instead of lower range) the same way they needed the customers to update their configuration when the 2024 calculation took effect.
That does make sense, I was never asked to verify anything when my VIN was the 2023.

Reactions: lonnielevi
Yup things are moving, my advisor told me Wednesday that it will be up by Monday (I take everything Tesla tells me lightly) but glad to see some traction on POS credit. Next hurdle is to get a 2024 vin. And fingers cross something new for the model year.