Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scheduled my delivery for this Thursday in Utah, received VIN early yesterday. Ordered on 2/6/24.
You can call your service center/pick-up location and ask them the date of the VIN. This will help the rest of us understand if you got a post March 1st VIN and if you did, can you please update us on Thursday as soon as you look at the car? A number of us have pending deliveries that we'll defer for the bumper camera/ambient lighting. Hopefully you'll be able to comment on any other changes. Best of luck on the VIN date!

Reactions: F123456 and TyH2009
My order was just removed from 2 week hold, got a new VIN assigned, delivery date 3/8-3/17. Here's hoping its a March build (although unlikely since I'm in Chicago, and to get it here within 8 days from build would be unusual)
Same as the other post, you can just call your service center and ask them the date of the VIN. They have that info along with the exact shipping info (they can tell you which state the truck your car is on is in). What I saw locally is there are a number of Model X/S cars 'in transit' to the SC where I live. I am wondering if Tesla evacuated existing inventory to random service centers throughout the US and you were VIN matched to a vehicle in transit. I am sure they're hoping for an EoQ push for folks that want to take advantage of free FSD and FUSC transfers.

You can always check tesla.com under inventory and look at cars with a similar build at your SC. When you click 'View Details' on a car, at the bottom on the next screen you'll see 'Delivery Location' and under there it will either already be in stock or it will say 'In Transit - Arriving Soon'. If you have a bunch arriving soon, they may have VIN matched you to one that was produced just prior to these alleged assembly line updates.

If it matters, I've spoken to a number of Tesla reps (via chat and phone) and none have stated that the alleged changes have actually gone into place. So either they're ill-informed or coached to lie to potential customers. I can understand the latter to not impact existing inventory sales, but it is still disingenuous on such an expensive vehicle for those who care about the updates.

Safest bet is to wait until someone here confirms with pictures or Tesla decides to update their website with these alleged changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: F123456
Same as the other post, you can just call your service center and ask them the date of the VIN. They have that info along with the exact shipping info (they can tell you which state the truck your car is on is in). What I saw locally is there are a number of Model X/S cars 'in transit' to the SC where I live. I am wondering if Tesla evacuated existing inventory to random service centers throughout the US and you were VIN matched to a vehicle in transit. I am sure they're hoping for an EoQ push for folks that want to take advantage of free FSD and FUSC transfers.

You can always check tesla.com under inventory and look at cars with a similar build at your SC. When you click 'View Details' on a car, at the bottom on the next screen you'll see 'Delivery Location' and under there it will either already be in stock or it will say 'In Transit - Arriving Soon'. If you have a bunch arriving soon, they may have VIN matched you to one that was produced just prior to these alleged assembly line updates.

If it matters, I've spoken to a number of Tesla reps (via chat and phone) and none have stated that the alleged changes have actually gone into place. So either they're ill-informed or coached to lie to potential customers. I can understand the latter to not impact existing inventory sales, but it is still disingenuous on such an expensive vehicle for those who care about the updates.

Safest bet is to wait until someone here confirms with pictures or Tesla decides to update their website with these alleged changes.
So I ordered 2/5 and the Tesla center locally called me about a week later to let me know that they had sold all inventory and are waiting on new production. They stated I should not expect it before mid-late March. I said cool.

I received the VIN 3/3 with EDD updated to 3/15-3/23. VIN is a 2024 year and it is coming from Fremont.

Will post here on the board with any new updates that may or may not be there.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: F123456 and TyH2009
So I ordered 2/5 and the Tesla center locally called me about a week later to let me know that they had sold all inventory and are waiting on new production. They stated I should not expect it before mid-late March. I said cool.

I received the VIN 3/3 with EDD updated to 3/15-3/23. VIN is a 2024 year and it is coming from Fremont.

Will post here on the board with any new updates that may or may not be there.
What color/build? I ordered 2/10 the base/tax rebate version, grey, 20’s, 5-seater etc, and mine is still ETA March 8-April 12 and no VIN yet.

Same one you did. I’m in CO, prior owner (not sure if they prioritize at all that way). My eta was similar to yours prior to the VIN
Nice. I’m in St Louis, hoping I’m just few days behind. I’ve previously owned 2 3’s, in process of selling my M3P for the X, not sure if prior owner makes a difference or not.

I can’t wait to see the Stealth Grey. The service center near me had one but it was super dirty and had cream interior so didn’t get a good look.

Can anyone confirm if you have to reject a vin, regardless of why, will tesla still honor fsd xfer? The ambient lighting and camera is enough reason. But if you happened to get a delivery with actual issues it would be wildly unfair if you had to reject and lost it if the next delivery went past 3/31.
It would also be wildly unfair to Tesla, for a customer to simply cancel an order because they want to delay until ambient lighting and camera become available.

My order was just removed from 2 week hold, got a new VIN assigned, delivery date 3/8-3/17. Here's hoping its a March build (although unlikely since I'm in Chicago, and to get it here within 8 days from build would be unusual)
Ouch, Tesla just got back to me and let me know the build date is 2/29. I want to reject and order another one, but I'm anxiously waiting for someone to actually get a new build with cameras.

These cameras and ambient lighting - weren’t hey coming on March 1st? I don’t understand this game, if they are so important why just not wait and order quarter end when it’ll be clear if real or a rumor and don’t play this cancellation game trying to time a vaporware feature.