Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all know Tesla does agile style updates to their product lines so having things just 'pop up' during the year should be expected. Although I am very satisfied with my non-front bumper camera and non-ambient lighting Model X and have enjoyed it immensely (just played with a Model 3 Performance who tried to blow my doors off unsuccessfully), it would be cool to have a retrofit front bumper camera if not too expensive for when I need to get into super tight spaces.

Oh man that would drive me nuts! If I got an “outdated” vehicle the same day someone got an updated one. What the hell is wrong with Tesla! Well I guess I’ll see in a couple of weeks. I hope we start seeing reports of vehicles with these updates before I take delivery. So I can at least have an opportunity to reject it.

You can reject it "just in case". That way you will guarantee either huge discounts or the refreshed version. /s

I did just yesterday and shared my conversation in the other Model S delivery thread this morning! I typically have very candid and casual conversations with everyone.

View attachment 1027271

Yes, I wholeheartedly still believe this update is happening. It has been collaborated by two of our sources, which I discussed in this post, namely:

Fun tidbit: The most recent photos of the white Model 3 "Ludicrous" were taken in a debug line, and the individual was terminated the following day.

View attachment 1027272

Again, very casual conversations but I try to remain an open book. 😅
@tylercorsair could you share what date the exchange between you an the employee took place (the one about people stressing about the updates)?

You can visit our options - be the house thread to see for yourself how we handle volatility. Fellow members would probably want me to thank FUD’ers such as you for for your pro-bono work toward their kids’ college funds; I just can’t stand it when it see you at work.

You can visit our options - be the house thread to see for yourself how we handle volatility. Fellow members would probably want me to thank FUD’ers such as you for for your pro-bono work toward their kids’ college funds; I just can’t stand it when it see you at work.

You're welcome. There's nothing as strong as tried and tested.

This one summarizes the current mood nicely:

Last edited:
I took my tax edition 2024 X into Tesla today so they could PDR a very tiny dent in the door that was there upon delivery. They gave me a 2023 6 seater X with the yoke as my loaner. Damn I'm glad the tax edition forced me to the get the wheel! I hate that fricken yoke! It's nice for dash visibility and highway driving, but around town or parking, it totally sucks.

I took my tax edition 2024 X into Tesla today so they could PDR a very tiny dent in the door that was there upon delivery. They gave me a 2023 6 seater X with the yoke as my loaner. Damn I'm glad the tax edition forced me to the get the wheel! I hate that fricken yoke! It's nice for dash visibility and highway driving, but around town or parking, it totally sucks.
I'm tempted to pull my hold after 6 days and just take the one originally assigned to me.

I ordered it not expecting a front bumper camera, but I can't decide if I want to wait it out or not lol.

Reactions: TyH2009
Man I hate the yoke but to be honest the front dash is useless with a wheel. I can’t see the visualizer, speed, etc without moving my head around the wheel.

Just scheduled my delivery for 3/22!

Ordered 2/21
Tax Special
Build Date 3/7
West Palm Beach, FL
Mine was built on the same exact day! You'll have to let me know how the build quality was on that day! My EDD is 3/23 - 3/30. I was really hoping that as we got closer to the end of the month on deliveries this rumored update with the front bumper camera and ambient lighting would show up.