Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tax boi special, ordered 03/08/24, Southern California - frankly I'm appalled I don't have my X yet 😆
-$1,000 cybertruck reservation holder discount
-$7,500 tax boi credit
-$12,000 FSD transfer
+10,000 Free Super Charger miles (trading in the M3P)
No VIN, just "March 2024" as a delivery date.

I know some of you have been waiting much longer, but its such a different experience from when I ordered my M3P. Ordered that on 09/27/21, it was delivered 09/29/21.

Reactions: prindiaos
Tax boi special, ordered 03/08/24, Southern California - frankly I'm appalled I don't have my X yet 😆
-$7,500 tax boi credit
-$12,000 FSD transfer

I know some of you have been waiting much longer, but its such a different experience from when I ordered my M3P. Ordered that on 09/27/21, it was delivered 09/29/21.
Just pushed my EDD March 27- May 1st

-$7,500 tax boi credit
-$12,000 FSD transfer

EDD just updated to March 19 - April 9.

-$7,500 tax boi credit
-$12,000 FSD transfer

It was a very difference for me too between my Y and my X. When I ordered my Y I had an EDD a month out and received a VIN just two days after ordering. I rejected since I was not ready for it and then received another VIN a day after that and had to reject again and put account on hold to not keep getting assigned a VIN (this was back in the day when there was not a one VIN rejection limit). My X took almost three months on the dot. The reasoning is the Y (and 3) are mass produced at quantity and build process is much easier and faster than the X and S which are share the same assembly line and are built at much smaller quantities.

Reactions: Dmithun
It was a very difference for me too between my Y and my X. When I ordered my Y I had an EDD a month out and received a VIN just two days after ordering. I rejected since I was not ready for it and then received another VIN a day after that and had to reject again and put account on hold to not keep getting assigned a VIN (this was back in the day when there was not a one VIN rejection limit). My X took almost three months on the dot. The reasoning is the Y (and 3) are mass produced at quantity and build process is much easier and faster than the X and S which are share the same assembly line and are built at much smaller quantities.
Everyone has scared me into coming off my hold and attaching my original vin back to my order. I put it on hold last Friday and the vin was still there when I went in to take it off hold.

MXP Ultra Red, white interior, Near Fremont

By the way, the delivery center here is crazy busy.

I wonder if they would ship it to the Mt Kisco NY delivery center?
I ran into a situation similar to this back when I was waiting for mine. My SA recommended I do not do it (which I agreed is not a good idea), he can allocate the vehicle in IL for me (I live in CA), I would have to either travel there to get the car or arrange my own transportation at my cost to have it shipped to CA.

Wonder if there is something wrong about this one? Guessing it's either a cancelled order or refused delivery? Tempted to go with it...
Maybe someone is holding out for new features? Though I’d bet they are making extras in anticipation of folks trying to take advantage of some of the offers. I picked mine up today and as others have said, great build quality but I am also not one that would find any minor imperfections. This is the first time I’ve picked up a car at the delivery center, previous cars were delivered but was super fast process. Going to take a while to get used to signals, I keep reaching for the stalk on turns.

Reactions: duck_on_quack
Maybe someone is holding out for new features? Though I’d bet they are making extras in anticipation of folks trying to take advantage of some of the offers. I picked mine up today and as others have said, great build quality but I am also not one that would find any minor imperfections. This is the first time I’ve picked up a car at the delivery center, previous cars were delivered but was super fast process. Going to take a while to get used to signals, I keep reaching for the stalk on turns.
Give it a few days and the turn signals will be fine. Now the shift stalk I do miss! It was much easier to quickly flip from R/D in my MYP. I just returned my X Plaid loaner and got my tax edition back from paintless dent repair. Glad to have a steering wheel back! I hate that yoke!