Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery beyond the estimated time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How often does Tesla not meet the deadline for the estimated timeframe for delivery?

Mu estimated delivery is late Aug - September. I ordered on July 4, but still not in production yet. I want to make sure I get the current lease rates, which I read are available only if I take delivery by Sept 30. Is there a chance Tesla might miss the estimated delivery timeframe?

Yes. They usually miss their delivery dates. Tesla is absolutely the worst when it comes to estimation of time,

Even on my actual scheduled delivery date, I was late by 20 min (stuck in traffic) and they still weren't ready for me!

In the same boat as many here. The car is estimated to be delivered Late August- Early September. The car is still in the Production Queue and according to my DS person it will start taking form on Aug 29th. At that time she mentioned I "Should" see My Tesla page updated.

We will see, her original projection; the car would be delivered last week of August. Then some invoice paperwork she provided said delivery Sept 3, then sometime around the first 2 weeks of September. I ordered the car in early July, 90D.

I found their delivery windows to actually be quite conservative for me. It seemed they were always showing worse case scenario. My delivery was at the early end or even before each window they ever gave me and that is with having an extra week and a half delay in the process.

You can go look at the tracking excel people update their info in to confirm how well/poor they were in hitting estimates.

It should be listed in the My Tesla profile for your vehicle under the Documents section as Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. On the 2nd page, just under the names and addresses at the top, there's a section that says "VEHICLE TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT:". That date, at least for me, was very accurate.

Also to add it is NOT the Order Agreement. I didn't get my MVPA until about a week before delivery and my delivery date was 4 days off from when I actually picked-up which is still pretty close for your purposes. I think me being on the east coast might of made them less able to pin down the exact date early for me because they are dependent on the train and the in transit is more variable.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's pretty accurate. If you're picking up from the factory, that would mean you could start production as late as 9/1 or so.

Funny thing, they might be experiencing some issues. I asked my DS person for an updated MVPA this afternoon. The new MVPA indicates a delivery date of 9/13 now. Maybe they are dealing with production delays..?? Speculation on my part of course.

• Informative
Reactions: dehydratedH2O
How often does Tesla not meet the deadline for the estimated timeframe for delivery?

Mu estimated delivery is late Aug - September. I ordered on July 4, but still not in production yet. I want to make sure I get the current lease rates, which I read are available only if I take delivery by Sept 30. Is there a chance Tesla might miss the estimated delivery timeframe?

Where did you hear this? My OA did not mention this, only that if I order the car before September 12th I can take advantage of the 2 year lease rates. I pushed my delivery for November, which would not be fun if this was true.

I read it on one of the posts here; don't remember which one though. I spoke with my OA about it when I read the post and he confirmed it. I'm not referring to the 2 year versus 3 year lease though, I'm referring to the interest rates for the lease.