Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery chaos continues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if that’s also the case with LR AWD? Surely they’re not going to build a shed-load (or should that be boat-load ;)) of random LR AWD cars when it was only available to order for a few weeks? Although, as we know with Tesla, expect the unexpected :rolleyes:
I would assume they might, as custom orders they don't seem to do for the M3, and the majority orders for the cars were in the first few days, although some people upgrade to a Performance, any spares will probably end up in inventory

I wonder if that’s also the case with LR AWD? Surely they’re not going to build a shed-load (or should that be boat-load ;)) of random LR AWD cars when it was only available to order for a few weeks? Although, as we know with Tesla, expect the unexpected :rolleyes:

If it's true that it's only a software difference then it shouldn't be a problem to convert a few P- cars into LR AWD spec in an instant. Any further delay would probably come from those who specified 19" wheels and/or towbar, but that shouldn't be a major problem either as they are bolt-on items.

Reactions: Roy W.
So after zero communication since ordering, other than the apology text on the govt grant related change on the order agreement, I received a text from Tesla today. It basically thanked me for “completing your Tesla account” and confirmed the details I submitted when I placed the order ie. cash order, no trade-in, delivery Birmingham. Does this text mean I’m closer to getting my car or is it just Tesla playing catch up on my order details that were completed weeks ago? I think I know the answer but.....:)

On this forum a lot have ordered LR AWD or P- (which I believe is the same car with only a software / firmware change). So hopefully there may be many hundreds of them. I wonder what batch size Tesla makes before switching to another configuration?

So after zero communication since ordering, other than the apology text on the govt grant related change on the order agreement, I received a text from Tesla today. It basically thanked me for “completing your Tesla account” and confirmed the details I submitted when I placed the order ie. cash order, no trade-in, delivery Birmingham. Does this text mean I’m closer to getting my car or is it just Tesla playing catch up on my order details that were completed weeks ago? I think I know the answer but.....:)

Every day you are 1 day closer to delivery ;)

Also got this text. It's like Tesla are showing us with droplets of hope. WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

My text said “if these details are incorrect reply with NO and we will contact you”. As my details are correct my assumption is that no response is the right response.

Although I really really want to respond with “YES, YES, YES, please tell me when I can get my car” :D

Surely they’re not going to build a shed-load (or should that be boat-load ;)) of random LR AWD cars when it was only available to order for a few weeks?

Not in this case (given car and be LR or P- etc) but I think entirely possible they build a new configuration, stick them on a boat, and only then open it for orders .. different colour / wheels / something else.

I think I know the answer but....
Every day you are 1 day closer to delivery

Pretty sure that wasn't the expected answer :)

Could be worse. You could have had a call a vin and a final invoice in June with an instruction not to go on holiday in the first two weeks of June then your vin disappears so you enquire and they say it was for a totally different car so await a new vin and final invoice with nothing since....:)

Personally, I had a phone call, followed up with an email, followed up with two further phone calls (from the same lady), followed up with two further emails. All in one morning and all productive. No text. Perhaps the selected contact preference options for individual Tesla accounts makes a difference?

Why are these calls to check info actually needed? Or is it because they may end up registering a vehicle with incorrect information and getting that wrong is probably a pain to fix?

Surely unless something has changed, the info given should be right and if it’s not, it’s purchasers fault?

If something has changed, then should purchaser not have informed Tesla? I guess timing may have something to do with it, but an automated email asking people to confirm their details within x days otherwise it will cause delay is all that is needed.

Sounds like a time wasting exercise that all it does is give people the opportunity to change something and add more complexity.