Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Delay - 2014 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of sometime today (8/30), I'm in production. VIN 500xx, confirmed 5/24.

"In Production The Tesla Factory is building your Model S."

Side note: It actually updated first this morning to the "production queue" thing that lots of folks are seeing, but then switched to the above sometime later in the day.

My vin 51073 has the following status as of right now: "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." Today was the first day in a week I've been too busy at work to check during the day, and of course it's the day that it changes. All in all, good news all around, as things seem to be moving forward.

As of sometime today (8/30), I'm in production. VIN 500xx, confirmed 5/24.

"In Production The Tesla Factory is building your Model S."

Side note: It actually updated first this morning to the "production queue" thing that lots of folks are seeing, but then switched to the above sometime later in the day.

Congrats! Sounds like you should be ready to go pretty soon.

Last edited:
My dashboard changed this morning to "In production: the factory is building your Model S". VIN is 50309 with delivery scheduled 9/13. However, they have told me they are prioritizing my order due to an upcoming extended trip lasting into Q4, so my change may not be representative of other. VIN's. I am, however, wishing all my fellow waiters a speedy delivery.

Well after thinking about this thread, I find myself with a mild hope that I am delayed, just so chickensevil and Bonnie don't rub it in my face. (Just kidding, they're too nice to do that).

So mean! :D

Although, I think that would hurt you more than it would hurt me ;)

Clearly from peoples reports it seems that might still be a possibility as some people are still getting shifted around. Hope yours comes on time!

501xx p85. Shows on dashboard "enterred production queue" for the last week. Original estimate late August changed to Sept 4, now showing Sept 12 delivery. DS has not given me a date yet though, so still on Tesla Time. I am actually grateful that I'm delayed a bit in the queue. I hope the inevitable snafus with the new production line are minimized by the time my car rolls down the line.

Well after thinking about this thread, I find myself with a mild hope that I am delayed, just so chickensevil and Bonnie don't rub it in my face. (Just kidding, they're too nice to do that).

No worries, I wouldn't do that. I'll just expect you to help out with the next thread that crops up with new owners experiencing a delay. Who knows, I may be the one that needs to be calmed down on the next delay. After all, I've been waiting on my X since Feb 2012. And I don't have a DS assigned yet. I can't even configure the vehicle. Heck, I don't even know what it's going to look like!

Though I admit, finding a Roadster in my garage every morning makes it soooo much easier to wait. :)

@bonnie. Thanks for the report from the factory floor. It's indispensable to have first hand account of what the new re-tooled factory floor looks like. Everything you've described points to a more efficient and higher production factory. That should be very good news for anyone waiting for delivery. Even though I know it's still too early for that, I only wish that you could have seen some signs of the new prototype Model X to share with us.

@chickensevil. Thank you as well for your always thoughtful input regarding TSLA. Reading your earlier post made me feel better about Tesla meeting its production goals for this quarter.

@chickensevil. Thank you as well for your always thoughtful input regarding TSLA. Reading your earlier post made me feel better about Tesla meeting its production goals for this quarter.

You are quite welcome, but in fairness that post and many others are for my benefit as much as anyone since my immediate concern was also that they would potentially miss production numbers. I had figured before in another post that they needed to average 825 from the time of restart. This just applied some kind of ramp into it to account for any delays in startup. Which to me feels pretty generous although it is possible that it was lower than even I giving credit we just don't have enough data.

You are quite welcome, but in fairness that post and many others are for my benefit as much as anyone since my immediate concern was also that they would potentially miss production numbers. I had figured before in another post that they needed to average 825 from the time of restart. This just applied some kind of ramp into it to account for any delays in startup. Which to me feels pretty generous although it is possible that it was lower than even I giving credit we just don't have enough data.

My co-worker went to a Tesla store in a Dallas mall today, and the guy there said they were able to produce 500 a week after the re-tooling. Clearly some misingofmration is being spread, even among Tesla employees.

And I said "store", not dealership. All you can buy there is shirts and hats and so on. You can look at a Model S, though, and people are liking what they see. I suspect a whole new crop of Texas buyers in the next few months, just from walking traffic in that mall. (Although to be fair, they have the worst spot in the corner of the mall).

500 is possible, it just means they have to work harder to make it up. I doubt they were doing 500 for more than the first week though or it would be absolutely devastating to attempting to meet the numbers based on the other information we have already been given. Not saying they are right but it is possible.

My order has always been scheduled for delivery on September 18th. I emailed my DS yesterday and he confirmed that it was still on track. This morning the status changed to "The Tesla factory is building your model S"

Seems like a lot of queue's went to build overnight as mine did also with a September 16th projected delivery. My delivery location is still up in the air here in Indiana as Ohio apparently just cracked down on Tesla for out of state car transactions. I am hoping they will deliver it to me but it's sounding like Chicago right now.....yuk!