Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Estimator surrendered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery estimate just changed!
Used to be late 2018 for all 3 versions.
Looks like my Model S owner priority finally kicked in.
View attachment 265227

Kind of strange, I preordered of minute 1 of online portal opening, am NOT a current owner, yet I have an earlier estimate for the Standard Battery option. Mine says "Early 2018". For both the other 2 options, my date ranges are 1 month later than yours. I wonder why my Long Range battery or Dual Motor would be delivered after you, but my standard battery would be delivered BEFORE you.

Kind of strange, I preordered of minute 1 of online portal opening, am NOT a current owner, yet I have an earlier estimate for the Standard Battery option. Mine says "Early 2018". For both the other 2 options, my date ranges are 1 month later than yours. I wonder why my Long Range battery or Dual Motor would be delivered after you, but my standard battery would be delivered BEFORE you.

Honestly I hope it's intentional and that they put a little thought into it and decided if someone owns an S or an X, they're in a different financial situation than the folks who might be stretching a bit to get a standard range 3. I have no interest in the standard range model to be honest so it doesn't affect me, but I'm not immune to a bit of sympathy and hoping they don't get walked all over by existing owners.

Or if we wanted to look at it a different way: Maybe owning an S or X doesn't get you priority for low-margin or break-even vehicles, only for the ones that will help build the future of the company.

But honestly it's probably just a screw-up or they didn't update the windows for non-owners yet.

I find these dates surprising:
upload_2017-12-8_13-16-22.png

Current non-employee owner, west coast, late Aug 2017 online reservation.

You're correct

So you reserved before me (I think? Do you know approx what time that was?) but will presumptively get your car after me based on this.

Tesla is absolutely screwing the pooch with this whole thing. Owners of a single S/X getting to order two cars before other owners who waited in line, people with later reservations getting earlier estimates, etc.

Everything I knew was possible but hoped wouldn't happen is in full effect when it comes to reservation handling, and knowing that *my* order is going to screw someone else just makes it worse.

I find these dates surprising:
View attachment 265367
Current non-employee owner, west coast, late Aug 2017 online reservation.
I just ordered one about 2 weeks ago and it did say late 2018. Last night it changed to Dec 2017-Feb 2018. I am a current Tesla owner. I am pretty sure i'm at the end of the Owners advantage. My buddy who is not a current owner had his change to Mar 2018-May 2018. He placed his order on April 6th 2016. I think its all coming together :)

How late in the day, out of curiosity? Data point: I reserved somewhere at or before 9pm in California. I texted my brother to remind him at 5 after 9pm and had clearly done it myself at that point, but I can't be more precise.

I still show Jan-Mar.

The fact that you're in California would account for you getting yours before me. I'm thinking it was like 8:35 that I did it. I don't remember when they started the stream.