Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Now 7-11 Weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looked at ordering page. The delivery time jumped from 2-4 to 7-11 weeks. Something must be happening.
It’s for the exact reason that is a bit obvious: the delivery estimates were reduced to push through as many orders as possible for end of quarter numbers so that only their production capacity is the limiting factor in how many complete delivery by end of quarter. Now that they’ve pulled in enough orders from people who were only hesitating because of long lead times (myself included), the estimates now match reality. If I get an update on my order that mine won’t arrive until later in October, I’ll probably cancel and just jump in some day in the future.

• Disagree
Reactions: garu and stlclint
It looks like it’s why specify, so I wouldn’t think it would be Panasonic related. If there was a battery hold up I would think Model 3 would get limited to pull a little more cash out of everyone from the higher trim only Y options.

So, I was planning to get a Model Y towards the end of the year - I don't want it sooner. It feels like I should order now, but if delivery estimates fall back down to a shorter time period, will I be able to delay my delivery until December?

Why is everyone acting surprised here? We already knew the Fremont factory focused on EU at the beginning of Q4, and works on NA at the end of the quarter.

The timer reset because they're no longer taking Q3 orders. If anyone gets a card in early October its probably a delivery reject from September.

It’s for the exact reason that is a bit obvious: the delivery estimates were reduced to push through as many orders as possible for end of quarter numbers so that only their production capacity is the limiting factor in how many complete delivery by end of quarter. Now that they’ve pulled in enough orders from people who were only hesitating because of long lead times (myself included), the estimates now match reality. If I get an update on my order that mine won’t arrive until later in October, I’ll probably cancel and just jump in some day in the future.

I figure I am/was in the middle of the current rush. Not counting the pre-order. Just counting the last several months. I'm picking mine up today, 2 days shy of exactly a month. Or in this case, 4 weeks to the day from order. And I was seeing quite a few people ordering after me and getting deliveries before me. So I don't think they low-balled the estimate back then. Of course there were those who waited months, but if you look at the spreadsheet, most of the deliveries by far fall in 4-6 week range.

As a 7 seat reservation holder from 2019 I am hoping this is related to the switch to production of the 3rd row Ys! This is purely a guess but with the implementation of the new casting machine and Elon's mention that 7 seat Ys will start shipping at beginning of Q4 the time line seems to match up....