Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue LR Tow black interior Gemini no FSD. Profile completed 7/10 last week EDD was 10/15-11/4 bumped up to 10/13-10/24 on Monday.
White LR. OD/profile 7/9. Orange County, CA. Same happened to me with a Nov EDD update last week, then it changed to 10/13-10/23 on Monday. Just got my VIN (MF284xxx) and EDD immediately updated to 10/14-10/18.

I think there is a batch of blues being made next week! We’re getting vins in about 4-5 days. Guarantee it! 🙌
I honestly don’t know how much merrit this batch production has. I work down the street from the Fremont plant and have the delivery trucks parked near my office every day and have yet to see one with all the same color. Nor have I seen a cluster of a color in the loading lot when I drive by it.

I honestly don’t know how much merrit this batch production has. I work down the street from the Fremont plant and have the delivery trucks parked near my office every day and have yet to see one with all the same color. Nor have I seen a cluster of a color in the loading lot when I drive by it.
Interesting! I just see a few people with blue's and same EDD ranges and order dates, so was assuming. Hahaha. although I have seen a few of us with similar EDD's and OD's with different colours. IDK... I just want my car! hahaha:p

That's good information to have. Not many have the ability to see what is being loaded. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: MTBevrider
I’m curious… I ordered on 7/16, completed my profile that day. MYLR, midnight Silver exterior, white interior, 19” Gemini Wheels, 5 seater with a tow hitch. About a week ago, my EDD went from October (no date) to Feb 07 - Mar 07.

Anyone else who ordered and completed their profile in mid July have an EDD out that far still? My sales person says not to worry about EDD, but I’m not sure how long I should trust that and just wait…
OMG. So after a week of having a Feb 07 - Mar 07 EDD, my sales associate just indicated that although my order was placed on July 16th, my profile wasn't completed until October!!!!

Here's the kicker, I didn't do anything in October other than call them to find out why I didn't have an EDD. On Oct 1st, one of the agents told me that on their side they hadn't confirmed my lien holder for my 3rd party loan, so he clicked the button to confirm it.

I have called and emailed my sales person, and the 800-number several times between my order date in July and now, and they ALL, every single one of them, told me that my profile was complete and everything looked good with my order.

So because of a task that was incomplete on the Tesla side, something I didn't have any visibility into, my order is delayed by 5 months?

Anyone have any luck trying to escalate beyond their local sales team?

Reactions: SpaceShipDrvr
OMG. So after a week of having a Feb 07 - Mar 07 EDD, my sales associate just indicated that although my order was placed on July 16th, my profile wasn't completed until October!!!!

Here's the kicker, I didn't do anything in October other than call them to find out why I didn't have an EDD. On Oct 1st, one of the agents told me that on their side they hadn't confirmed my lien holder for my 3rd party loan, so he clicked the button to confirm it.

I have called and emailed my sales person, and the 800-number several times between my order date in July and now, and they ALL, every single one of them, told me that my profile was complete and everything looked good with my order.

So because of a task that was incomplete on the Tesla side, something I didn't have any visibility into, my order is delayed by 5 months?

If you get a sympathetic and proactive SA, you can ask them to match you to an inventory vehicle in the same config. They often see inventory before it's posted publicly and can snag it. I've seen it been done for a few folks and you definitely have a very valid case for getting one sooner. Sucks that this happened, especially when you've done the due diligence to confirm everything required was done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just4Dave

How can you tell when your profile was completed?

So I just received a called from my local sales office... I saw "Tesla" on my caller ID and thought "oh *sugar*, here we go!!!". I was so excited. My SA was super cool but basically tells me that they need to re-run my credit report (758 credit score) because my last had expired) They originally ran it on 7/11, then again on 10/08, and now again 10/14. I am so frustrated with the process. I have hit my due date 3 times and am now into it again.

Pray for me and my endurance. Good luck to us all

Reactions: Ladybugn
So I just received a called from my local sales office... I saw "Tesla" on my caller ID and thought "oh *sugar*, here we go!!!". I was so excited. My SA was super cool but basically tells me that they need to re-run my credit report (758 credit score) because my last had expired) They originally ran it on 7/11, then again on 10/08, and now again 10/14. I am so frustrated with the process. I have hit my due date 3 times and am now into it again.

Your SA should be able to convert it to cash and then once you get the blue button they can switch it back to loan, boy the amount of times credit scores have been hit this year for people with extending EDDs must be nuts. Mine got hit twice till i switched to cash and now taking delivery next week, switched to loan all went through smooth.

@Just4Dave Hang in there. I'm also in Torrance, exact same build as you, ordered 4 days before you (7/7). I started getting call from my SA (mine is Matt, who is yours? Probably the same Del Amo location) on Tuesday. I asked if I was getting close, he wouldn't really say, but I ended up getting my VIN yesterday! So, if you're getting calls to update info, that's probably a good sign!

Reactions: RichAuntie444
@Just4Dave Hang in there. I'm also in Torrance, exact same build as you, ordered 4 days before you (7/7). I started getting call from my SA (mine is Matt, who is yours? Probably the same Del Amo location) on Tuesday. I asked if I was getting close, he wouldn't really say, but I ended up getting my VIN yesterday! So, if you're getting calls to update info, that's probably a good sign!
That is so reassuring to hear... thank you!

Reactions: RichAuntie444
How did you get notified of your VIN??