Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White MYLR w/black interior

Ordered 7/29 with initial estimate of "November"
7/31-8/1 December
8/2-8/7 No EDD
8/7-8/9 December
8/10 Oct 26-Nov 15
This morning the EDD changed to 10/30-11/19 but I put my order on hold today. :(

I decided to wait until February. I'm not trading in my X1 (gonna need an extra car next year) I decided it was silly to be making payments on two cars when it's not needed. BMW gets paid off in January so the new toy can wait until then.

This morning the EDD changed to 10/30-11/19 but I put my order on hold today. :(

I decided to wait until February. I'm not trading in my X1 (gonna need an extra car next year) I decided it was silly to be making payments on two cars when it's not needed. BMW gets paid off in January so the new toy can wait until then.
How did you go about officially putting your order on hold? I don’t have an SA. I’ve heard from no one. Right NJSP mine is saying 11/2 - 11/22. With those dates it would make more sense to wait and see if it’s a Giga Tesla build with the better batteries etc.

Ordered 7/27 - MYLR, Red with Black interior, 19” Gemini Wheels, 5-Seater, No Tow and No FSD. Website initially said November. Checked on 8/02 and it changed to December. Looked again today and it still says December.

Odd how some people get theirs rather quickly, while others with similar specs have to wait so long. My sis-in-law lives in West LA and she ordered in early March this year and got it 10 days later. She has a MYLR, MSM with Black interior, 5-seater Inductions, Tow and No FSD. Another friend who lives one city over (Lomita, CA) ordered on June 23 and got it on Friday, August 6. She has a MYLR, Blue with Black, 5 seater, Geminis, No Tow and No FSD. Based on their experiences, they both think mine will come sometime in September, but I highly doubt it.
Checked this morning and my EDD changed from “December” to “October 30 - November 19”.

How did you go about officially putting your order on hold? I don’t have an SA. I’ve heard from no one. Right NJSP mine is saying 11/2 - 11/22. With those dates it would make more sense to wait and see if it’s a Giga Tesla build with the better batteries etc.
You can call any Tesla store and have them help you with that.

Also, please note that even though it comes from GigaTexas, the batteries will not be in the first batch, and you are probably looking at mid-2022 for that newer battery (if everything goes to plan). From their earnings call and reports from Elon, they have engineering issues with making the batties (something to do with the rollers). And like any new line production, do you really want the first batch? If not, you are looking at a 2023 date. That is the issue; the more you wait, the longer you actually have the car you want. Since they are sticking with the same frame, I would also assume that you can upgrade to the newer battery later down the road, but completely down to the driver and their needs. I personally would not wait, especially if the price wants to go up more, and the reason I say that is because we are at the original Model Y price now (when first released); they do not need to drop it whatsoever, even if parts cost less for them, does not mean we will see those savings. Final note: if Tesla somehow gets added to the Tax break, you would also possibly lose that. Just things to take into consideration.

I see it this way, if you do NOT need the car this very second, stop checking and wait for the text when it is ready, so you do not torture yourself. Also, if you are trading in a car...frankly, you will not see a better time. I'm just watching my Chevy Spark jump another $700. I bought this sucker new 2021 for $14200, and it is now worth nearly $18000, but as always, your results may vary. I wanted to share my thoughts cause I would hate for you to miss out on driving an amazing car, but if you already have one, well, you are sitting fine lol this is going to be my first but driven many, and I need it in my life :D

You can call any Tesla store and have them help you with that.

Also, please note that even though it comes from GigaTexas, the batteries will not be in the first batch, and you are probably looking at mid-2022 for that newer battery (if everything goes to plan). From their earnings call and reports from Elon, they have engineering issues with making the batties (something to do with the rollers). And like any new line production, do you really want the first batch? If not, you are looking at a 2023 date. That is the issue; the more you wait, the longer you actually have the car you want. Since they are sticking with the same frame, I would also assume that you can upgrade to the newer battery later down the road, but completely down to the driver and their needs. I personally would not wait, especially if the price wants to go up more, and the reason I say that is because we are at the original Model Y price now (when first released); they do not need to drop it whatsoever, even if parts cost less for them, does not mean we will see those savings. Final note: if Tesla somehow gets added to the Tax break, you would also possibly lose that. Just things to take into consideration.

I see it this way, if you do NOT need the car this very second, stop checking and wait for the text when it is ready, so you do not torture yourself. Also, if you are trading in a car...frankly, you will not see a better time. I'm just watching my Chevy Spark jump another $700. I bought this sucker new 2021 for $14200, and it is now worth nearly $18000, but as always, your results may vary. I wanted to share my thoughts cause I would hate for you to miss out on driving an amazing car, but if you already have one, well, you are sitting fine lol this is going to be my first but driven many, and I need it in my life :D
Any assumption regarding the possibility of a battery upgrade after initial purchase is highly suspect.
Such an upgrade has NEVER BEEN OFFERED. The battery packs don't get replaced unless extraordinary circumstances demand it.
Further, the use of a structural battery pack in the MY v2.0 might preclude any possibility, not enable it. No one outside Tesla engineering knows.

Pricing is likely to GO UP, partly due to demand, partly due to supply, and especially if the Infrastructure Bill(s) provide tax rebates/credits/POS discounts. Unknown.
But witness college tuition - it rose with Student Loan availability. Tesla isn't stupid, and has TWO FACTORIES to pay for.....

Good advice on the STOP CHECKING.

MY TIME HAS COME!!! THE BIG BLUE BUTTON VIN CAME IN THIS MORNING!!! EDD CHANGED TO 8/14 - 8/18!!!

It's been quite a rollercoaster but those who are on this journey, keep holding on and your time will come.

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

Modified on 7/9:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28