Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered the same day, and I have the exact same EDD now.

And the last 4 days it has shifted back one day for every passing day. (not that unusual based on seeing others experiences)

But the daily changes (compared to the infrequent updates earlier) seems to be indicate they are doing something to rejigger their EDD predictor system.
The delivery date now shows "October". Hopefully for you too. I am hoping desperately that the Texas factory starts production soon, and pulls the delivery window to September.

Reactions: Suhleese
I'm happy to report I got GOOD news this afternoon... my VIN has been assigned! And my Sept 11-25 EDD window has changed to Sept 11-13. I only know this from obsessively visiting my online account a few times a day... no contact from Tesla SA's.

Wondering if I should contact my insurance now that I have a VIN number, just to get that step out of the way... or wait to hear from Tesla in some official communication. Any advice?

I'm happy to report I got GOOD news this afternoon... my VIN has been assigned! And my Sept 11-25 EDD window has changed to Sept 11-13. I only know this from obsessively visiting my online account a few times a day... no contact from Tesla SA's.

Wondering if I should contact my insurance now that I have a VIN number, just to get that step out of the way... or wait to hear from Tesla in some official communication. Any advice?
Congratulations !! what is your OD?

Congrats! what was your OD and configuration? I have same EDD 9/10-9/25. A VIN would be exciting.

Reactions: larryfromtexas

Yes, in Texas Tesla needs you to upload the full pdf for your Texas Insurance Card including with the VIN. Tesla cannot request temporary tags/registration for your car without it. I did ours with the effective date set as the start date for the EDD range. I did eventually get a text message from Tesla that the effective date needed to be no later than Sep 3 (1 day before my earliest EDD date and 4 days before my scheduled delivery). I suppose the earlier date is just in case the delivery is moved earlier.

Congrats! what was your OD and configuration? I have same EDD 9/10-9/25. A VIN would be exciting.
July 6. Long range with black interior, 19" wheels, no tow hitch, five seats, autopilot only... blue was my only "indulgence" #teamblue

and I hope many get VIN's today! I looked at the spreadsheet thing on this site and updated my info... only 3 VIN's today. I understand that is only for those who participate but I still feel lucky.

Reactions: telsasan
Yes, in Texas Tesla needs you to upload the full pdf for your Texas Insurance Card including with the VIN. Tesla cannot request temporary tags/registration for your car without it. I did ours with the effective date set as the start date for the EDD range. I did eventually get a text message from Tesla that the effective date needed to be no later than Sep 3 (1 day before my earliest EDD date and 4 days before my scheduled delivery). I suppose the earlier date is just in case the delivery is moved earlier.
Is the insurance good for 30 days? Is that right? I have heard that once you get your VIN it's probably in the following two weeks you can expect delivery. If that is true, that would be prior to the Sept 11-13 window I have now.

July 6. Long range with black interior, 19" wheels, no tow hitch, five seats, autopilot only... blue was my only "indulgence" #teamblue

and I hope many get VIN's today! I looked at the spreadsheet thing on this site and updated my info... only 3 VIN's today. I understand that is only for those who participate but I still feel lucky.
Nice !! I am 3 days before you White/White with Tow as the only indulgence. Just got pushed to Oct - 19 - Nov 08 .. oh well.