Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats., I see a VIN coming your way soon. I'm jealous as my EDD window has never been less than 20 days, since June 4th. Tomorrow will be day 90 since OD.

EDD Update for today: 9/3 - 9/15. Range is finally less than 20 days...Imma choose to see that as a positive thing. šŸ˜

I hope you both get vins soon!! I must admit, Iā€™m starting to get a little bummed out that my EDD has been pushed back past the original estimate. I know itā€˜s common But Iā€™m still bummed.ā€¦ Iā€™m still hopeful for an EOQ delivery. My EDD sat around 18-23 of September for the longest time. Last month, I had a 1 day window for a few days.ā€¦ Such a bummerā€¦.

I am in northern Virginia. Ordered on 6/13, home delivery scheduled for this Friday 9/3

LR, white/white

Got insurance and paid in full. Just called Tesla to confirm - was told that my car was manufactured on 8/18/2021. Hopefully they will not move my delivery date!

Interesting reminder from the advisor - there is a risk that the car may get paint chips on its way for home delivery. Shall I change to pick up from the showroom?

I hope you both get vins soon!! I must admit, Iā€™m starting to get a little bummed out that my EDD has been pushed back past the original estimate. I know itā€˜s common But Iā€™m still bummed.ā€¦ Iā€™m still hopeful for an EOQ delivery. My EDD sat around 18-23 of September for the longest time. Last month, I had a 1 day window for a few days.ā€¦ Such a bummerā€¦.
EDDs are soo weird! You would think that your 18-23 range and that 1-day window would have resulted in a VIN and delivery. We're only at the beginning of September...a lot can happen and you can still squeeze in there. My fingers are crossed for all still waiting past the expected wait especially the still outstanding orders from April & May.

Reactions: MTBevrider
I am in northern Virginia. Ordered on 6/13, home delivery scheduled for this Friday 9/3

LR, white/white

Got insurance and paid in full. Just called Tesla to confirm - was told that my car was manufactured on 8/18/2021. Hopefully they will not move my delivery date!

Interesting reminder from the advisor - there is a risk that the car may get paint chips on its way for home delivery. Shall I change to pick up from the showroom?
Congrats!!! When did you get a VIN? I ordered three days after you and still don't have a VIN. EDD 9/4-9/23.

Our delivery that was scheduled for Mon (Sep 6) at 10am was just pushed back by Tesla due to shipping delays to Sep 11.

Tesla indicated that this transit delay is affecting a large number of Teslas. Our MYP is shipping from Fremont to Dallas by train and then on to Austin by truck. Have others in Texas or elsewhere that had confirmed deliveries for this coming week, getting similar updates pushing back their deliveries?

Reactions: MTBevrider
After a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to come back to provide an update.. In the time since getting my VIN over a month ago.. it was unmatched so I immediately called my delivery center (Buena Park) and asked for a status. After talking to them, I was re-matched the same day to a new VIN, They were able to high prioritize a new VIN for me. The SA I talked to was really helpful and understanding!

They couldn't specify what went wrong with my previous vehicle as it was not assigned to someone else. I know of one other person on this forum this has happened to, hope this helps anyone else with this problem! stay sane!šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:
Yes, in Texas Tesla needs you to upload the full pdf for your Texas Insurance Card including with the VIN. Tesla cannot request temporary tags/registration for your car without it. I did ours with the effective date set as the start date for the EDD range. I did eventually get a text message from Tesla that the effective date needed to be no later than Sep 3 (1 day before my earliest EDD date and 4 days before my scheduled delivery). I suppose the earlier date is just in case the delivery is moved earlier.

This is a question particularly for Texans...

Today Tesla reached out asking for one more odometer photo for my trade in, and things appear to be getting serious now. That seemed acceptable to them and I was notified that I would receive a FedEx package with documents regarding my trade in for me to sign, etc. I was asked to make final payment through my Tesla account using an ACH (through my bank) or a wire transfer. I asked if I could bring a certified check with me to delivery (as indicated as acceptable on the Tesla website), but have not received a reply.

Is this a Texas thing? Pay in advance? And obviously a Tesla/Texas thing, since I have paid for many a car in this state with a personal check or a certified bank check...at the dealership. Thoughts?

This is a question particularly for Texans...

Today Tesla reached out asking for one more odometer photo for my trade in, and things appear to be getting serious now. That seemed acceptable to them and I was notified that I would receive a FedEx package with documents regarding my trade in for me to sign, etc. I was asked to make final payment through my Tesla account using an ACH (through my bank) or a wire transfer. I asked if I could bring a certified check with me to delivery (as indicated as acceptable on the Tesla website), but have not received a reply.

Is this a Texas thing? Pay in advance? And obviously a Tesla/Texas thing, since I have paid for many a car in this state with a personal check or a certified bank check...at the dealership. Thoughts?
They are not allowed to take payment at delivery, as far as I know, due to the dealership laws here

This thread is painful to read. MYLR, midnight silver, black interior, hitch, 20 induction wheels.

ordered 6/7, completed profile quickly. Metro Detroit.

EDD had August, then narrowed to a small September window. Switched to October over the weekend, and now says Dec 16-Jan 5. Tesla delivery team had been texting me in early July, but now wonā€™t respond. Anyone have any ideas?

I had a 2018 Model S that I unloaded in May prior to my order. Donā€™t need the car, but I am starting to miss the electric life.

This thread is painful to read. MYLR, midnight silver, black interior, hitch, 20 induction wheels.

ordered 6/7, completed profile quickly. Metro Detroit.

EDD had August, then narrowed to a small September window. Switched to October over the weekend, and now says Dec 16-Jan 5. Tesla delivery team had been texting me in early July, but now wonā€™t respond. Anyone have any ideas?

I had a 2018 Model S that I unloaded in May prior to my order. Donā€™t need the car, but I am starting to miss the electric life.
I have had better luck calling Tesla rather than text or email. Today I called the Fort Worth "gallery" number, but after a phone tree menu the live person I talked to was in a call center, and not in Texas. I introduced myself and he had my account pulled up while I asked my first question. He was very nice, made notes in my file for delivery, and answered several questions. He was pretty dang knowledgable about different states' requirements as well, which was very useful. He even confirmed my truck arrival as Sept 10, confirming my EDD window of Sept 11-13 as "very accurate." It is nice to have a conversation with someone that helps you in real time.

Reactions: chand

LR, white/white

I am very happy to hear you getting your delivery this Friday. I am in Northern Virginia as well. Weā€™re you able to get free 1000 miles by using a referral code because my SA told me Virginia does. It allow that.

I have had better luck calling Tesla rather than text or email. Today I called the Fort Worth "gallery" number, but after a phone tree menu the live person I talked to was in a call center, and not in Texas. I introduced myself and he had my account pulled up while I asked my first question. He was very nice, made notes in my file for delivery, and answered several questions. He was pretty dang knowledgable about different states' requirements as well, which was very useful. He even confirmed my truck arrival as Sept 10, confirming my EDD window of Sept 11-13 as "very accurate." It is nice to have a conversation with someone that helps you in real time.
Planning on it tomorrow! I hadnā€™t been stressing too much as my EDD was nearing. Then it jumped to Dec and I read this whole thread wondering if it happened to others, which got me a bit fired up. I figured I would let a nights sleep calm me down.

Reactions: larryfromtexas
After a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to come back to provide an update.. In the time since getting my VIN over a month ago.. it was unmatched so I immediately called my delivery center (Buena Park) and asked for a status. After talking to them, I was re-matched the same day to a new VIN, They were able to high prioritize a new VIN for me. The SA I talked to was really helpful and understanding!

They couldn't specify what went wrong with my previous vehicle as it was not assigned to someone else. I know of one other person on this forum this has happened to, hope this helps anyone else with this problem! stay sane!šŸ¤Ŗ
Congrats! I'm glad you got re-matched so quickly

I was unmatched a month ago. They didn't share what went wrong, even though I repeatedly asked. Anyway my delivery was put on a "high-priority" list... and 29 days later I'm still VIN-less. But I'm hopeful of getting a car soon

Reactions: AlB3
Congrats! I'm glad you got re-matched so quickly

I was unmatched a month ago. They didn't share what went wrong, even though I repeatedly asked. Anyway my delivery was put on a "high-priority" list... and 29 days later I'm still VIN-less. But I'm hopeful of getting a car soon
Oh man similar situation but still no VIN? Iā€™m sorry! They need to give you one ASAP! I would call again and bug them but thatā€™s just me šŸ™ƒ