Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Avenue is a two block long street, just west of Tufts University, in Medford MA.

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.09.53 PM.png

Reactions: lulu2 and PaulNY
Ordered 7/18 | MYLR | 5 Seater | Deep Blue Metallic | White Interior | 20" Wheels | No Tow | No FSD

EDD moved from Oct 19 - Nov 8 to Nov 1 - Nov 29.

It was a 20 day window, now its a 28 day window further out. Is that a bad sign?

I'm in Miami so I assumed the distance from Fremont factory would delay my order a little vs someone on the West coast but didn't expect it to delay this much!

Any other Miami/Florida orders have the same thing happen?

Ordered 7/18 | MYLR | 5 Seater | Deep Blue Metallic | White Interior | 20" Wheels | No Tow | No FSD

EDD moved from Oct 19 - Nov 8 to Nov 1 - Nov 29.

It was a 20 day window, now its a 28 day window further out. Is that a bad sign?

I'm in Miami so I assumed the distance from Fremont factory would delay my order a little vs someone on the West coast but didn't expect it to delay this much!

Any other Miami/Florida orders have the same thing happen?
I’m in CA and my Edd went from 10/15 - 11/5 to 10/20 - 11/3, to now 10/24 - 11/21 all with the last week.

I placed my order on 7/29/2021 (Model Y LR, tow, FSD). When I ordered Elon had tweeted Model Y from Austin would use 4680 cells from day one, I figured FSD price might go up after the upcoming AI day, and that I had waited long enough to collect any federal rebate that might pass.
  • EDD: End of November when order placed.
  • EDD: Slipped to late December, early January a while later.
  • EDD: Disappeared. Disappeared. Disappeared.
  • EDD: I stopped watching, but looked yesterday, and now it is March 03 - March 31.
I was surprised by the March date, and even more surprised when I checked the forum and saw many individuals reporting VINs. That is also when I saw references like these:
OMG. So after a week of having a Feb 07 - Mar 07 EDD, my sales associate just indicated that although my order was placed on July 16th, my profile wasn't completed until October!!!!

I think it needs to be widely disseminated that one should always choose cash when you order, and once you have your VIN, then you call an SA to change it to loan, and then work on the loan (credit check, quotes etc). Hopefully, you dont have any issues.

Mine is a cash order. I promptly filled out everything EXCEPT trade-in. I had not decided about trade-in, and figured there was no rush since any trade-in offer would expire before November anyway. I frankly would normally prefer not to trade-in. However, I live in NH and will have to pickup my Tesla in NJ. Getting to NJ quickly and cheaply from NH without driving looks very difficult, a strong argument to trade-in my 2009 Honda CRV instead of selling locally.

I texted my rep, who gave me boiler plate about Tesla will get me a car when they have a car. I specifically asked if I should complete Trade-In task. He said yes, and that we could change it if I changed my mind before delivery.

So I started the trade-in task. However, I could not "Submit" because the car was rear ended at low speed almost a decade ago. The other driver's insurance paid for a full repair. However, that means I cannot "certify" that the car has never been in an accident. So I clicked the Contact Us link. As I write this I am waiting for Tesla to contact me about trade-in value. If they don't get back to me soon, I may select NO, then perhaps change it after I get a VIN.

Ironically, after Tesla indicated they might not ship initial Austin builds with 4680 cells, I had been debating postponing delivery till March anyway. Though I don't want it to slip past March. With yesterday's earnings call saying 4680s early in 2022 if not delayed by unknown unknowns, I think I am comfortable with the March date. I just don't want it to slip past March.

Scheduled appt for pickup for tmrw! 😁

Just an FYI: You won't always be notified of your VIN or delivery/pick up date.
Saw my VIN on my account 10/15, no email/text/call from anyone about it. 2 days later, my EDD disappeared but my VIN was still there. 2 days after that, I log into my account and see that an appointment was already made for me to pickup my car. I couldn't make the date THEY GAVE ME, so I contacted my SA and she was able to push it a day forward. If I hadn't logged into my account, I wouldn't have known about the appointment AND I probably would have lost my MY without knowing it and get delayed into 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: dualmotor
Scheduled appt for pickup for tmrw! 😁

Just an FYI: You won't always be notified of your VIN or delivery/pick up date.
Saw my VIN on my account 10/15, no email/text/call from anyone about it. 2 days later, my EDD disappeared but my VIN was still there. 2 days after that, I log into my account and see that an appointment was already made for me to pickup my car. I couldn't make the date THEY GAVE ME, so I contacted my SA and she was able to push it a day forward. If I hadn't logged into my account, I wouldn't have known about the appointment AND I probably would have lost my MY without knowing it and get delayed into 2022.
And this is why everyone refreshes a hundred times a day. :)