Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are kind of out-of-luck. Right before we placed the order in July, Tesla increased model Y's price by $1000. AND right before we pick up Model Y in Nov, the CA reward was down from $1500 to $750. Sigh... :-(
I know, I was very bummed about it but right now the best thing we can hope for is the EV tax credit but that doesn't even play in our favor... what luck!

• Funny
Reactions: Falcon73
OD 7/26, MYLR, Blue/WH, 19”, Original EDD 10-12 No VIN yet. Pickup location: Cherry Hill,NJ

Original EDD 10/12

Changes:

11/01 - 11/14

11/13-12/11,

12/13-12/31

And now its shows 11/16-11/25..

Hopefully it arrives by then...
Have your reached out to your SA? Mine texted me last week and told me I should be getting a VIN soon and that he will be watching my account. My EDD updated today to November 16-27. Its never been that tight.

Picked up MY this morning. Ordered 7/6 white/black all standard. VERY important tip, make sure you open trunk door OUTSIDE of your garage and adjust the height before moving in. Mine came about 1 in from hitting the door on top, almost gave me the heart attack. Besides that all is good. Oh the frunk suck at closing. I don’t know who designed that but it took me about 10 tries to try closing it properly and also afraid I might be making a dent on the hood. That’s one bad design.
Wish the frunk was powered. Would happily pay extra for that. Seems like it would be an easy option for them to add.

You can buy a powered frunk kit but I’m not sure I want to hassle with installing myself.

Why doesn't it start from 5YJ?

To anyone who delayed delivery how long was it until you received another VIN?
I refused delivery of my first assigned VIN due to transportation damage and was told at the time it could take weeks or months for another VIN. Two days later I received a new VIN. It all depends on your configuration and what is being produced. I sense with so many customers holding their orders for a 2022 version, a new VIN will become quickly available for deliveries in Nov and Dec.

Order date 7/31/2021 MYLR/White/White/5 seat/no tow/no FSD.
Ordered in Dallas, picking up in Superior, CO.
VIN TODAY!!! 7SAYGDEE5NF31XXXX
Congratulation, Your model Y looks to be the first 2022 VIN's reported. Bummer, I was trying to hold our for a 2022 VIN, but take delivery of my Model Y today with a M 36XXX (2021) VIN. I should have held out a few more weeks. Your VIN is interesting and makes me wonder if it could be coming from the Texas gigafactory, rather than Fremont? I'm sure others will be able to decipher the VIN to determine where it was made. Please keep us posted on the delivery and build quality of this 2022 model.

Congratulation, Your model Y looks to be the first 2022 VIN's reported. Bummer, I was trying to hold our for a 2022 VIN, but take delivery of my Model Y today with a M 36XXX (2021) VIN. I should have held out a few more weeks. Your VIN is interesting and makes me wonder if it could be coming from the Texas gigafactory, rather than Fremont? I'm sure others will be able to decipher the VIN to determine where it was made. Please keep us posted on the delivery and build quality of this 2022 model.
It is from Fremont, as designated by the F after the N. F = Fremont. N = 2022 model year vs M = 2021. Texas will have A for Austin instead of F for Fremont. As for the weird VIN numbers, for 2022 Tesla has changed their designation. They now group Model 3 and S together (sedans) and that starts with 5YJ and have grouped Model Y/X together as SUV or more technically, MPV (Multi-purpose vehicle?) and starts with 7SA. I think they may be doing this for possible upcoming tax credit that has limits on price of sedan and SUV.

Reactions: Falcon73
Spoke with someone at Tesla Springfield NJ he said he does not recommend holding off on delivery. Because you don't know if your next VIN will be 2022 He said today he only saw 1 2022 VIN come in today. Also said there is no difference between the models and told me the exact date mine was built. Basically it's just a number that will not affect anything because it was built late.

Miami
MYLR - Blue/White/Induction/Tow
Ordered July 26
VIN October 21
Delivery Date Nov 7

Rejected Delivery until after January 1st in hopes of tax credit.

Are many doing this?
Will they honor price?
Puts me in Q how far out!?
Thoughts !?

Miami
MYLR - Blue/White/Induction/Tow
Ordered July 26
VIN October 21
Delivery Date Nov 7

Rejected Delivery until after January 1st in hopes of tax credit.

Are many doing this?
Will they honor price?
Puts me in Q how far out!?
Thoughts !?
I see people doing this but is this credit 100% approved? This is a big risk. If you don't need the car now then I guess I don't see a problem taking the chance.

Ordered MYP Blue - Tow - Black on Sat Oct 30. Just got an email saying they are ready to deliver 11/3 - 11/7! "M" in VIN so it's a 2021. Not sure if I'll accept it. Really odd it was avail so quickly. I'm guessing someone else didn't want the 21 either :). I'm in SLC, UT.