Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again my best advice is go see your SA. Don't just call.
Your issue is like mine, waiting for Tax Rebate clarification. (and sitting on a lower purchase price)
My SA was cool about the issue. He got my Hold pushed out to 12/31.
Thanks. I just spoke to one and he said since I have a VIN assigned I can do a 30 day hold. I asked him if he was certain that holds after VIN assignments were different than holds prior to VIN assignments and he said he didn't believe so. I asked if that meant I'd go to the back of the line again and he said there's a risk that could happen. I'd really hate to get an October 2022 delivery if I do this...

Thanks. I just spoke to one and he said since I have a VIN assigned I can do a 30 day hold. I asked him if he was certain that holds after VIN assignments were different than holds prior to VIN assignments and he said he didn't believe so. I asked if that meant I'd go to the back of the line again and he said there's a risk that could happen. I'd really hate to get an October 2022 delivery if I do this...

@rorysteward how did you request a 30 day hold? I am trying to get a ~10 day hold specifically for delivery of a Model Y (I've been assigned a VIN), and it's proving to be difficult.

@rorysteward how did you request a 30 day hold? I am trying to get a ~10 day hold specifically for delivery of a Model Y (I've been assigned a VIN), and it's proving to be difficult.
Hah no idea. I called - explained why I wanted to delay until Jan 1 - and he said "The best I can do for your is a 30 day hold." He was noncommittal about whether I'd get delivery soon after or would be pushed to the back of the line, so I told him I'd think about it can call back.

Reactions: mdchen3
Update: they're canceling my VIN and putting my order back in the queue. Kind of unbelievable, and not a great customer experience.

I spoke with a rep, and asked him "was there anything I could have done differently? Informed you of my travel plans, etc.?" He said: "Nooo we're all kind of just at the mercy of the manufacturing." And while he assured me that my order would likely be fulfilled soon ("within a month") he couldn't give me any certainty.

Morale of the story: Don't go on vacation. 🤦

A somewhat delayed delivery might actually be a benefit.
During the October earnings Call, MY V2.0 was described as starting to ship sometime in Q1 2022.
And not by Elon, by VP Manufacturing. So not an "Elon time" assessment.

Also, with Austin coming online in Q1, delivery lead times are likely to come down. Not immediately, but will improve.

All of which depends on your individual situation.

Can anyone here explain "touchless delivery". How touchless is this? Do I walk up and pick the blue car in the lot? Is there a big neon arrow pointing aty car with my name in lights? How do you get your keys? Is there really no one there to ask questions? Or is every dealer different? I think now that I am off the EDD rollercoaster I need something else to focus on. Hehehe

Can anyone here explain "touchless delivery". How touchless is this? Do I walk up and pick the blue car in the lot? Is there a big neon arrow pointing aty car with my name in lights? How do you get your keys? Is there really no one there to ask questions? Or is every dealer different? I think now that I am off the EDD rollercoaster I need something else to focus on. Hehehe

After signing all the agreements the day before delivery, you will be asked to make the final payment. About an hour before you take delivery, you will receive a text saying which parking space your car is in. Once you arrive, log in to your account and click accept delivery. You will then be granted access to your car with the key cards and all the registration info inside. You can inspect the car inside and out and log all the defects to schedule a service appointment. Hope it goes well for you, I found no flaws in my car at delivery.

7/1 OD, got my VIN last night and then window narrowed to 11/16-11/22 this morning. Received emails and texts about scheduling delivery. Was very depressing to call in and place the order on hold. Too close to the end of the year now, going to force myself to wait to see what happens with the tax credit.

Reactions: Driver08
just got my VIN (7/30 OD), with delivery as soon as Friday here in Atlanta. Guess I need to call Tesla and switch to a loan now...

Gray/black, 5 seat, FSD
ok, adding some more information for all of you...

7/30 original order date, November expected delivery
September - EDD changed to 12/2-12/28, stayed that way for months
11/14- EDD changed to 11/29-12/13
11/16 - received VIN
11/17 - scheduled deliver for 11/24