TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Delivery Walkthrough Tips? What to check, test and watchout for?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by REBroker, Jan 3, 2015.

1. REBroker

REBroker Member

Is there a thread for tips regarding what to check on your car before taking delivery? The obvious list would include making sure all options are correct and that the paint looks good, etc., but I would think having a complete list would be beneficial. I searched and couldn't find one, a lot of noise when searching for "Delivery Walkthrough".

Thanks.

2. jpet

jpet Jan P.

Hi REBroker,

You might be in for a surprise but you can find more than you wished for :wink: here:
    Delivery Checklist and Owners Guide Google Doc for your use | Forums | Tesla Motors
    Model S Delivery Checklist and Owners Guide - Google Docs

3. REBroker

REBroker Member

Amazing! Thanks for the links. Way more than I bargained for but quite pleased :)

4. HG_UK

HG_UK New Member

Hi all, does anyone know of updated resources for checks on delivery, with Tesla continually improving so much has changed are people seeing different snags on delivery?

No delivery date yet but really excited!!!

• Informative x 1
  5. Bebop

Bebop Member

Is there an updated version? That's from 2014.

6. charlesh

charlesh New Member

I am amazed at how easy people put up with having detailed checklists and expect some detail to be wrong on the car and then thinks it's so great that Tesla will note everything and fix... they are missing the point: it should be perfect from day 1.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tesla and have one on order, but this is ridiculous.

7. stan23

stan23 Member

I'm going to tell you right now. Your car will not be perfect on delivery day.

8. charlesh

charlesh New Member

You missed my point: Tesla is fortunate enough to have a unique product that enthusiats Forgive them such things like delivery inspections). This is unlike any of the premium german brands in the same pricerange.

Delivery inspections should not be considered "normal"

9. stan23

stan23 Member

I understand your point and I agree.

I guess I will give them a pass because it is a new car company. But yeah, finding issues on my new car is not the greatest feeling in the world.

10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

The X checklist is updated often... see the OP in this thread; some points aren't relevant to an S, of course, but most of the car is the same nuts and bolts!

Edit: Actually, don't see the OP, look at the end and work backwards.. new version are posted inline... late-july (2017) is the 'current' one

Model X Delivery Checklist