Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery without USB-C ports and wireless phone charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long before delivery date did the ‘missing parts’ text arrive? I pick up on 15th
I had a phone call a 3 days before collection checking if I was still ok to collect as scheduled. I asked if the USB-C ports present and was advised they were. He said there would have been a note on the system to say otherwise.

On collection day I got a text @ 10.30am saying front ports and wireless charging functionality may not be available. Collected the car at 1pm and service centre advised ports were there and I shouldn't have gotten the text. Must just be a blanket text going to everyone collecting cars.

Reactions: jmj196
My LR was delivered yesterday and although I didn't get a text, the front USB-C ports & wireless charger are missing.

This is on an AK71* registered car picked up from Southampton.

As it's a private lease I still don't have the car available on the app, but as soon as it is, I will be logging a request to get them installed!

I had a phone call a 3 days before collection checking if I was still ok to collect as scheduled. I asked if the USB-C ports present and was advised they were. He said there would have been a note on the system to say otherwise.

On collection day I got a text @ 10.30am saying front ports and wireless charging functionality may not be available. Collected the car at 1pm and service centre advised ports were there and I shouldn't have gotten the text. Must just be a blanket text going to everyone collecting cars.
Yes sounds like Tesla not 100% sure, test is a catch all.

It's very much looking like all the UK deliveries do have the USB C ports in the front. So the real issue is actually the message.

There is a definite USA bias in Tesla, for obvious reasons - forgetting to provide an option to swap the latest headlights between driving on the right/left is one example. So I can very easily see that the USA team are sending these messages out globally when they should not have.

Best advice I can give for anyone concerned, email / phone Tesla and ask if it does actually apply to their delivery or not. Hopefully that will clear the matter up.

Last edited:
I got text message 2 days before collection. Collected today but asked to check car over, specifically for this prior to proceeding with finance, trade in and so on, they were surprisingly fine with that, if a little surprised by my request. Gave me a decent chance to check car over and calm down somewhat before signing on the dotted line so to speak. The ports were there and wireless charging working as it happens.

As an aside (may post another post on this at some point), I felt more like a number than a customer than I ever have before with any car purchase, I guess thats Tesla and a sign of the times.

It's very much looking like all the UK deliveries do have the USB C ports in the front. So the real issue is actually the message.

There is a definite USA bias in Tesla, for obvious reasons - forgetting to provide an option to swap the latest headlights between driving on the right/left is one example. So I can very easily see that the USA team are sending these messages out globally when they should not have.

Best advice I can give for anyone concerned, email / phone Tesla and ask if it does actually apply to their delivery or not. Hopefully that will clear the matter up.
Couple things with this

It 100% effects UK deliveries as some users on this forum have collected in the UK today and yesterday and arrived to vehicles without front USB C ports and wireless charging.

Secondly, Tesla have absolutely no idea what cars have them and which cars don't until they are there Infront of them. Yes this is mental, you'd assume at the factory they could of tracked this and put some sort of note in against the VIN but alas, this is Tesla.

Eitherway all you can do is cross your fingers and see. It'll be rectified eventually if you're effected but we don't know when.

Reactions: Durzel
Well not really. Some people still posting on here that they aren't getting them included.

Do you still think its ok to send a vague text two days before delivery saying some of your car isn't finished? If you are then I'm a bit shocked to be honest.
It would be better obviously if they only notified those actually affected but I don’t find this catastrophic. I’m not cancelling my Model Y order…

Reactions: Js1977
As an aside (may post another post on this at some point), I felt more like a number than a customer than I ever have before with any car purchase, I guess thats Tesla and a sign of the times.

agree although I picked mine up during 2021 so they were socially distancing. Not sure it was much better before?

but then I prefer that to being stuck in a dealership for a couple of hours while the sales guy then the finance guy tries to fleece you over stupid extra stuff and reams of paper when you just want to pick up the car

agree although I picked mine up during 2021 so they were socially distancing. Not sure it was much better before?

but then I prefer that to being stuck in a dealership for a couple of hours while the sales guy then the finance guy tries to fleece you over stupid extra stuff and reams of paper when you just want to pick up the car

It was pretty good in 2019 during the second large batch of deliveries from West Drayton. Very memorable day, staff couldn't have been more helpful, lots of excited customers collecting after years of waiting on the reservation list, but we were not rushed and an attentive delivery colleague was happy for us to look at and learn about anything.

It took an hour 'do the paperwork' when collecting a Nissan Leaf, we were also given a fake pencil drawing of a Leaf with our numberplate for some reason.

The Tesla rep explained to me yesterday boats arrived in the UK with many cars having no USB/wireless and they have all the parts already and it has been a mad rush to fit them all in the UK ahead of delivery. But in most cases they are being installed in the UK - they left China without them!

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado and Mrklaw
My 3LR was delivered on Friday afternoon with no front USB-C ports or wireless charging. It's a slight inconvenience but I have no doubt Tesla will install them as soon as they can. With the current chip shortage I have no problem with this compared to BMW just removing items and delaying build dates, hence why I cancelled BMW and went with Tesla.

For what its worth, my SR+ in white delivery yesterday had all ports and wireless charger installed. I was chatting to one of the employees there who mentioned this seems to be the only issue they've seen so far on the Q4 batch. It'll be a quick 10min fit once they have them in stock.. excepted in December.