Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demo Model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A rep tried to sell me a demo Performance today with 600 miles and a $1600 discount. What seemed weird was he said you cannot look at Demo vehicles before delivery. Is this the norm? I know those 600 miles are hard stop light launch miles but if the vehicle is in new shape otherwise, I would consider it.

A rep tried to sell me a demo Performance today with 600 miles and a $1600 discount. What seemed weird was he said you cannot look at Demo vehicles before delivery. Is this the norm? I know those 600 miles are hard stop light launch miles but if the vehicle is in new shape otherwise, I would consider it.

I wonder if purchasing a demo would still be considered buying “new”? You’d lose the $3750 tax credit if it wasn’t, right?

There have been a number of these sold and I really haven't hear any issues. Since they are demo vehicles, they may have even been cherry picked off the lot to begin with.

While you can't inspect early, you should be able to reject the vehicle at delivery, just confirm that is the case.

Since it is a performance model (so MSRP of $60k or more) that is less than 3% discount. Not worth it in my opinion for the nagging feeling of your car being pushed hard by others before you. If they were to throw in EAP for free instead of the $1,600 then I would probably jump on it in a heartbeat :)

Honestly, I would ask for $3000 minimum off the car.

I explored this at the end of Q3 2018 crazy season... To try and save some money. The price discounts are all calculated by a formula (age/VIN age, miles, location etc.)... And it seems, like non-demo models, price is not negotiable... It's a take it or leave it price.

Pretty tiny discount.

I wouldn't worry so much about "wear/tear" of the motors and batteries though, they are pretty bullet proof and EVs don't have a break-in period like ICE cars.

I'd be a lot more worried about all of the random stranger farts in the seats than people launching it.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Will
Pretty tiny discount.

I wouldn't worry so much about "wear/tear" of the motors and batteries though, they are pretty bullet proof and EVs don't have a break-in period like ICE cars.

I'd be a lot more worried about all of the random stranger farts in the seats than people launching it.
Do the cars with the ventilated suction seats have higher resale for this very reason?

• Funny
Reactions: T-Will

I wouldn't ... it's like buying a rental car.

$1600 is better than what they offered me when I toyed with the idea of buying a demo with similar mileage. I think they were only giving around $500 off, this was last week. I purchased new instead. Figured since I was dropping some major coin on this car I may as well get brand new.

Reactions: brkaus
If it’s the color combo you wanted and there is no damage (paint chips/dents/curb rash) that sound good. That’s less than a month of miles.