Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver International Electric Parking - Teslas Stop Parking There!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslas are as entitled to the spots
Teslas are NOT entitled to the spot if they are not charging. Just parking there, is no different from ICEing.

You intentionally misquoted Zaxxon and changed what they said. Their point was that Teslas that are charging have the same right to use the plugs as any other EV that's charging:

Teslas are as entitled to the spots as anyone else, but plug in or GTFO.

Really shouldn't be a controversial opinion. :)

Indeed. Charge and vacate isn't controversial at all because someone not charging is preventing someone else from using the resource be they an ICE or EV.

It's also why I think L2 chargers at an airport are a bit nonsensical because people tend to leave their vehicle parked there for more than a few hours at a time. L1 chargers are probable better for the majority of users, especially since you could have three 120V 20A chargers that would have the same power requirements as a single 240V 30A charger. For those that are there short term, an L3 charger would better serve them than an L2.

Last edited:
Reactions: tvuolo and gregoryg
I know DIA does have some spots reserved for hybrids:

Hybrid Vehicle Parking

The airport has designated hybrid vehicle parking in 18 spaces in our garages/economy lots and 32 spaces in the Pikes Peak Shuttle Lot.

Hybrid vehicle parking spaces are located close-in, near handicap parking in the Garages and near shuttle pick-up and drop-off shelters in the Economy Lots. These spaces are designated with hybrid vehicle parking-only signs and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Standard parking rates apply.

Hybrid cars, SUVs and light trucks up to 8,500 pounds that are included on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s List of Eligible Low Emission and Energy-Efficient Vehicles are eligible to park in these spaces.

I found an old copy of the EPA list of vehicles and Teslas are included...so it sounds like Teslas could park in those "hybrid" spots...but then I bet hybrid owners will be complaining or taking other action. :(

For the last few trips we've taken, we usually park at one of the off-site lots with dedicated Tesla charging.

Last edited:
Indeed. Charge and vacate isn't controversial at all because someone not charging is preventing someone else from using the resource be they an ICE or EV.

It's also why I think L2 chargers at an airport are a bit nonsensical because people tend to leave their vehicle parked there for more than a few hours at a time. L1 chargers are probable better for the majority of users, especially since you could have three 120V 20A chargers that would have the same power requirements as a single 240V 30A charger. For those that are there short term, an L3 charger would better serve them than an L2.
Should be L1 in long-term parking and L2 in short-term parking.