TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Destination Charger charging for charging?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by BerTX, Sep 14, 2016.

1. BerTX

BerTX Member

May 2, 2014
    I just noticed that a Tesla destination charger that I was considering using now has a $5 charging fee listed on Plugshare. I don't remember ever seeing that before. I don't know if this fee is waved if you do business with them.

Anyone ever see this at other DCs? I know they almost always require a business transaction of some kind. I actually like the idea that a business, like a hotel I don't want to stay at, would be willing to allow charging for a fee to recover their electricity cost.

The charger is at Home Made Kitchen in George West, Tx.
  2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Yep, frequently some of them do. The Blue Lakes Inn in Twin Falls Idaho has a form at the front desk for paying a fee for non-guests to use their charging stations.
    • Helpful x 1
  3. paulkva

paulkva Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Falls Church, VA
    Another example: The Inn at Cooperstown (NY) has a Destination Charger, and there is a $10 fee for non-guests to plug in. It was the first (and so far only) time I've paid for charging in more than 3 years of owning a Model S -- other than paying for electricity at home of course -- but it ended up being a huge convenience for me.