Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Determining the number of Model S cars in your state?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried in three different modalities:

(1) I asked my OER who specifically responded "we do not give out information of other owners" and then went on to describe how they are monitored closely and that this information - if disseminated - would qualify.

(2) I asked Jack at the service station and Jack, being the tremendously nice person he is, simply said "there are quite a few" and I said "how many exactly and he said "there are quite a few" - lather, rinse repeat.

(3) I have asked each store person I have come in contact with - from Houston to Austin to Toronto - and they answer "we don't get that information"

If you look back at the news, you will see that Tesla is very careful in disseminating the number of cars they have produced, particularly per week. The one glimpse we got was the re-call that occurred late last spring that involved cars manufactured between "A"date and "B" date and it was "X" number of vehicles after which, the math gave a number of how many cars were produced per week.

I would like to go to Jack and say "how many Teslas are in Texas" and have him say, 1,392 with 339 in Houston, 315 in Dallas, 199 in Austin and others spread over the state (those numbers are imaginary, by the way). But I doubt that he (or anyone) is going to do that.

Does anyone know a way to determine how many cars like ours have been sold in each state? I've seen the production map, but maybe I missed an owner's map?

I know that when I picked up my car on June 12, there were 75 Tesla Model S cars in Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Western Wisconsin, North Dakota, and South Dakota.

I don't know how it breaks down from there, or what's happened since.

You can always ask the guys at the Tesla service center in Eden Prairie for more up-to-date info on the Minnesota region.

If is deemed to be in Tesla's interest they will release some information to the public. In July during the first Supercharger ribbon cutting ceremony in Florida Tesla announced that there were over 500 Model Ss in the state of Florida.

Larry

If is deemed to be in Tesla's interest they will release some information to the public. In July during the first Supercharger ribbon cutting ceremony in Florida Tesla announced that there were over 500 Model Ss in the state of Florida.
At a recent Seattle event, I heard that officially Washington is 2nd behind California. Not per capita/area, but in total number by state.

It wasn't a formal announcement but it was from a Tesla voice I trust.

At a recent Seattle event, I heard that officially Washington is 2nd behind California. Not per capita/area, but in total number by state.

It wasn't a formal announcement but it was from a Tesla voice I trust.

As of July 31, WA had 704 Model S registered, plus 75 Roadsters. These numbers came from the DOT.

As of July 10, according to DMV statistics in Florida there were 695 Model S registered, plus 65 Roadsters.

So I would say the numbers are so close that for any given month in the future Washington State might not hold the number two spot.

Larry