Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Everyone Who Made A Reservation On Day 1 Get A Model Car?

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
Better than nobody getting them :p (I say this as a line waiter)

Not really.

Elon quoted how much Tesla / he appreciated line waiters and that they would receive "something special". He said this right after he talked about why Model S and X folks will get free supercharging - that being because if his appreciation of those who purchased S and X's - providing a clear path for the model 3.

Reactions: kablammyman

gtmotor

Apr 8, 2018
Arizona
Do you think they actually put some sort of special flag on the accounts of all of us that waited in line? I seriously doubt it and am not expecting anything other than my wrinkled artwork (thanks mailman) and my toy car (which has been beat up and well loved by my toddler).

Bet TSLA

Dec 8, 2014
Cupertino, CA
I waited on a long line in Fremont to make my reservations. Picked my (first) Model 3 up on Christmas Eve. No toy. This is the first I've heard of any such thing.

run-the-joules

Turgid Member
Aug 13, 2017
SF Bay
I did not when I picked up my car back in January. Supposedly I can swing by a delivery center and they’ll check the VIN and give me one but I haven’t had the time.

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
I was curious for those of you who received the Model 3 and made a day 1 reservation, if you got the toy model car. I thought it was only for people who stood in line, but I know of people who didn't stand in line get one as well.
I don't know why you opened this thread because a toy model car wasn't promised to day one reservationists.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC