Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did we just get a final design hint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just posted, a Veteran T-Shirt on their shopping site.

Anyone with fancy-shmancy skills that can enhance that Model 3 fascia?

522A0825_1024x1024.jpg

I wonder how much we can conclude from a T shirt. For all we know, the T shirt team was not privy to the latest design plans.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the nose remainst he same. Som other adjustments might be there.

Reactions: deonb
This is the final nose design.
Stop beating a dead horse.

On what do you base that? And on what level are you saying it is the final nose? As in absolutely no changes whatsoever... or as in, generally something like this?

The car in the photo does not even seem to have AP2. There must be some changes ahead.

Both Model S and Model X noses changed significantly from their public prototype/alpha versions.

This is the final nose design.
Stop beating a dead horse.

Wasn't trying to beat a dead horse, more or less just wanted to confirm, hence my request for a close-up of the image since I couldn't make it out in detail. I would find it difficult to believe that 6 months after pencils-down that they would produce an official product on a shirt with a concept design.

I would agree with you and lean toward the idea this is probably the final front design.

Wasn't trying to beat a dead horse, more or less just wanted to confirm, hence my request for a close-up of the image since I couldn't make it out in detail. I would find it difficult to believe that 6 months after pencils-down that they would produce an official product on a shirt with a concept design.

I would agree with you and lean toward the idea this is probably the final front design.

Well that is pretty much what Tesla did with Model X. I mean, I don't remember if there was a T shirt, but all the public PR used the old Model X prototype (both pictures and actual demo car) until the final unveil. The only exception was one invite showing the updated roofline.

The PR people may not have access to the latest design changes - who knows how long ago this shirt picture was even designed...

That said, I agree Model 3 nose probably won't change much.

Its already Feb '17, production starts mid '17, less then half a year away.

Well, is history is any judge, can we be sure production starts in mid 2017? Model S and Model X were severely delayed. We have not even seen many (any?) mules on the road. With Model X at we got to witness 6-9 months of mules...

The Model 3 we have seen in public is the one that was launched in the spring of 2016. That was soon a year ago. Again if history is any judge, that is the Model 3 they will keep showing us until the final unveil (whenever that might be, maybe coinciding with opening of the Design Studio). So just because we have seen the early 2016 Model 3 recently, does not mean the Model 3 behind scenes remains the same.

A lot can have changed in that year. Probably not much, but still possibly many things. Certainly a lot changed in Model S and Model X in their respective timeframes.

Reactions: melindav