Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable auto park on double tap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talking about the ability to double tap P before exiting to summon parking after exiting the car. I find this new feature not working for me, and really dangerous actually.

In the last few months, I learned to click P when I park to disengage the driving mode. Somehow, it does it automatically when I open the door, but I was never able to understand what exactly triggers to auto switch to park. not a biggie, I now learned to press park.

The issue, is that, I am not tapping P once, but multiple times, I guess to make sure it is registered,. it is a fairly easy task, so i tap a couple of times, and without looking at the screen, I know the car is on park, and I get out.

Now comes the new feature that actually enables auto park on double tap. 3 times now, I had my car start moving after I got out. It was scary every time. It happened to me once at the Tesla service center, where my car continued towards the glass french door. it stopped by itself, that time I only noticed when i came back), but scary nonetheless.

I don't want to disable summon, I use it a lot, I actually feel that the car does a better / faster job than me to get in and out of my cramped garage, but I would love to get rid of this double tap feature.

My hope is that others feel the same, and that they had the ability to disable this feature in a future update.

You sound like a user that would be best suited to just disable the feature. Making it so cumbersome to use defeats the purpose of the feature. I can understand the need for caution, but if there's three layers of lock-out it ends up just being easier and faster to park it yourself.

Talking about the ability to double tap P before exiting to summon parking after exiting the car. I find this new feature not working for me, and really dangerous actually.

In the last few months, I learned to click P when I park to disengage the driving mode. Somehow, it does it automatically when I open the door, but I was never able to understand what exactly triggers to auto switch to park. not a biggie, I now learned to press park.

The issue, is that, I am not tapping P once, but multiple times, I guess to make sure it is registered,. it is a fairly easy task, so i tap a couple of times, and without looking at the screen, I know the car is on park, and I get out.

Now comes the new feature that actually enables auto park on double tap. 3 times now, I had my car start moving after I got out. It was scary every time. It happened to me once at the Tesla service center, where my car continued towards the glass french door. it stopped by itself, that time I only noticed when i came back), but scary nonetheless.

I don't want to disable summon, I use it a lot, I actually feel that the car does a better / faster job than me to get in and out of my cramped garage, but I would love to get rid of this double tap feature.

My hope is that others feel the same, and that they had the ability to disable this feature in a future update.
As a Canadian without the double tap -P to auto park, I will trade you ;-)