Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable emergency lane departure avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my car back after 3 months of it being in the body shop. I updated to 24.4, and out of the blue ELDA freaked me out last night. Is it possible to disable it. I don't see it in the autopilot settings. Thanks

Reactions: ucmndd
So what happens if you swerve to avoid an obstacle in the road, like a tire, ladder, body, etc.? Will the car fight you and cause you to hit the obstacle?

I know that on my S it has a feature where if you cross a line and your blinker is not on, it will vibrate the steering wheel to alert you that you are drifting out of the lane.

So what happens if you swerve to avoid an obstacle in the road, like a tire, ladder, body, etc.? Will the car fight you and cause you to hit the obstacle?

I know that on my S it has a feature where if you cross a line and your blinker is not on, it will vibrate the steering wheel to alert you that you are drifting out of the lane.

When I went through a construction zone I had to drive in the edge of the road and it kept trying to nudge me back onto the road into cones for 3 miles (9 attempts or so). Could fight it off easily as I was driving but it did slightly swerve in a tight area. Klaxons and red line in IC each time. Really annoying.

No option to disable is present.

Edit: AS and TACC were off.

• Informative
Reactions: GWord
55E67DE6-6E94-4417-BE48-A8F845D33610.jpeg
It exists for the 3, and will supposedly be enabled on S/X at some point in the future, but I assure you your car doesn’t have it now.

Yes I see what you mean.

What I see on Tesla’s new site on May 2nd is
“At Tesla, improving safety is our primary goal, even after a customer purchases their car. That’s why we’re introducing these features beginning today via a free over-the-air software update, starting with Model 3 owners and gradually expanding to all cars that were built after October 2016.”

I think I have seen on my Model S the redline warning and got the klaxon at the edge of the road but I will check and report back if I can reproduce it.

Yeah, it caught me by surprise a little when my M3 tried to kill a pedestrian in the road that I was trying to avoid. Thankfully it doesn't try too hard. I thought recent software allowed you to turn it off and it stay off but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Ok so this is feature is not in my AP2.5 2019.29.3.1 vehicle.
What happens is you get a warning to “take over immediately”. But even that did not happen every time I crossed the line.

So S and X will wait for this feature to shake out on Model 3s as was said by another poster above.

I’m om 32.2 also. The last update messed with lane departure and turned it on without my knowing it. Today I was dodging debris in the road, and it sounded so loudly that I flinched and almost wrecked. I stopped and turned it back off. That now joined blindside warning in permanent off because of the insane level of noise. What is Tesla thinking?! Be glad if you don’t have them.