Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disable stability control without disabling ABS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean an ABS sensor? I can't imagine why a tire pressure sensor would have anything to do with any stability control systems.

I’ll have to dig up the sources again but I believe if you unplug the ABS the power steering goes as well. I think that was from a YouTube vid highlighting the upcoming mountain pass performance mods.

I believe the TPMS bit was from a comment on that video.

Hey guys,

We are working on a module right now that will plug in and allow you to fault the stability control system with the flip of a switch. The system would then revert back to normal operation upon reset of the drive unit (parking and opening the charge door for example).

Traction control will still be active with this method, but with the stability control off you can get fully sideways as long as you do it without power :)

Hey guys,

We are working on a module right now that will plug in and allow you to fault the stability control system with the flip of a switch. The system would then revert back to normal operation upon reset of the drive unit (parking and opening the charge door for example).

Traction control will still be active with this method, but with the stability control off you can get fully sideways as long as you do it without power :)
Sweet! Thanks. Looking forward to seeing pricing.

There's probably a sensor (gyro / acceleromoter ) or a fuse you can pull to defeat stability and leave ABS intact.

Stability sensors are usually found near the center line going down the middle of the car, under dash.

There's probably a sensor (gyro / acceleromoter ) or a fuse you can pull to defeat stability and leave ABS intact.

Stability sensors are usually found near the center line going down the middle of the car, under dash.
No fuses in this car. The accelerometer(s) is(are) probably integrated into a circuit board somewhere but maybe I'm wrong. Sounds like Mountain Pass will have some good news for us soon.

Nice. Has pricing been finalized or are you waiting on completing all the parts sourcing to commit on that? Are you ready to talk ballpark on the price?
Still working on these OEM connectors, we found one very close and have inquired about minor changes to the keying. We aren't interested in having to modify every connector we sell!

Hey guys,

What if I want to disable traction control but leave stability control??