Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed in app, features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that would be correct I did complain about that yesterday and they said they would truck it back this time
did not here from them today not sure what's up yet it might be cause we are in Ontario and the service people are new and
they are not really tuned in to the car yet last time they called me they said they were on there way then called back with something else wrong I think they are learning on my car

What does a new P85D sell for in the U.S. with everything but the upgraded sound?

I am very serious about selling my new p85d because of are dollar i shouldn't lose anything I think
iam not really that happy with the car I would like to wait a few years till they get all the bugs out

I can't speak to this with any general accuracy but with the high demand and months of waiting to take delivery of a new order i would imagine you could get very close to what you paid for it. I know I would pay very close to full price to not have to wait until April to take delivery. I guess it depends on how common the specs of your P85D are.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way to find out is to list it for sale at whatever price you want for it and see what happens.

bugs

What are the bugs that you have??
well I guess its just there is always something going wrong one day its sensors now my wiper washers
and then my cruse control went today I guess iam just losing my patients
and iam not happy about the range you get here in Ontario I cant even go to Toronto and back with out stopping in Toronto for a charge its only 120 km from my house the range is terrible when its 20 bellow its really a summer car
and iam sure the range is ok in the summer

please excuse my grammar it seems there are members here who like to make fun of it
its just something I never spent any time at I failed to see the importance of it if you got what I meant that's good enough I would never call anyone out on there weaknesses
no matter what kind of club you join there is always a smart ass
cheers

Tesla will not warranty a CA car in the US and vice versa. Also, the car is programmed for CA not US...maps, nav etc......

You sure about that? the warranty document says it's the North American warranty and specifies they will warranty the car as long as it stays within the North American Warranty region which is defined as the 50 states of the US, District of Columbia and the 13 provinces of Canada.

You sure about that? the warranty document says it's the North American warranty and specifies they will warranty the car as long as it stays within the North American Warranty region which is defined as the 50 states of the US, District of Columbia and the 13 provinces of Canada.

Note 100% sure, one would have to call Tesla and find out but this is what I as told by multiple people at Tesla a few months ago.

Hey G**** – sorry missed your call – and a big phone day.

All cars are warranteed country specific. Cars are specifically built for Canada or United States and service need to take place in that country (there may be minor exceptions, I'll let Jason respond if that's the case).

I definitely do not recommend buying a Canadian vehicle.

I hope this helps!

Tesla will not warranty a CA car in the US and vice versa. Also, the car is programmed for CA not US...maps, nav etc......

The warranty is one thing, but how are the maps and NAV different between countries? I've driven in the USA and didn't notice a difference.

The provincial site does specify that you must keep the car registered and insured for a year in Ontario or forfait the rebate. The best option, if truly unsatisfied after one month, is to ask TM to take back the car.

- - - Updated - - -

All cars are warranteed country specific. Cars are specifically built for Canada or United States and service need to take place in that country (there may be minor exceptions, I'll let Jason respond if that's the case).

Canadians on road trips have had their vehicles serviced in the States.

Well that's not what the warranty document says:
https://my.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/blog_attachments/1033081-00-e_model_s_quick_guide_na_r20140925_en_us.pdf

Who Can Enforce this New Vehicle Limited Warranty?

The first retail purchaser, or subsequent purchaser, of a new Model S vehicle sold in the Tesla North America Warranty Region, titled or registered in the name of the first retail purchaser, or subsequent purchaser, according to the laws of the 50 states of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, or Canada, and that has only been transported or driven in the Tesla North America Warranty Region, can enforce this New Vehicle Limited Warranty

My US Leaf brought up from the States (and retrofitted with daytime running lights, etc. then registered in Canada) is serviced under warranty in Canada. The only issue I have had is that when I called Nissan Roadside Assistance in Canada they directed me to the American 1-800 number (which worked in Canada) since my Leaf's vin showed it was a US Vehicle. It was towed for free to the Nissan dealer in Canada and serviced under warranty. But before I bought it, I made sure it qualified...

Automobile Protection Association | Canadian Warranty information on new cars bought in the U.S.

I don't know what the rules are for cars going the other way but a call to Tesla service in the States, saying I bought my car in Canada and want to bring it in for service, would likely give the answer.

I am repeating this again. My Canadian Sig was sold to a buyer in Utah. Tesla confirmed they will service the car and honor the warranty. He is driving the car there now and has had warranty work performed on it. There was a fair amount of paperwork required to enable it to cross the border. Conversely a US Model S cannot be imported into Canada.

I am repeating this again. My Canadian Sig was sold to a buyer in Utah. Tesla confirmed they will service the car and honor the warranty. He is driving the car there now and has had warranty work performed on it. There was a fair amount of paperwork required to enable it to cross the border. Conversely a US Model S cannot be imported into Canada.

It is your car that I wanted to to buy, this was back in Nov so things might have changed but I was told by 3 people at Tesla that they would not honor the warranty.

It is your car that I wanted to to buy, this was back in Nov so things might have changed but I was told by 3 people at Tesla that they would not honor the warranty.

Right and we are telling you that is a violation of the very warranty agreement that is in black and white. That one is really easy to fight. I'm sorry you were told something that isn't true... It is one of Tesla's biggest flaws... Communication that is not united...