Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed in app, features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably good that you're selling the car - I'm surprised the salesperson would mislead, since they don't work on commission. But miscommunications do happen.

Have you talked to your salesperson since taking delivery? What did s/he say regarding your missed expectations?

Probably good that you're selling the car ...

Let me clarify this statement: I hope that you do decide to keep the car, it's an amazing vehicle. But not every product on the market is going to make everyone happy. If you're this unhappy over a car that should be making you burst with joy every time you get into it, then you should probably sell it and find a car that does. It's simply too big of a purchase and you spend too much time in it to be disappointed ongoing.

As you can tell by reading the forums or online reviews, most people can't stop talking about how much they love the car. But that doesn't mean that YOU have to love it. And if you don't, sell it. Life is too short to be upset like this.

well like I said my rep told me things that were just not true
and I still don't have the seats I ordered or the consul and for the most expensive sedan in the world I would at least like to get what I was told I was getting

Might be helpful to know you're not alone; there's a whole thread on not getting the right seats---> Tracking-P85D-Next-Generation-Seats-Delivery-Thread

And on availability of the center console---> Drop-In-Center-Console-now-in-the-Tesla-Model-S-online-store

I would like to remind the OP or anyone else who may not know, if you happen to have leased the car (I don't know if that was the situation here, but likely not...) they have a happiness guarantee of 3 months.

Significantly Improved Leasing for a Tesla with US Bank | Tesla Motors

If you did buy it with cash/loan. It is the hottest Tesla model on the planet right now (P85D) go list it in the For Sale section of the forum, post it on craigslist or some other selling place and I practically guarantee you that someone will take it off your hands at almost no loss to you (Even with the missing seats... since those will get fixed soon).

- - - Updated - - -

Might be helpful to know you're not alone; there's a whole thread on not getting the right seats---> Tracking-P85D-Next-Generation-Seats-Delivery-Thread

And on availability of the center console---> Drop-In-Center-Console-now-in-the-Tesla-Model-S-online-store

Yeah, the center console. I was lucky to not have had to wait as long as others. I have a piano black interior so that made it even better. But they should have told you that the console wouldn't come with the car when you ordered it.

I don't even see the other trim options listed as order-able (or able to put yourself on the waiting list) straight through their website:
http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-center-console

Meaning if you ordered the Piano Black console those, while not necessarily shipping with the cars yet, should be coming within 30 days give or take, and any other trim you should have well known ahead of time that those aren't even available yet. If you were somehow mislead by the Tesla Sales rep, I would get their name and information and report this to the regional manager or to ownership. Because I can't see any decent sales guy messing that one up... since this has been this way for at least 3 or 4 months now.

Anymore it seems like it is just standard operating procedure for Tesla. It's a shame and something they really need to fix before they start selling the Model 3.

I understand that people have reported that. But in my experience, that's not true for everyone. I haven't had to deal with miscommunications in the 4 years I've done business with them.

YMMV.

I understand that people have reported that. But in my experience, that's not true for everyone. I haven't had to deal with miscommunications in the 4 years I've done business with them.

YMMV.

Neither have I in the two years I have done business with them, but that doesn't make it any less true. It's just one of the fundamental things that Tesla needs to correct before they sell to a consumer that is going to be less forgiving than us early adopters.

I have but it was definitely never deliberate and, as much as I'm prepared to give Tesla critical feedback when necessary, I do think it's a symptom of the rapid growth curve they've been on.

iam just stating the facts iam only trying to let people no to ask more questions and get it in writing before your order
I was so upset after a week I wanted to return the car they said no iam cooling down now so iam stuck with this now my mistake

- - - Updated - - -

you no I was so pumped about getting the car I made a custom made tesla ring and sent it to him for a gift never herd a thing from him or anyone else I don't no how to put a picture on here or I would show you its what I do for a living

iam just stating the facts iam only trying to let people no to ask more questions and get it in writing before your order
I was so upset after a week I wanted to return the car they said no iam cooling down now so iam stuck with this now my mistake

- - - Updated - - -

you no I was so pumped about getting the car I made a custom made tesla ring and sent it to him for a gift never herd a thing from him or anyone else I don't no how to put a picture on here or I would show you its what I do for a living

Give it a few months. Your issues can largely be overcome with software updates so it's not like the car will be stuck in the unacceptable state forever.

- - - Updated - - -

That is why many of us have said that if you can't return the car, then sell it to someone else. If you hate it that much... it is only going to depreciate more the longer you have it. Many people are itching for the new P85D and with the horrible wait times you very likely can flip it in its current condition at practically a breakeven price (You will likely lose out on the taxes you paid and maybe a small hit on the value of the car).

About the range problems, pre-heating the car while it is plugged in goes a LONG way toward preventing you from eating into the battery while you are driving. Especially at -20 (I assume Celsius since you are in CA) that is quite rough on the pack. That said... at -20 (which is -4F for us Southerners) isn't that starting to get toward the point where you would be using a block heater to ensure your engine doesn't freeze? At least the Tesla will start up in any condition without having to worry about losing access to your ICE because you forgot to thaw it. (And if you meant -20F, then that makes my argument even stronger)

With the known efficiency problem with the P85D right now, I would expect that half charge loss to also get somewhat fixed when the "normal" mode is released later this month. And again, I would love it is you would clarify what you were told about the center console and the expectations that you had... and which one you ordered. Because I have never seen anyone mislead in the way you are talking about with regard to that item, so if it happened... then I am sorry, and I think you should identify this issue to the local management/ownership.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh about the posting pictures (assuming you are on a PC) there is an "image" button at the top of the text editor so you can add an image either from your computer or from a URL. If you are using a phone, I hear TapTalk works really great with this website and makes images easier to upload. I would love to see a photo of the ring!