Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a message telling me to accept changes to my MYLR Midnight Cherry Red order. It said that ultrasound sensors were replaced with Tesla Vision, but that certain systems like Summon and Park assist would be unavailable for now.. Wonder what HW version I will get… I got a VIN so maybe I can check.

Just got a message telling me to accept changes to my MYLR Midnight Cherry Red order. It said that ultrasound sensors were replaced with Tesla Vision, but that certain systems like Summon and Park assist would be unavailable for now.. Wonder what HW version I will get… I got a VIN so maybe I can check.
As far as I'm aware, the midnight cherry red is only made in Berlin currently, which has not yet switched to HW4. I think every MY order has been coming with that message to accept changes for months now, since they switched to vision-only and removed the ultrasonic sensors.

But at least you get an awesome color that we can't get over here (yet?)

PA1301XX ,3 or 4?

Attachments

• PXL_20230614_020849599.jpg
    PXL_20230614_020849599.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 137
So is it confirmed that HW4 on MYs do not have radar like the S/X?
Hard to tell for now until someone remove front bumper to confirm. The reason for guessing it is not in Hw4 ModelY is that they still have the Xilinx Zynq flexible SoC in the unit. It is a chip that engineer can tweak more easily with OTA, they usually switch it to a lower cost SoC after they finalized design and went into volume manufacturing. So basically the current high Def radar unit is a beta, and hard to believe Tesla will manufacure in current form for Model Y. If anyone is interested, the image is in the earlier post of a tweet.

Can you share the source? The radar in Hw4 Model S/X should be in use, otherwise Tesla will remove in later production.
You could just do a search, I’ve seen multiple reports, but

Tesla Hardware 4 vehicle teardown reveals radar module

Feels like you are spewing crap. The vector crap is no where as good as birds eye view. It is just wrong in distance estimates.
I didn't say it was as good as true birds eye, but it's all hw3 and hw4 are capable of due to camera placement. It shows cars, curbs, poles, but no parking lines.

I think you're thinking of park assist. I'm talking about the overhead view in Beta that I assume one day it will be available to everyone eventually.